Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VS2019 Build Problem > Symstore add

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, I wish everyone a good day, I had to format my machine and I did. As a result, I installed vs2019 and the necessary programs again, I encountered an error during the build, it took some effort and I found the solution. Maybe someone like me may have experienced this error, maybe it will happen in the future. I want to share the error and solution:
Error;
Code:
Error MSB3073 "symstore add /r /f "E:\SourceCodeVS2019\_bin\Client\Release_Redux\." /t "Client" /s "E:\SourceCodeVS2019\Client\Ispania_English\..\..\_symbols"
":VCEnd" command exited with code 9009. Client C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 155

Solution:
Open your project and go to Client>Properties>Compile Events>Post Build Event>Command:
symstore add /r /f "$(TargetDir)*.*" /t "$(TargetName)" /s "$(ProjectDir)..\ ..\_symbols"

ChangeCommand:

When you do this, the _symbol folder is created without any problems and the build is completed.

The topic may be in the wrong place, you can get it to the right place, thank you.

Finally, you may know this, but I wanted to open this subject for those who do not know.

Best regards, Gaddar

Last edited:
Back