Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

---> Want a query or explaination how to add skills lvl 125! please!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since *********** seems to be a bit g*y i wanna ask it to you all.

I need a query , or explaination how i get those lv 125 skill files into my database.
It is some to much to do all of this lines with the hand so a query or explaination should be handy.

Thanks allot!!

Greetings,

Killerflood

Master Summoner
Reaction score
caosfox how did you make the skills be shown inside the client? my client keeps crashing when i add the skills to skilldata_35000enc or if it doesnt crash it simply doesnt show them inside the client =/

@killerflood:
use bulk insert in case your tables use auto increment on ids, if not you still can change the ids manually and copy&paste them into the tables

Upvote 0
In the Emperor name
Reaction score
yes, it shows (but no icons, im too lazy to add them)

check if you dont have duplicated skillgroup ids

btw some crashed my client (maybe wrong params?)
so is better to add batchs (only 1 skill * like sword one*, then the next, etc)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
i tried that already, even the first sword skill is crashing the client
the skillgroup ids arent duplicated also, checked those like a hundret times as i did with all other ids

how did you get them to be shown anyways?

Upvote 0
In the Emperor name
Reaction score
i simply copy and paste from db _refskill and to skilldataxxxx.txt
and adds the lvl 125 skills files : skillgroup.txt and skillmasterydata.txt

i ongly crash if adds 2 wizz skills, the rest works ok.

if you want i can send my data about skills 125 (they are downgrade as 120) but you can raise lvls easy

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
well at least an improvement .. the skills are being shown ingame and the button to level them up is shown too (thanks for that) but i cant level them up .. any ideas?

Upvote 0
In the Emperor name
Reaction score
as far i know, you need patched gs and client (or maybe client alone, idk) my skills (the one i posted) are downgrade to 120 max

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
i didnt change the skill level yet, but i patched the client to be able to view skills up to level 140 already .. afaik the gs doesnt need any patches for this and its only for being displayed at all .. anyways as i said i didnt change the skill level thus i should be able to learn them .. but i cant =/

Upvote 0
In the Emperor name
Reaction score
mhhh, really no idea. at least it must be lvl to lvl 120 ( the new ones)
UNLESS... you have diferent chaincodes (example you need skill A to lvl 120 to lvl the skill B, but your id is not my id, then ofc you cant lvl up, maybe my chaincode set to check lvl of skill A is looking at skill H on your db. hope you understand what im saying)

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
yeah i get what you mean .. but i didnt understand how skill chaining works yet could you explain that a bit?

Upvote 0
In the Emperor name
Reaction score
ok, give me a sec

ok, this is how it works:
at db, ReqLearn_Skill1 to 3 means the groupid you need to use that skill
ReqLearn_SkillLevel1 to 3 is the lvl of the group/skill you need to learn this skill.

lets look at SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_H_1S_03
ReqLearn_Skill1 410
ReqLearn_Skill2 411
ReqLearn_SkillLevel1 22
ReqLearn_SkillLevel2 9

410 = SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F series
411 = SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_G series

410 must be lvl 22 and 411 must be lvl 9 to learn this skill SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_H_1S_03

now basic chaincode:
lets look at id 7815 SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_1S_01 , next skill is SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_2S_01 and next is SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_3S_01...and so son.

so..
SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_1S_01 have id 7815
SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_2S_01 have id 7207
SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_3S_01 have id 7229

so basic_chaincode of SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_1S_01 is 7207 (id of next skill) and the basic_chaincode of SKILL_CH_SWORD_CHAIN_F_2S_01 is 7279 (id of next skill) and so on

hope you understand it, i sucks at explaining things

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back