Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

We need a guide for putting a server online from behind a router!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have checked all the guides etc.. and basically the furthest it gets you from behind a router, is to the channel select (for the person trying to connect to you), so basically something is missing, can someone please help.

Ty

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows yet. I'm barely at testing external access through my router myself at the moment but i will probably do a guide if there isn't one already by the time i know.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And what do u think would be in that guide? port forwarding in you exact router modal? Or dmz settings also for exact router model?

The guide would be simple,

Forward ports, turn of firewall.
Or better put your centos ip in routers dmz zone :)

Dont know how?
port forwarding YOUR_ROUTER_NAME

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
have you already resolve problems on how you can put full internet connection on your VMware Centos?

right now im using CentosOS 5.2 on VMware my network is under a router . just put your DNS servers Ip and your done youll have your Centos full access through your internet!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
dns entry's can be putted in /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver YOUR_PRIMARY_DNS
nameserver YOUR_SECONDARY_DNS

and if u installed kde or gnome, u can do it i gui ;)

just reminding :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my Centos has access to the internet, I have forwarded those ports, any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if your client can connect to your login servers that means, it can see your server, so i am 90% sure u missed 38111 port :) (world srv port)

and check your world srv log, if u can see yours friends ip trying to connect that means, he must try more times to connect, if no its 38111. cant be anything else.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey z3r0, could i possibly add you to msn, so me and you can test it? thank you!

edit :

port 30k-40k was already open on my router, so that cant be the case..

Upvote 0
Back