Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WelcomeMessage

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! i could not find any post about welcome messages...
Can anyone tell me how do i edit it or delete it? (It shows up every time when i log in)
eb7b58d78b0e1faadacc2452a08fc073 - WelcomeMessage - RaGEZONE Forums

And also how to edit system message? (Edit : Oh i wasn't searching for it x_x )
30dbd9fda5a2954e65e64764b0599784 - WelcomeMessage - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
The system message is 9/10 chances in the folder of you webservice wich can be kinda everywhere, home, opt, var depending where its placed

Example for me that would be: /home/apache-tomcat-6.0.39/webapps/pwAdmin/AA

In the AA folder will be some .jsp files wich are saying the message from the voting!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, sorry for necroing but i didn't feel like opening anew thread for almost the exact same question.

This was a two part question:
1) How to change the welcome message that appears in the chat when you log in
2) How to make system broadcast messages

N° 2 has been answered here and in many other threads, but as far as N°1 goes, i've searched a lot and tried looking for some clues in my client and server and still can find wheree this might be.

So does anyone know where this message is located so i can change it?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Question 1:
Edit ingame.stf from interfaces:
9343 "^FF3600Last login time:%s"
9344 "^FF3600Last login IP: %s"
9345 "^FF3600Login IP: %s"
EG:9343 "^FF3600Welcome please vote on blablabla \nLast login time:%s"

Question 2:
The system message is 9/10 chances in the folder of you webservice wich can be kinda everywhere, home, opt, var depending where its placed

Example for me that would be: /home/apache-tomcat-6.0.39/webapps/pwAdmin/AA

In the AA folder will be some .jsp files wich are saying the message from the voting!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for answering GamesShark.
I tried what you suggest but it didn't work for me unfortunately. Im using 343's 1.4.6 version.
The strange thing is that i assume you would put the message there because you actually get those notifications in the chat when you log in ("last login time", "last login IP", etc) so it would make sense to add it there.

I also have those messages in ingame.stf but they are never displayed when i log in. As a matter of fact, nothing is displayed on chat when i log in with a normal character. Maybe something that was calling those messages was disabled?
If you have no clue about this i think i'll ask 343 for his thoughts on this, maybe it was something that he changed in his release.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think there is a way to turn those messages on and off, but I'm not recalling where...

Okay, think I remember now - check uiconfig.ini for a line to control this (showIP) I do remember turning it off in my release because it drove me NUTS! (that's in the configs pack)!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed, that was the problem.
Now works like a charm!

Thanks again 343

Upvote 0
Back