Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private What does the community want to see?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi I am thinking of starting back a server ( Haven't messed with MS in forever) so I would like to know,

What does the community want to see in a server?
What is the version peoples want to see ( v83, 140, 150 +)?
Low rate or High rate?

Give feedback!

Reaction score
>.> these threads get so annoying

I want to see a fully implemented sex system utilizing the powerful architecture of the movement inside the client (Edit the client to add more movement possibilities)

I wan't no version. Remove the version from showing on top and build it specificity to attract a certain crowd. Young girls and horny teens? v83. People who like to donate with their moms money? High versions.

No rates, remove the need for mesos, monster exp and drops. Find a new alternative to allowing users to level and make money. Add quests to force players to obtain items no more drops!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
v83 is essentially a chat room where you can dress and control a cute avatar, don't do v83

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeh Well from what I've seen so far the private server community pretty much died.. What's left ? Trolls or lazy peoples so I don't know Anymore if it's even worth starting a new server for fun.. all the server I see are owned by trolls that Are money hungry ( Exceptions of a few..)

I will definitively not make v83 but with the community being that dead, And the fact that I am not decent enough to update packets, I am pretty sure I am stuck with 142.... or 117

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Yeh Well from what I've seen so far the private server community pretty much died.. What's left ? Trolls or lazy peoples so I don't know Anymore if it's even worth starting a new server for fun.. all the server I see are owned by trolls that Are money hungry ( Exceptions of a few..)

I will definitively not make v83 but with the community being that dead, And the fact that I am not decent enough to update packets, I am pretty sure I am stuck with 142.... or 117

Just don't touch maplestory private server development, it's a huge waste of time. Spend some time learning game development instead, it's so much more fun and you will actually become proficient in a lot of fields while MapleStory emulator development will be strictly focused on the server side, so you will become good in networking, concurrency and database management, which is perhaps a little less desirable than the game development skillsets and certainly a lot more boring. You might gain some reverse engineering knowledge as well but again, very specific set of skills that will only do you good in certain fields.

Reaction score
No rates, remove the need for mesos, monster exp and drops. Find a new alternative to allowing users to level and make money. Add quests to force players to obtain items no more drops!
Removing the need for mesos is the best suggestion I've seen for a private server. I recently started playing ExtaliaMS and holy poop, items are selling for 3b+. It's ridiculous. There's no easy way to make mesos besides farming and selling and merching like traditional GMS. It's fun and all, I just wish there was an easier way to be good at it.

Reaction score
Removing the need for mesos is the best suggestion I've seen for a private server. I recently started playing ExtaliaMS and holy poop, items are selling for 3b+. It's ridiculous. There's no easy way to make mesos besides farming and selling and merching like traditional GMS. It's fun and all, I just wish there was an easier way to be good at it.

If you think how corrupt people get in life with money and such. The bad it does really to people and play big servers lmao. I'm sure you've probably noticed some greedy users. Would be so much better if it's goods traded for goods and cut out the middle man (money)

Reaction score
If you think how corrupt people get in life with money and such. The bad it does really to people and play big servers lmao. I'm sure you've probably noticed some greedy users. Would be so much better if it's goods traded for goods and cut out the middle man (money)

Guess what happens when you do that? Users will create a common store of value that they can use to represent currency instead of the meso.
Where are we now? Exactly at square one where we have a currency system in place that the users created themselves.
What has this done? Made the service you are providing more intricate than it needs to be when you could have just had mesos from the start.
So is it really worth forcing users to do item to item trades? No, absolutely not.

Play a high rate server then. If you have an issue in how you make money in the game, then go to a server where obtaining money is pretty much useless. You cannot expect to play a competitive server and be handed everything on a silver platter.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
i like v83 with 10000x rates. instant lvl 200 and rb for just standing around no need to kill mob. free gm hat. free max stat item when u start

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
i like when everything iz gms like...u kno...like gms except not gms its a private server so i can veel zuper edgy yall niggas kno wat im sayin

Reaction score
I like close to GMS style, but a little higher in rates. I could go with 5-10x and still feel comfortable with it. I do get the itch for the high rate "easy" servers every now and then but in the end I need a goal to aim for so unless there is something other than trying to RB constantly, those get boring fast.

For me a lot of it comes down to the staff. If the staff are not friendly then I typically leave pretty soon so needless to say I don't stick around too many for long. ;)

Back