Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is the code that handles the client interface images?

Reaction score
I would like to understand how the season 9 ~18 client does to get the images from the files and arrange them to show the game interface, I'm not a programmer but I'm studying and I would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me in the simplest way possible!

Reaction score
I would like to understand how the season 9 ~18 client does to get the images from the files and arrange them to show the game interface, I'm not a programmer but I'm studying and I would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me in the simplest way possible!
if you download sources of files that have downgrade options like muemu files repacks thats one way to undestand how it loads and what it does, since all the interfaces images resources stay everytime a new season arises in mu files with mu sources of client side .dll u can target and trigger when main loads to load the old structure interface and the images and resources are already in the client of previous seasons, its kinda simple, not that i do know much of coding either, but i bet it works that way.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Most probably you need to find where the textures files are loading in the client's memory. Use a debugger, such as OllyDbg or IDA Pro to search the references by string names and it will show you where these are loaded into memory. If there's any client DLL source available, I suggest you to look into these. These sources are hooked into the Main.exe and some developers are using it to obtain the memory addresses from Main.exe and injecting their own rebuilt functions which were generated by the debugger using the same offset. Of course, you would need an unpacked Main.exe.
Many S6 available client sources are already having this developed pretty well. If you are not a developer, then it's gonna be pretty hard to understand how they did it because the functions are usually a mess cause of the memory offsets used which aren't making any sense in the code. Work with these while checking the offsets in IDA. If you are looking for an easier way to answer your questions, I'm afraid there's not, but I think (not sure) that the GUI is working pretty much the same in every season.

Upvote 0
Back