Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is the meaning of these new sections?

Reaction score
So what's the deal with these new sections for only a few programming languages? What are the rules.. And is there any topic in the community about this?

Infraction Baɴɴed
Reaction score
noticed it too but i dont have a problem.

if more people have other languages that arent added thats what this section is now for im guess. then when more people ask for it then it will become a sub section ... again im guessing

Infraction Baɴɴed
Reaction score
Should separate web front end from backend, for the sake of clarity.
thanks for the lolz

if you cant figure out in web development whats front end and whats back end you shouldnt attempt.

Reaction score

I agree. hotlhelper, it's not about whether or not they know the difference between the two, it's about the fact that they are two entirely different worlds.

Also, C++ Development should be renamed to C/C++ Development to also encompass C.

Oh, and Ruby on Rails should be added to the description of the web backend forum.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was actually a bit bugged that every time I checked CP with unread threads, none of them were web stuff. It's nice that I can just go to the web dev section now.

Google my name...
Reaction score

I agree. hotlhelper, it's not about whether or not they know the difference between the two, it's about the fact that they are two entirely different worlds.

Also, C++ Development should be renamed to C/C++ Development to also encompass C.

Oh, and Ruby on Rails should be added to the description of the web backend forum.

I am afraid I disagree. The concept of this section is not only for developers who have some experience, anyone can use this section, they might not know the difference and end up posting it in the wrong section then we all sit there going "OH MA GAWD WRONG SEKTI0N BR0 WE NOT HALP U"

I'd rather have the "Web" section where both front-end and back-end are posted and I can decide which topics to reply to instead of constantly watching multiple sub-sections...

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
A pointless and harmful action imo. The main section wasn't busy enough for all threads not to fit into it... Now I probably can't be arsed to browse every new section for programming language topics where I could help so sorry guys, count me out aside from the occasional thread or two that may catch my attention.

I kind of question the rationality of division by the language anyway because often people seem to think their problem is the language when it's really about something very different or generic.

Reaction score
I am afraid I disagree. The concept of this section is not only for developers who have some experience, anyone can use this section, they might not know the difference and end up posting it in the wrong section then we all sit there going "OH MA GAWD WRONG SEKTI0N BR0 WE NOT HALP U"

I'd rather have the "Web" section where both front-end and back-end are posted and I can decide which topics to reply to instead of constantly watching multiple sub-sections...

All the best,
Richard Komakech.
Great point. Considering the fact that many people that post in the web development section may not be able to effectively differentiate between frontend and backend, I'll retract that part of my suggestion.

A pointless and harmful action imo. The main section wasn't busy enough for all threads not to fit into it... Now I probably can't be arsed to browse every new section for programming language topics where I could help so sorry guys, count me out aside from the occasional thread or two that may catch my attention.

I kind of question the rationality of division by the language anyway because often people seem to think their problem is the language when it's really about something very different or generic.
I thought about this a bit when I saw the sections. While organisation is often beneficial, I really do agree with you. I usually refresh this forum section at least a few times a day, and I rarely ever see more than a couple updated threads. Even then, I very rarely find anything that I, and judging by the amount of replies those threads have, many other peoples - regulars to this section or not - would be willing to post in.

This attempt to organize will likely further deter the activity in this entire section, and it's already been somewhat lackluster.

That being said, I don't think I'd immediately argue for the removal of these new sections. Let's see how everything plays out.
We should keep an eye on how commonly these sections are used (both correctly and incorrectly) to how much the actual activity decreases/increases and even to how much more dead the section appears... if there are very few new posts in the main section, it may deter both regulars and, even more so, newbies from posting in this forum section.

Also, a side effect of all this will definitely be a higher amount of threads being reported for not being posted in the preexisting specific forum for that language. I wonder how much that will be an issue, though...

Last edited:
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score

back in the old time of the old rz forum we had simple possibilities to bypass this problem. there was a link besides every forum that allowed us to search for new posts recursively. http://forum.ragezone.com/search.php?do=getnew&f=144

id like to see such links back, however u can still build it: search.php?do=getnew&f=[forum_id]

see, it will not only show u new post topics in the forum 144 (coding paradise), it will even show all topics with new posts in the inherit forums.

have fun. =)

Reaction score
I just wonder what people think when they don't ask the community before changing it dramatically. And how are we to know if it is against the rules to post something about C in the main coder's paradise section? As of this writing, there are still no updates to the existing rules, and no new rules in the new sections.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f144/rules-general-info-180546/

I was hoping someone would post a link to a thread in coder's paradise where this was discussed prior to any action.. It worries me that the team of moderators on this forum have no regard to what the community thinks. Are they under the impression that they are running the community? Because it is obvious to me with any social web-site that the community runs the show. Did everyone forget about Timebomb's idea about fixing the resources thread? Why isn't there a resources section instead of several pointless, confusing, ignorant "language" additions? This is an outrage. There is nothing on Python, nothing on any functional language- nothing on EcmaScript- JavaScript in web development hardly counts. There is nothing on mobile development.. And adding additional sections is not the solution. I suggest, instead, we burn them down and discuss building the sections again, as a community, afterwards.

Google my name...
Reaction score
And adding additional sections is not the solution. I suggest, instead, we burn them down and discuss building the sections again, as a community, afterwards.

If we build it again as a community after, I vote on adding the "Komakech Korner" :wink:

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Now that the new sections are here we might as well see if it works. Despite what some people might think I can't see into the future very dependably therefore I'm not saying the change is necessarily a turn for the worse, but I never thought a division was called for with how few daily updating topics there have been in coder's paradise.

Reaction score
The reasoning behind putting in more sections, was partially to organize the sections up. But also to draw more people to browse what they themselves are interested in.

Yes, the section might not have had a ton of activity to justify this, however I believe that in the long run, it will actually work out very well, I also think that once it has been established, and people actually start using the subsections, it's going to be great to be able to just go into those sections that you actually want to go into, instead of browsing though things you might have no interest in, and also if you are posting a thread, or want to search for some help, a section helps a ton.

I also think that once the sections do get more active, moderators can be set in each of those sections that know that language very well, which will help the section grow because people will get help easier.

Just my two cents. And just so I don't look like I'm defending my own actions here, I didn't do the change. But I think it was great.

Google my name...
Reaction score
The reasoning behind putting in more sections, was partially to organize the sections up. But also to draw more people to browse what they themselves are interested in.

Yes, the section might not have had a ton of activity to justify this, however I believe that in the long run, it will actually work out very well, I also think that once it has been established, and people actually start using the subsections, it's going to be great to be able to just go into those sections that you actually want to go into, instead of browsing though things you might have no interest in, and also if you are posting a thread, or want to search for some help, a section helps a ton.

I also think that once the sections do get more active, moderators can be set in each of those sections that know that language very well, which will help the section grow because people will get help easier.

Just my two cents. And just so I don't look like I'm defending my own actions here, I didn't do the change. But I think it was great.

But can I still get "Komakech Korner"..?

What you've said makes sense, if it was more active it'd be a better change but it does make things slightly easier if you are interested in only one section and not multiple.

I guess we can work with it, I think we just wanted to be informed first or at least asked on our opinion of what sections we wanted.

As for "in the long run" we are a dead section really, most likely due to most questions being related to an MMO and being posted in their relative sections.

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Reaction score

You have no evidence to justify any of that. There have been no polls let alone any discussion with the community. This is not great, it's very apparent that these new sections are thoughtless. Nobody took the time to organize rules or give any announcement.. It's just utterly thoughtless, and I am appalled enough to leave this forum because of how thoughtless and rude this change was implemented. Only C# and Java out of all of those programming languages is modern and useful- and they are both OOP languages!! Wtf is up with that? ! C++ and vB.net were created with so many warts that they aren't even worth using. "Web Development" is still vague- and one of the most popular uses of the Coder's section, so it will get tons more threads than the others, and will still contain tons of content not everyone there will be interested in. And what are the rules? Way to go not answering any of my questions.

Back