Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is this ?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yo,

I have been trying to get a server up for 2 days now and so far I got the server files working but not the client files (at least that is what I think)

So heres my problem I tried with some clients (OG,TFN,KR) to connect to my server but the problem is patched KR client wont even start up.
OG client crashes after 2 minutes and the TFN Client gives this:

Darkco - What is this ? - RaGEZONE Forums

It just wont get pass in this.

So what did I wrong and what client + patch (links) did you use when it worked fine ?

Thanks

-Darkco

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you want an answer to that one you are going to have to post any interesting looking logs from /var/log/cabal on the linux machine as the logs will tell you what is wrong.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It might be the "channel bug", keep trying to login with that client ..hopefully t will eventually work.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Right I fixed this problem (I was using a loopback device what probably bugged it)

Now I got my second problem client just crash after a few minutes playing what solution do you guys use ? I have TFN client, OG client even the KR client but they all crash so what patch should I use to fix this ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right I fixed this problem (I was using a loopback device what probably bugged it)

Now I got my second problem client just crash after a few minutes playing what solution do you guys use ? I have TFN client, OG client even the KR client but they all crash so what patch should I use to fix this ?

try download US CLIENT + 6 PATCH LOGIN + 7 ENGLISH PATCH
For me it worked :kisss: all links can be found somwhere in this forum
if i remember than it was : http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=426544&page=14 and look for kapa22

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
try download US CLIENT + 6 PATCH LOGIN + 7 ENGLISH PATCH
For me it worked :kisss: all links can be found somwhere in this forum
if i remember than it was : http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=426544&page=14 and look for kapa22

ye well here I have the problem that it wont even start up...

I see the loading screen but after that it just shutdown no error no log so I have no idea whats going on... I also cant test it on a different computer cause I only got 1 but trust me im sure it can run the game + server at the same time. Cause I did it before with my OG/TFN client but that crash every 2 minutes.

So seriously are the clients so unstable that people cant even play like a normal game or am I doing something real wrong ?

-Darkco

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see the loading screen but after that it just shutdown no error no log so I have no idea whats going on...

You didn`t install east asian language support in your windows regional settings

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yo,

I have been trying to get a server up for 2 days now and so far I got the server files working but not the client files (at least that is what I think)

So heres my problem I tried with some clients (OG,TFN,KR) to connect to my server but the problem is patched KR client wont even start up.
OG client crashes after 2 minutes and the TFN Client gives this:

Darkco - What is this ? - RaGEZONE Forums

It just wont get pass in this.

So what did I wrong and what client + patch (links) did you use when it worked fine ?

Thanks

-Darkco

@ Darkco
I have the same problem in my server, can you help with how to fix this ?
thanks for the atention

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well V.lenon it seems the clients that are currently released are bugged as hell sometimes you get that error of the screenshot sometimes you get the error of the disconnect I mean its a totally mess you cant even release a stable working server/client for public.
So I guess we just have to wait till we get some better client & serverfiles....

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not the clients fault, we are messing with the client badly. What we do is take a client and stuff a load of files from another client to translate it (why use an english patch on a us client?). We then add a cabal.exe, cabalmain.exe and some other files from yet another client and expect this mishmash to be stable which is just too much to hope for in my opinion.

I know that at least something in there is screwed as doing this to the chinese client turns phantom workers into flame hounds and mummies into a lid boss (there are probably others too). I think there are some mismatched ids in there somewhere.

The 2 minutes crash i keep hearing about doesn't affect me with the chinese client (+ darkxl login patch + snaity english patch), but it sounds a lot like an anti-hack stepping in. I can't really investigate that one as it just doesn't happen for me.

At the moment we are stuck with that one login server patch even though we know it's an older exe. We don't know how to hex new versions to match the client we use and i can't figure it out as i need a plain 1262 cabalmain.exe (possibly some other files too) to compare the hexed one(s) with to find out what has been changed to allow us to use it for a private server. I can't find the bits i need myself and the requests i posted here have gone unanswered sadly.

The server itself is stable, it's the exact one used on the official Cabal china game. The issues are that we are only just learning how to configure the server and the fact that we are just bodging a client together from bits and pieces of other ones. Being able to hex our own exes is step 1 to solving that and i think being able to decrypt the enc files will help a lot too. Neither is possible at the moment so we are left with just bodging it.

Upvote 0
Back