Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why, AudioPost and SFX Libraries?! WHY?!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On AudioPost:

Where can I get that suspenseful action music heard at 16:51 of the Most Shocking episode Mindless Mayhem? The music track has to come from a similar major audio company like The Hollywood Edge or Sound Ideas. Most Shocking and World's Wildest Police Videos along with Disorderly Conduct Video On Patrol use soundtracks like this.

And on SFXLibraries:

The release dates on all the albums from are all wrong. Premiere Edition 1 was not released in 2014. It was published decades ago!

So if you can give me the name of all the albums Hollywood Edge created and their actual release dates, that would help alot. Because let's start here for example: some of the sound effects heard in Crisis Beat and Rayman for the PS1 are from The Cartoon Trax Volume 1 while some used in Jackie Chan Stuntmaster is used from the Premiere Edition 1. This, combined with the dates of the video games published will dramatically cut down the list of albums I don't need to check.

Also, Sound Ideas may have duplicated some of these sound effect files and increase their size or the space they take up. So I want to ensure that I obtain all the original sound effects from their original creator: The Hollywood Edge. -Before THE went bankrupt/got bought out.

You're not going to believe this: I was permanently banned from both these subreddits for "piracy efforts"! Where or how did I commit "piracy" in any of these reddit posts?! Only adding insult to injury; I got immediately muted from contacting both subreddit admins for 28 days!

WHAT IS AN ANIMATION VIDEO WITHOUT MUSIC OR SOUND EFFECTS?! AND I MEAN THE ONES WE HEAR IN EVERY TYPE OF MEDIA (TV, CARTOONS, VIDEO GAMES, AND MOVIES)?!

Reaction score
On AudioPost:

Where can I get that suspenseful action music heard at 16:51 of the Most Shocking episode Mindless Mayhem? The music track has to come from a similar major audio company like The Hollywood Edge or Sound Ideas. Most Shocking and World's Wildest Police Videos along with Disorderly Conduct Video On Patrol use soundtracks like this.

And on SFXLibraries:

The release dates on all the albums from are all wrong. Premiere Edition 1 was not released in 2014. It was published decades ago!

So if you can give me the name of all the albums Hollywood Edge created and their actual release dates, that would help alot. Because let's start here for example: some of the sound effects heard in Crisis Beat and Rayman for the PS1 are from The Cartoon Trax Volume 1 while some used in Jackie Chan Stuntmaster is used from the Premiere Edition 1. This, combined with the dates of the video games published will dramatically cut down the list of albums I don't need to check.

Also, Sound Ideas may have duplicated some of these sound effect files and increase their size or the space they take up. So I want to ensure that I obtain all the original sound effects from their original creator: The Hollywood Edge. -Before THE went bankrupt/got bought out.

You're not going to believe this: I was permanently banned from both these subreddits for "piracy efforts"! Where or how did I commit "piracy" in any of these reddit posts?! Only adding insult to injury; I got immediately muted from contacting both subreddit admins for 28 days!

WHAT IS AN ANIMATION VIDEO WITHOUT MUSIC OR SOUND EFFECTS?! AND I MEAN THE ONES WE HEAR IN EVERY TYPE OF MEDIA (TV, CARTOONS, VIDEO GAMES, AND MOVIES)?!

If you're going to try and rip sound bytes and clips from major production companies, you can certainly expect some "backlash".
These companies protect their Intellectual Property with aggressive measures and will pursue you into the ground if they believe you have acquired their IP illegitimately.

Reddit will often ban you for simply "mentioning" piracy. No need to actually commit such. They can be ruthless with that.

In summary, your post is a bit incoherent. Feel free to clarify.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, here's a clearer version (I was in a fit of rage when I first made that post):

"Okay, you're not going to believe this: I was permanently banned from both these subreddits for "piracy efforts"! Where or how did I commit "piracy" in any of these reddit posts?! Only adding insult to injury; I got immediately muted from contacting both subreddit admins for 28 days!

Like... WHAT IS A FAN ANIMATION VIDEO WITHOUT MUSIC OR SOUND EFFECTS?! AND I MEAN THE ONES WE HEAR IN EVERY TYPE OF MEDIA (TV, CARTOONS, VIDEO GAMES, AND MOVIES)?! WE HEAR THESE SOUND EFFECTS AND MUSIC TRACKS LITERALLY EVERYWHERE! THEREFORE, NO ONE SHOULD BOTHER TO CARE WHO IS USING THEM, SHOULD THEY?!

This has been up for over 15 years and it uses Hollywood Edge sounds. Yet it never got into trouble and it's a "crappy" video.

On AudioPost:

And on SFXLibraries:

While you're at it, help with this too please: the release dates on all the albums from are all wrong. Premiere Edition 1 was not released in 2014. It was published decades ago!

So if you can give me the name of all the albums Hollywood Edge created (including private albums (albums or sound effects not available for just anybody to purchase (E.G, some sound effects heard in the Michael Bay Transformers movies))) and their actual release dates, that would help a lot. Because let's start here for example: some of the sound effects heard in Crisis Beat and Rayman for the PS1 are from The Cartoon Trax 1 while some used in Jackie Chan Stuntmaster is used from the Premiere Edition 1. This, combined with the dates of the video games published will dramatically cut down the list of albums I don't need to check for specific sound effects.

Also, Sound Ideas may have duplicated some of these sound effect files and increase their size or the space they take up on your pc. So I want to ensure that I obtain all the original sound effects from their original creator: The Hollywood Edge. -Before THE went bankrupt/got bought out.

I'm 95% positive that not only video games, but TV shows like Futurama utilized some sort of fancy sound effects used from THE."

Is there anything wrong with asking for help to acquire a specific sound effect or sound effects for your animation video?!

WHERE
CAN
I
ASK
FOR
THIS
KIND
OF
HELP?!

Obviously, when there's a question, it needs answers!

We have been using MapleStory sprites since BannedStory and MapleSim was first created and Alvin Earthworm has been using Mario and Sonic sprites for his Super Mario Bros Z since sites like The Sounds/Sprites/Models Resource were first created.

Did they totally forget The Sounds/Sprites/Models Resource exist for this very reason? To utilize assets from video games and possibly from their original creators - Sound Ideas included? So I have high doubts that Sound Ideas would waste their resources to track down one person in this whole planet.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Rayman for PS1, Toys VS Nightmares for PC flash, Jackie Chan Stuntmaster, and Crisis Beat all utilize some sound effect files from The Cartoon Trax 1. And right now, I'm trying to locate the source of Crisis Beat's "anime-style" sound effects (the kind we heard in Alvin Earthworm's Super Mario Bros Z).

Here's the thing: although I am positive I can find the original unedited sound effects via The Hollywood Edge's albums, it would make it easier if I can listen to each individual sound file in the game. But all the sound files are playing simultaneously when I watch a YouTube video, so trying to listen to a single sound and identify it's origins is nearly impossible.

And also, I can better expand my vocabulary knowledge in terms of sound effects. My English is not that good, so E.G, in the Powerpuff Girls flash game Zom-B-Gone, two sounds I originally named "Cartoon go-in" 1 and 2, is when an object gets stuffed into some sort of cavity. But now that I found their original raw files and file names: Sound Ideas Thump Cartoon Heavy Thump (also heard in Bill Nye: Atoms) and Sound Ideas Thump Cartoon Tube Thunk 01, I can better visualize how these sound effects were first named when they were first created. Then, how they are utilized or cued. These two sound effects are named this way so that events like a cartoon bunny jumping into a hole makes more sense in a cartoon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just buy a soundbank collection from somewhere mate. Sound effects are a dime a dozen.
If you want very specific trademarked sound clips, you're out of luck.

As mentioned before, the companies that own these sound clips protect them aggressively.

Your choice.

My eyes hurt now from reading all that... šŸ¤•

Back