Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World's largest digital photography

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/592104/0/fotografia/digital/dimensiones/ said:
They manage the world's largest digital photography

*It consists of over 1,600 small photographs.
*The total weight of the image pixel is 26,031,250,000.
*In paper would have a size of 105 meters by 35.

It is the largest photograph created so far. An overview of the German city of Dresden. Paper size would be 105 meters wide by 35 high, and in digital format is 26 gigapixels (26,031,250,000 pixels).

Photography is the result of the 1655 union of 21.4 megapixel photos each, and taken during the period of 3 hours. The composition of it was conducted by Holger Schulze, the German agency AFB, reporting from the web of baquia.com.

To get together all the partial images was necessary to convert a total of 102 GB of data by a computer with a 48 GB RAM, a process that lasted more than 3 days.

The end result can be seen here. The level of depth that reaches the zoom is such that it allows to clearly distinguish details such as windows, sheets and people.

See the Worlds largest Photography here:

Source:

In the site you can see all the little pics that make up the photography ;D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The pixeL are cool , i like it :laugh:

♠NicK♠

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wanna see the camera. xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i believe with a quick google search this is it :p

and with the lens:

Woah the lens is freaking big :):

♠NicK♠

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That lens is huge. No wonder it can make the world's largest digital photograph!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i believe with a quick google search this is it :p

and with the lens:

The core 5D Mark II can only give out a 21.1 mega pixel image. I have one myself so I know. The lens you show is a telephoto lens and obviously a telephoto lens was used for the picture. What I want know is - what kind of rendering was done later. 26.6 gigapixels is no joke! :|

Back