Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos wowemu

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Yeah... Blizzard didn't stop him from paying his bills. Blizzard most likely threatened his host with legal action (Being they are just as liable) so they canceled his service to protect their asses.

He could have started up WoWemu again whenever and wherever he wanted but he didn't. My guess is because he realized just how inferior WoWemu was to all the new cores that were being released at the time. Such as Antrix, Ludmilla, WAD and let's not forget, Mangos.

WoWemu is no more mobile than Mangos, Trinity, ArcEmu, etc, and yes, SQL is mobile. You can install MySQL on a friggan thumbdrive provided you know what you're doing.

I don't know why you insist on arguing with everyone. You have no idea what you are talking about. You're just being extremely rude now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
from what i could tell, wowemu was the only core around when blackstorm shut down. blackstorm was only a database project though.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
What you could tell was wrong. Ludmilla (A Russian core) was well on it's way while WoWemu was still being developed, Mangos and Antrix were just starting, WAD was around for awhile and there were probably plenty of private cores.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I doubt you knew where to look. Stop arguing, you don't know what you're talking about.

Just to name a few bugs in Wowemu that were never fixed:

First and foremost:

- TONS OF SPELLS BROKEN BECAUSE OF INABILITY TO FIX DUE TO CORE LIMITATIONS.
- No environmental damage (Fall, lava, fire, water, etc.)
- Raid groups don't work.
- Dueling not available.
- No weather.
- No support for multiple realms.
- Can't be used in Linux.
- Saving takes forever.
- Only supports up to 120 players connected at once.
- Highly unstable spawn points (Mobs in air, underground, etc.)

Note the first problem. The core is poop. To fix that problem you would most likely have to rework the core to the point where it is nothing like Wowemu anymore and God knows, part of the problem could be caused by your precious textfile non-SQL database.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i didnt mean to offend you in any way.
i used a search engine to search. there wasnt a lot of private servers back then as far as i could tell.(i only found blackstorm.) most of the spells seemed to work when i used it. though skinning could be used on all enemies.(other spells was also limitless in that way.)

Back