Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Xbox Fans React To The PS4 Unveil

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I myself am an Xbox fan; and most Xbox fans are probably thinking something along the same lines.

Mainly being "Wait for the Xbox, if specs and price range on PS4 are better, I'll get it".
I was personally going to reserve one on Saturday, but I'm pretty downright bummed about the non backward compatibility.

Razer - Xbox Fans React To The PS4 Unveil - RaGEZONE Forums

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
I'm also disappointed about having no backwards compatibility with PS3. This has really let me down... but in the end I'm still gonna end up buying one, as soon as the prices start to drop, in a year or so lol. I'm a patient guy.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I'm definitely not. :p:
The release date as you may know isn't exactly defined, but was stated as "Holiday 2013". So if you get money from family etc at around Christmas time, you could get one sooner.

Personally I might just wait to see what Microsoft have in stock. If nothing seems to please me I'll stick to PC gaming. :p:

Reaction score
Eventually these games will arrive to PC. However I'm guessing your going to need one hell of a computer to run that next generation stuff

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
I've always been with Sony ever since I was a little kid, I've owned PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 - all fat and slim editions lol. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4, once my favourite game titles are released for it (GTA, COD, NFS, etc.)

I heard the PS4 was described as being like a "supercharged PC"... so I'm guessing something like an i7/quad-core/six-core processor with high end graphics and more than 8GB RAM would be able to run new generation games.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I've always been with Sony ever since I was a little kid, I've owned PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 - all fat and slim editions lol. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4, once my favourite game titles are released for it (GTA, COD, NFS, etc.)

I heard the PS4 was described as being like a "supercharged PC"... so I'm guessing something like an i7/quad-core/six-core processor with high end graphics and more than 8GB RAM would be able to run new generation games.

Yeah, the hardware being high end is confirmed, and the specifications listed there are indeed correct; as shown at the PS4 unveil.
I WAS going to get one, I was ready to pre-order tomorrow as I said in another thread.

But again like I said, non backward compatible really put me off.
I too had the PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 for a short while. The PS4 just doesn't look amazing from my perspective. Another thing to mention is that Microsoft/Xbox are unveiling "something" in April.

Reaction score
I expected the no backwards thing, that would drive people from buynig the ps3, which they still haven't really pulled high profits from yet. It took them almost a decade to break even on the damn thing. The PS4 will be no different probably. That's one thing I like about Sony, they think more about giving customers what they want/deserve over just making a quick buck.

Eventually M$ is going to get smart(maybe) and start to follow suit, because Sony already surpassed them with the ps3. Only thing that lacked was good software features like social play. Had they got that write M$ would have been in a serious hurting, and from what I heard at the Live Meeting they've touched on the things that lacked on the ps3.

M$ has no choice but to shape up, people will only stay ignorant for so long. They can't afford(well they can seeing how much they money grub) to keep throwing out sub-par consoles and thinking it's ok.

Technologically wise Sony is YEARS ahead of M$, and only reason being, MS cares way too much about returning a profit, and less about actually pleasing their customers.

I'll be getting the PS4 for SURE, but I'll probably end up getting an xbox at some point, but I won't be wasting any money on live. I'll just buy another xkey type device when it gets hacked(and it will), and play offline games.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I expected the no backwards thing, that would drive people from buynig the ps3, which they still haven't really pulled high profits from yet. It took them almost a decade to break even on the damn thing. The PS4 will be no different probably. That's one thing I like about Sony, they think more about giving customers what they want/deserve over just making a quick buck.

Eventually M$ is going to get smart(maybe) and start to follow suit, because Sony already surpassed them with the ps3. Only thing that lacked was good software features like social play. Had they got that write M$ would have been in a serious hurting, and from what I heard at the Live Meeting they've touched on the things that lacked on the ps3.

M$ has no choice but to shape up, people will only stay ignorant for so long. They can't afford(well they can seeing how much they money grub) to keep throwing out sub-par consoles and thinking it's ok.

Technologically wise Sony is YEARS ahead of M$, and only reason being, MS cares way too much about returning a profit, and less about actually pleasing their customers.

I'll be getting the PS4 for SURE, but I'll probably end up getting an xbox at some point, but I won't be wasting any money on live. I'll just buy another xkey type device when it gets hacked(and it will), and play offline games.

I do agree with the majority of that. Sony show great examples of giving people what they want/deserve, the main probably being that online (PSN/PlayStation Network) is free, unlike the Xbox Live system.

For me, Xbox consoles are more comforting to adapt to. (Well, I've been using Xbox consoles for around 6 years) I know controllers aren't a huge effect to the console or it's name, but I'm going to say this anyway. Xbox controllers are easier to use imo, and can be adapted to rather quickly. I believe that there are some modded controllers for the PS3 to give it more "Xbox feel"? The "I know controllers aren't a huge effect to the console or it's name" line is actually quite the opposite in the PS4. Partially being because it's the only thing Sony actually displayed at their unveil, in addition to the effort they put into it. (DualShock 4, light bar, touch input etc).

But like I said, overall I can get adapted to an Xbox a lot easier than a PS console.

Back