Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What new MuOnline tools would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe some of which can easy add new items , monsters, npc's and maps to the server and client files :D...
I know... I dream... :D :p:

Reaction score
Make a simple bmd editor . . All editors are different and many just f'd up. .

Other idea is to make GM/ADMIN tool which can ban exactly as the admin or gm want . . Like ban ip , ban character, how long to be banned , when to be unbanned etc. .

Oh yeah mobile version for Mu would be awesome but will take also long to build it and may be difficult.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Make a simple bmd editor . . All editors are different and many just f'd up. .

Other idea is to make GM/ADMIN tool which can ban exactly as the admin or gm want . . Like ban ip , ban character, how long to be banned , when to be unbanned etc. .

Oh yeah mobile version for Mu would be awesome but will take also long to build it and may be difficult.

Been working on it for a while, currently having trouble with the debug feature for monsters, kinda a pain in the butt.

And yes, i will add that, going to release it, soon as a feature has been done, then keep releasing updates with new features and bug fixes.

Should work out great

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
bmd / kor convertors? bmd/kor to mumaker convertors...stuff like that that will come in handy to all :)
i'm sure a lot of server owners will gladly pay a bit to ease their workload

and thumbsup for the mumaker suggestions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i need an Mu Shop Editor for Windows 7 x64 (Framework 4.0) , since i cant install framework 2.0 on W7 :D , im almost sure that im not the only person with this problem ...

Reaction score
Android is for the free and creative ;) unlike iPhone, plus I don't own a iPhone so I couldn't do any testing!

Going to hopefully have a basic release by next weekend, see how it goes :L

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan
Maybe you can create it in actionscript 3 (adobe air), that way you can release it for android, iphone, ipad and some other devices by coding it all 1 time.

Just a suggestion :p I usually use AIR to create mobile apps, because of the portability of the code.

edit: you probably already started in something else, but it was just an idea :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maybe To be able to add some new items by mueditor in server files?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
MuEditor has been done, currently testing once I setup a test server;

Currently parts of it that are working but require bugtesting;
Character Editor (both stats and equipment, uptodate with s6 e2)
Vault Editor ( Including multi-vaults)
Shop Editor
Item Editor (You can change all options apart from the ones coded in gs)
Monster Editor (You can change Hp, level, drops etc)
(All above, with opengl animations on items)
Map Editor ( Basic, Shadows, Map Height, And Zones)
Main Editor (IP etc)

Current parts i'm working on;
Server Side
Live View (shows all maps, with player locations in realtime, fully clickable to see characters equipement and recent activities)
Interface (still very basic, needs touching up hence why there is no preview yet)
Remote connect for Character Editor (working, but requires enc, thinking 1028bit rotating enc)
Program troubleshooter
GS Injector (injection tool for custom dll's with basic examples)
BugTester (monsters, items, etc. Basicly looks for common errors)
GS Extras, (Custom DLL's for stuff like GS Caching Of Logfiles to speed things up)
MonsterSetBase Extra Types, (Custom Monsterset types, e.g. One Monsterset per map, increases max monsters to 65,535 Per Map and A.I like CS for monsters, This is current working, but is buggy)
Windows Server 2003 batch tweaks (tweaks for speed and to prevent being hacked)
GM Watcher (logs items brought and given away, and where they end up)
AutoSubServer (tool to make a subserver when online count is = 90% of max users)
GS Stripper, (tool to convert gs/ds/etc into asm, and strip of custom addons)

Client Side
Model Injector (So you can load custom models, e.g. SMD's MD2's currently, 5027lines of code.. working on animations )
Texture Injector (Custom map textures, increase in basic map layers, to 6 instead of 3, meaning better looking maps)
Fog/Weather Injection (Added 3 more layers to Fog/Weather, this means things can only look better)
Anti-Hacks
//+ Removing /Local from client, switching it to server side so it can't be edited
// Also works with other files, like custom maps etc
//+ Extra Main Scanning for hacks such as speedhack.
//+ Search Process for cheats such as Cheatengine.
Cache Injecter ( DLL, that caches objects from a compressed file, to decrease ram usage [Currently takes down ram usage by 69% by offloading some data onto gcard memory, currently bugy due to offsets on gram)

Program;
Ram and CPU Usage, Currently requires 198mb ram, 12% cpu;
Test on I7 Extreme, 16GB ram, SSD.

Also;

Some of the tools will only be sold; as currently I've spent 200+ hours on this programming and designing.

Anything else you think i should add just shout;

Project Percent = 50%

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very nice, keep up the good job

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Don't you think its a bit too high for an editor?

Its because of the opengl, and because i haven't refined the code yet, so the main array is loading everything at once. Once I've bug tested, i will fix that, should be less then ten mbs ram by the time Im done and if you mean features, then its about time we had an all in one tool

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Request to lock thread,

As tools will be released as a packaged server type!

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Request to lock thread,

As tools will be released as a packaged server type!

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Your work is always a surprise, cheer, I would like to have a tool that can edit the main.exe, features such as: 1. Edit font display can support other game show national language fonts, 2. Edit IP, version code, and so on. Regards · · · ·:thumbup:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it means it will be released with server files and a client :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back