Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server [Old]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am having trouble with PgAdmin also :/ I had it running about 6 months ago
but had to install a new HD. I have the ports open and use the same p/w and user as in the install. i also remeber there is a certain way to start the server but dont remember it. My questions are :
1;The service is pgsql-8.2 ? correct ?
2; Do you use start service or connect to start the server ?
3; When you add the conquer server to the pgadmin server do you add it to the postgres data server or do you put it under the main server ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yo i need a little help i set it all up but when i go to login it sais

"connecting failed de to server maintnence or internet congestion.Please relog in later"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yo i need a little help i set it all up but when i go to login it sais

"connecting failed de to server maintnence or internet congestion.Please relog in later"

Check that you have all the IPs set up, but I had this problem, and IPs were correct.....left it awhile shut it down restarted my comp......BOOM......it worked xS lol....Just a thought :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ty ill try it still no ill just delete my server and try again

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server

Woohoo! After a reboot and goin to sleep, I woke up and tried puttin a set of info i didn't try last night, and booya! it worked ^_^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hi,

I have a problem. When i was making the database for conquer, there wasnt a + next to tables... Can someone help me with that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nvm the question that used to be here, i figured out how to port forward, now I'm just having problems logging in, as you stated "DO NOT put a password here, a password will be made when you login" or somethin like that, now tell me, how am i supposed to login without a password? >.>

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hi,

I have a problem. When i was making the database for conquer, there wasnt a + next to tables... Can someone help me with that?

Maybe you forgot to restore the database, or you did not do it properly, try it again.

I'm gonna sound like a complete moron asking this but, what exactly do you mean by "port forwarding" >.>

This is for if you have a router......if you do then it has something to do with putting you IP in internet explorer and then forwarding persisfic ports.....I have never tried it because my Ethernet network will not allow it. =) Best way for finding out about is looking around this forum, if I remember correct, there is a good load of instructions under Mu Online sections......hope that that helps in some way =)

Reaction score

Woohoo! After a reboot and goin to sleep, I woke up and tried puttin a set of info i didn't try last night, and booya! it worked ^_^
That happened to me A LOT on making MU servers heh. I was always too tired to notice a simple mistake and I always got it working the next day.

Nvm the question that used to be here, i figured out how to port forward, now I'm just having problems logging in, as you stated "DO NOT put a password here, a password will be made when you login" or somethin like that, now tell me, how am i supposed to login without a password? >.>
When you're logging in with the client, just put whatever password you want. It's kind of like an auto register. It stores the password for the account when you use it to login. You just need to put the account name into the table so it knows where to store it.

Hi,

You might be clicking Backup instead of Restore. Someone else was doing that, so make sure you hit Restore instead of Backup. Or right click the database and click refresh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

o.o I must be havin a different problem in, cuz I go to the table, put in the username I want to use, then try to go into game, type me in a password, and get that gay can't connect to server thingy

Reaction score

o.o I must be havin a different problem in, cuz I go to the table, put in the username I want to use, then try to go into game, type me in a password, and get that gay can't connect to server thingy

If its not "Cannot connect to gameserver", then it should be a a bad IP somewhere.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, wtih all of the ip choices, I wasn't sure which one to use.

Erm, i tried loggin in again, and i got the "Connecting failed due to server maintenance or internet congestion. Please re-login later.

Reaction score

Well, wtih all of the ip choices, I wasn't sure which one to use.

Erm, i tried loggin in again, and i got the "Connecting failed due to server maintenance or internet congestion. Please re-login later.

Sorry for the late reply..

Its saying connecting failed because it can't find a server with the IP you're using. Theres a wrong IP somewhere. If you're using a router, just put your global IP everywhere, forward the ports and it will work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okies, I lied earlier, I only learned how to access the site where I need to forward the ports, just not sure on what to put in the blanks, cuz I dun wanna mess up the router :\

Reaction score

Okies, I lied earlier, I only learned how to access the site where I need to forward the ports, just not sure on what to put in the blanks, cuz I dun wanna mess up the router :\

Go to start > run > type in cmd

type in ipconfig and hit enter.

take note of the IP address of your computer, 192.168.1.ccc

Forward the ports to the IP of your computer, 192.168.1.xxx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, I just forwarded the ports, I believe. Saving the settings = forwarding, correct? Then I went back to the config ini, changed the IP there to my IP, went to server dat, did the same thing, still can't seem to get it to connect. Sorry if all my problems are annoying you, but this is something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

Reaction score

Well, I just forwarded the ports, I believe. Saving the settings = forwarding, correct? Then I went back to the config ini, changed the IP there to my IP, went to server dat, did the same thing, still can't seem to get it to connect. Sorry if all my problems are annoying you, but this is something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

Keep the server files with your .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Meaning keep the config.ini as my global ip?

Also, it should look something like this...correct

Ron - [Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server [Old] - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I still must be doin somethin wrong....on the port forwarding part, should the two numbers be the same....like on the first line 5432 to 5432?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back