Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server [Old]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i've got another problem now. When i start up the conquer client and i put a username and a password in it, the program does nothing anymore...? pls help

2 problems now... I know what i've done wrong. I did everything on the PostgreSQL Server, but i have to do it on the conquer server. But when i want to connect the server, it won't connect and i have a internet connection... That's the problem becouse i can't create a database under the conquer server if it won't connect... pls help

Sorry for the 2 earlier messages. Ignore them. I still don't have a + next to tables. Do i have to create a table with the name server? If i have to do that, how can i put a primary key into the table? becouse i can't do anything with it without that key.

:alienmental:

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server

Hello, sorry but I too have a problem. When trying to connect to me(the server) I get the famous "Connection failed due to server maintenance or internet congestion. Please re-login later."

I have forwarded all ports to the specified numbers, i've used my global ip for server.dat and config.ini and the one ipconfig gave me for the server on pgadmin. I wrote down all the passwords and servernames I put into the installation or all the components. I've created an account *without the password*. And I have followed the guide to the best of my abilities.

I may have put a username in the wrong place but I can't quite figure it out. Should I delete everything and restart? In which case should I reinstall pgadmin and PostgreSQL as well? Or are there any other possibilities?

I've deleted and reinstalled everything, but that has unfortunately has not remedied the problem. Situation is as before except for the fact that its been reinstalled once.

When i close pgAdmin and open it again it says that the server is offline, and I have to reconnect again. When i refresh the server database main, the conquer database under it shows a red x(implying that it is not working?)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I just hope someone will compile those server file into .exe & will be work. Waiting now.. Thanks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

hey Ron

when i click CO Full server in the server files to start the server, i get this error

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate this application"

any idea?

Reaction score

i've got another problem now. When i start up the conquer client and i put a username and a password in it, the program does nothing anymore...? pls help

2 problems now... I know what i've done wrong. I did everything on the PostgreSQL Server, but i have to do it on the conquer server. But when i want to connect the server, it won't connect and i have a internet connection... That's the problem becouse i can't create a database under the conquer server if it won't connect... pls help

Sorry for the 2 earlier messages. Ignore them. I still don't have a + next to tables. Do i have to create a table with the name server? If i have to do that, how can i put a primary key into the table? becouse i can't do anything with it without that key.

:alienmental:

Make sure you're clicking Restore instead of Backup.

Hello, sorry but I too have a problem. When trying to connect to me(the server) I get the famous "Connection failed due to server maintenance or internet congestion. Please re-login later."

I have forwarded all ports to the specified numbers, i've used my global ip for server.dat and config.ini and the one ipconfig gave me for the server on pgadmin. I wrote down all the passwords and servernames I put into the installation or all the components. I've created an account *without the password*. And I have followed the guide to the best of my abilities.

I may have put a username in the wrong place but I can't quite figure it out. Should I delete everything and restart? In which case should I reinstall pgadmin and PostgreSQL as well? Or are there any other possibilities?

I've deleted and reinstalled everything, but that has unfortunately has not remedied the problem. Situation is as before except for the fact that its been reinstalled once.

When i close pgAdmin and open it again it says that the server is offline, and I have to reconnect again. When i refresh the server database main, the conquer database under it shows a red x(implying that it is not working?)
Make sure you use your global IP in all of the files and forward the ports correctly.

hey Ron

when i click CO Full server in the server files to start the server, i get this error

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate this application"

any idea?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've forwarded all ports to the best of my knowledge. And set the all the specified ip's to my global. Unfortunetly it still will not allow me to play. Giving me the same warning.

Is there a specific way the client, COFullDB, and server are supposed to be arranged in (C:)(the hard drive) ?

Last edited:
Reaction score

I've forwarded all ports to the best of my knowledge. And set the all the specified ip's to my global. Unfortunetly it still will not allow me to play. Giving me the same warning.

Is there a specific way the client, COFullDB, and server are supposed to be arranged in (C:)(the hard drive) ?

The only thing that has to be in the C:\ directory is the COFullDB folder. If you can't connect to the server because its under maintenance, then it's an IP problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've set all the ips that were specified in the guide to my global ip. Are there any other spots I may be missing? Its in 'servers' in 'tables' next to the server name, Config.ini, and server.dat (im checking this as I go too).

Reaction score

I've set all the ips that were specified in the guide to my global ip. Are there any other spots I may be missing? Its in 'servers' in 'tables' next to the server name, Config.ini, and server.dat (im checking this as I go too).

Those are right. Hm.. Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly and your firewall is off.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ports are forwarded (all three #'s are each in their separate column and I labeled them Qserv), and the router is practically new too.

What about the database disconnecting when I refresh the server in pgAdmin? Is the server supposed to disconnect when I close pgAdmin? In task manager I see postgres.exe running but when I open pgAdmin III it says I'm disconnected.

Reaction score

Ports are forwarded (all three #'s are each in their separate column and I labeled them Qserv), and the router is practically new too.

What about the database disconnecting when I refresh the server in pgAdmin? Is the server supposed to disconnect when I close pgAdmin? In task manager I see postgres.exe running but when I open pgAdmin III it says I'm disconnected.

Yeah PgAdmin is supposed to disconnect from the database when you close it. If you're getting "Cannot connect to server to do server maintenance or internet congestion, please try again later", then I assure you either a port is being blocked by a firewall, the ports aren't forwarded correctly, or you have a wrong IP somewhere.

Stupid question, but are you running the server before you connect? Someone earlier had that problem.. Make sure you run CO Full Server.exe and click the Listen button when it pops up.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

can u give me other link to download the server file and the backup file because i cant download it from rapidshare
and must wait until ur other file download done
thank`s

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hi ron

i want help please add me please:dupontgeorge@hotmail.com

if my server work i give you money not enough but money

i'm french but i speak english ^^

thanks.
mica

Reaction score

can u give me other link to download the server file and the backup file because i cant download it from rapidshare
and must wait until ur other file download done
thank`s

I'll attach it to the first post when I get home.
hi ron

i want help please add me please:dupontgeorge@hotmail.com

if my server work i give you money not enough but money

i'm french but i speak english ^^

thanks.
mica
I don't help offer help over msn unless I'm in a good mood, and right now I'm really not. I've had a hard weekend. I'm not going to help you for money either. Just post your problem and I'll get to it when I can.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice guide, i need help, i can't connect to server, it says "Conection failed due to server maintence or internet congestion. please re-login later

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hi ron

I finish all,but...i conect in game , says "Conection account...please wait..." but...not conect
see
Ron - [Guide] Setting up a Conquer Online Server [Old] - RaGEZONE Forums

ty

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i am having one problem...at the step:
Run PGAdmin and create a server named Conquer. Use the username and password you used when installing PostgreSQL 8.2.

i dont know what to put in the adress box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back