Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Xnova 8.0 - Video Guide: How to install your own O-game Server on WebH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Note: This video is outdated! But the installation of newer version of ogame should be the same. You can still download Xnova files from !

Hi ogamers!
Since there was almost no movement in this section (and i got quite bored) I decided to make a guide/release for xnova 8.0 (I know there recently came a new version, but that one is beta and could be very unstable).

Well here you got the stuff you will have to download to get it working LOCAL!
Getting it working local means you only can use it at your own computer (or you're working on a server).
The Xnova server files 8.0SP
This version is old and outdated check the link above. Instalation stays 100% the same!
And the English language files (put them in your "language" folder)

Here is the release site if you want to use the newer version (NOT REQUIRED!)

MySql for your database (press "pick a mirror"=> then under login there is a link for direct download=>Click the HTTP and just download)

Wamp (wait 3 seconds and download will begin)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_d5-Ot_iM"]YouTube - How to make an ogame server (public)[/ame]
If you do need to have an tut for getting it working on your own computer, just try this awesome guide http://forum.ragezone.com/f421/inst...r-pc-or-on-a-webhost-costumize-domain-588661/
I'll give you guys a vid of that if you like, just ask by pm or reply

Download Video Guide: (Link Offered by TrinityDev)​

If you like my post press the little thank you button and im happy xD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE/RELEASE]Xnova 8.0

Hi ogamers!
Since there was almost no movement in this section (and i got quite bored) I decided to make a guide/release for xnova 8.0 (I know there recently came a new version, but that one is beta and could be very unstable).

Well here you got the stuff you will have to download to get it working LOCAL!
Getting it working local means you only can use it at your own computer (or you're working on a server).
The Xnova server files 8.0SP

Here is the release site if you want to use the newer version (NOT REQUIRED!)

MySql for your database (press "pick a mirror"=> then under login there is a link for direct download=>Click the HTTP and just download)

Wamp (wait 3 seconds and download will begin)

Now you have downloaded everything just follow the video (IF YOU WATCH IT MEANS THAT IM MAKING THE VID!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thank you, installing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Wow. Very nice.

Thanks for the share :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Update the video is almost rdy, it will be a crapy one, but you should get it ;D

Reaction score

There are better hosts and you could have used filezilla(not everyone has firefox or knows how to properly install an addon) but greate movies , it showed up even better than I expected when you camed with the ideea 1 week ago ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE/RELEASE]Xnova 8.0 - Video Guide: How to install your own O-game Server on

Thank you you really helped me :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE/RELEASE]Xnova 8.0 - Video Guide: How to install your own O-game Server on

help how do i get it in english ????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

how i change the Welcome toTHIS ---> XNova <---THIs and the 2 question how i change the rates

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok, firstly... I'm assuming the whole

THIS ---> XNova <---THIs

thing, is regarding the message in the index page? (Try explaining yourself a little better maybe?)

There are a few ways. you can either:
1. manually edit the code in the styles/templates/....tpl files...
or
2. you can change it from the database and edit the database config files.

It depends on whether you want it to be a permanent change, or just a change for the specific instance you're using right now (option 1 for immediate effect, but will lose the change if you re-install, or option 2 if you have a clue what you're doing)

Just as a side note... why would you want to change the name of the release when it isn't your work? (Just wondering :thumbdown: .)

And for the answer to your second question - you can change the rates by either entering the administration module (depending on what release you are using) and using the easily-viewable option, or you could delve into the games configuration and change it through the database.

Please, next time... before you post, do a little research. And if and when you have researched, and did not find what you were looking for, please then try to be a little more descriptive in your querying :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok, firstly... I'm assuming the whole

THIS ---> XNova <---THIs

thing, is regarding the message in the index page? (Try explaining yourself a little better maybe?)

There are a few ways. you can either:
1. manually edit the code in the styles/templates/....tpl files...
or
2. you can change it from the database and edit the database config files.

It depends on whether you want it to be a permanent change, or just a change for the specific instance you're using right now (option 1 for immediate effect, but will lose the change if you re-install, or option 2 if you have a clue what you're doing)

Just as a side note... why would you want to change the name of the release when it isn't your work? (Just wondering :thumbdown: .)

And for the answer to your second question - you can change the rates by either entering the administration module (depending on what release you are using) and using the easily-viewable option, or you could delve into the games configuration and change it through the database.

Please, next time... before you post, do a little research. And if and when you have researched, and did not find what you were looking for, please then try to be a little more descriptive in your querying :)

in case you still cant find it:

ok in Xnova 8.0 Sp1: you need to go to your administrator panel>Configuration>Planet settings(there is a row)>change the rates :p

oh and cars1453
(ive translated it to fully english>http://forum.ragezone.com/f421/xnova-8-0-sp1-full-english-translation-repack-614415/

next time please use the search bar.

hope i helpd.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

because welcome to xenova my server dont have the name xenova so? and thx guys^^

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

o_O mySQL din use ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

o_O mySQL din use ?
Delete your old database, then make a new one and retry ;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Very nice thanx...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

link server files dead

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

when I change values in databse through phpmyadmin, they dont show ont he acutal server :(, so I go to the webhost, mysql and edit it striaght through default phpmyadmin... it saves, its not liek it doesnt, however, when I check in game the values are still teh same ( trying to change max metal storage etc..)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

plz help me i have this error
aropop - [RELEASE] Xnova 8.0 - Video Guide: How to install your own O-game Server on WebH - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i have two files that say "could not start transfer."

i have tried what i can think of...re-uploading. lol.

what could i do to get them on there. cuz i know some files will cause the entire site not to work... >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back