Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

XNova Redesigned beta12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I said I would try and release it before the New Year and I have, with 30 minutes to spare :).
Beta12 has taken quite a while but I hope that it will be worth it. I have now coded fleets. There is still room for improvement. ACS is not there yet and there is very little testing that has been done on the fleets.
There are several bugs fixed, including the annoying on in messages which stopped you from deleting messages. (Which turned out to be a '=' in an if statement not an '==').

I have also separated skin development from the releases. As they are pretty much separate it is a pain to upload the entire skin for a simple update and to have to upload the entire game when I update the skin. I will upload Beta12 and the skin now. You can download the following below.

Beta12:
Skin:

Here is the changelog for beta12:
  • Fixed bug in Resources bar where < was comparing values alphabetically, not numebrically so \'11\' < \'9\'.
  • ^ Fixed same bug in fleet dispatch.
  • Officer images bug sorted.
  • Fleet Return and Deployment is sorted.
  • Fleet Transport is sorted.
  • Fixed the tickbox javascript on messages page.
  • Espionage missions started, counter espionage attacks not done yet.
  • Colinization missions checked
  • works since beta 5b.
  • Update to the fleet ajax.
  • Harvest mission sorted.
  • Updated useage of depecared ereg_replace() to preg_replace().
  • AJAX only updates fleets when something has changed. Less server load and better results.
  • Attack mission sorted.
  • Fleet recall sorted.
  • Clicking on the fleet mouseover on any page takes you to fleet movement.
  • Fixed bug in fleet dispatch where all un-available missions showed as expeiditions.
  • Started on achievements system.
  • Fixed bug in cleanstring() function.
  • Fixed bug in Combat Report generation.
  • Fixed moon image in Empire view.
  • Expedition missions now code. More scenarios needed though.
  • Messages alery moved to ajax, so new messages cleared once you have viewed them and updates when you get a message, not at login.
  • Fixed bug in Fleet Info where co-ordinate locations were displayed wrong.
  • Fleet Info now shows *:*:(MAX_PLANET_IN_SYSTEM + 1) as Outer Space.
  • "Delete Messages" now works.
  • "Delete Messages" now use ajax.
  • Max user name length increased to 100 characters, and a limit also put on reg to stop any longer names.
  • Countdowns now work for servers with -ve time offsets.
  • Destroy missions sorted.
  • Fixed a few bugs in the Admin menu.

Please post any comments or bugs that you find. Moving into January I will be very busy so this will be the last release for a while, until around February. Enjoy

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Great job! i love you guys work!
keep it up
Greetz Aropop

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trying it now I hope its better than XNova 'coz that one doesn't let my players build ship :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trying it now I hope its better than XNova 'coz that one doesn't let my players build ship :(

this version is an unfinished beta so there will be quite a few bugs and several bits not programmed yet, so dont set your expectations too high

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
managed to have a look (finally!) at the phalanx yesterday, think i know what is wrong... hopefully have it ready and intrgrated before the next release :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey red,
First thing you guys rock !!
Second thing, I get a error
Code:
game/admin/overview.php: Line 23
file() [function.file]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration
file(http://xnovauk.com/info.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's an Server error not a script bug! Just change ur server (if it's free one)

p.s. Thank you very much for this script :*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please post any comments or bugs that you find. Moving into January I will be very busy so this will be the last release for a while, until around February. Enjoy

Are you still thinking about releasing a new XNova Redesigned without errors in the Admin menu?
One more thing, why it doesn't show the time left in the updates lvl?:?:

If you have scrips for this erros please mail me dred87@sapo.pt.

*Very nice work :thumbup:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you still thinking about releasing a new XNova Redesigned without errors in the Admin menu?
One more thing, why it doesn't show the time left in the updates lvl?:?:

If you have scrips for this erros please mail me dred87@sapo.pt.

*Very nice work :thumbup:

Most the of pages do show countdown timers, and hopefully they all will for the next release.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.. this its my first xnova download (sry.. my english its horrible).
But i cant find the directory "scripts" in the rar file (thats contains the js files)...

(?)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.. this its my first xnova download (sry.. my english its horrible).
But i cant find the directory "scripts" in the rar file (thats contains the js files)...

(?)

the scripts folder is inside the game folder

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the scripts folder is inside the game folder

i see it... :blushing:

I have a problem with wamp and xnova, (apache explode.. but dont throw me any log error)... i will try with apache and mysql as separate(not wamp)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see it... :blushing:

I have a problem with wamp and xnova, (apache explode.. but dont throw me any log error)... i will try with apache and mysql as separate(not wamp)

a lot of people have been commenting on trouble with wamp servers, best bet it to go for a unix based server, they are also generally faster and more reliable than their windows counterparts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ready! Apache + php + mysql (standalone) works fine! :D

I have another cuestion. I create the database. All work fine, but when i try to register the first user (admin), the application throw me a sql error; "Field 'ip_at_reg' doesn't have a default value" and go on with all the columns that dont appear in the insert statement...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ready! Apache + php + mysql (standalone) works fine! :D

I have another cuestion. I create the database. All work fine, but when i try to register the first user (admin), the application throw me a sql error; "Field 'ip_at_reg' doesn't have a default value" and go on with all the columns that dont appear in the insert statement...

odd, I will try and get this sorted for beta13, did you use the install the game comes with?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
odd, I will try and get this sorted for beta13, did you use the install the game comes with?

maybe.. its my error, i will try to fix it temporarily. If a get more errors, i will download a previous version to try.

Thanks for the quickly answers (oh god.. i have to go to english classes, this is difficult :eek:tt1:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe.. its my error, i will try to fix it temporarily. If a get more errors, i will download a previous version to try.

Thanks for the quickly answers (oh god.. i have to go to english classes, this is difficult :eek:tt1:)

you did install it using the install script yh? Not with your own database or something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you did install it using the install script yh? Not with your own database or something?

i create the database and then run: install.php

There are something else to do?

look [IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...s to nullable. But i dont have a planet (¿?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back