Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tools] JWzLib Revision 3 (Parsing Edition)

Reaction score
[Tools] JWzLib Revision 4 (Parsing Edition)

Hello everyone, I would like to give the community a present to celebrate the new year! I hope that this release will be helpful to anyone who uses it. I do not want to bore you to death with the details of everything I did, so I shall stop writing here and let you enjoy.

To Moderators:
I contacted Shawn and asked about releasing this. He said it was perfectly within the rules, so if you don't believe me contact him.

Direct download contains the source code and some test projects for the library (name dumping, and object dumping (image dumping works)).
SVN only contains the source code.

Direct Download:
SVN:

Credits:
snow (MapleLib)
haha01haha01 (MapleLib)
jonyleeson (Original WzLib)
OdinMS (Some provider code)
Flav (Giving me an EMS WZ file to test the library on a different version)
Generic230 (readOffset(), and the laughs)
Me (Translating most of the library)

Note:
If you have any problems with the library please post below, or private message me, or bug Jay (j/k). I will try to help you to the best of my abilities.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: JWzLib (Parsing Edition)

I like this. A few questions, or suggestions rather. First, can you explain how to use this/set this up? It will help people of all skill levels with using it. Second, is it possible to edit it for specific dumps, like... idk... weapons or etc, or setup, or mobs etc etc? Other than that, thanks for the contribution.

Reaction score

I like this. A few questions, or suggestions rather. First, can you explain how to use this/set this up? It will help people of all skill levels with using it. Second, is it possible to edit it for specific dumps, like... idk... weapons or etc, or setup, or mobs etc etc? Other than that, thanks for the contribution.

The projects I included don't really dump all that much compared to the available C# programs, but can pretty much be used for that purpose. This release was aimed for more advanced use, but it acts practically the same as the C# WzLib, except repacking the files isn't supported.

Edit: The addition of JavaDocs in the next revision will probably help most people use this.

Last edited:
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nice release tho ill wait till the next revision.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This looks nice..and I was hoping this project can beat the crappy one in OdinMS ;)

so direct wz reading would be nice :) looks decent

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Not to be off topic or anything, but it's also my birthday as well. :)!

I must thank you for this as well!

Reaction score
Re: [Tools] JWzLib Revision 2 (Parsing Edition)

Update: Revision 2 uploaded to SVN and Direct Download with nearly everything in the code with JavaDocs. HTML JavaDocs generated by NetBeans included with both.

P.S. Ignore SVN's revision number, since there has only been two true revisions.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

This is Ducking awesome. :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Cool, now we have it in C#, C, and java. lolawesomeness

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ooo, now someone should go and make a MapleStory client in Java =D. I quitted in the past because I hated converting WZLib to Java T_T.

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Cool buddy :DDD Thanks..!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

l2javaunsigned

Reaction score
Revision 3 added to SVN (direct download is still Revision 2). All that really got changed was adding it so WzUOL properties can locate their link value for their true value.

Edit: I'll be working on some better projects to go with the library soon.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Compare to This and Odin One

Benchmark Test ? :p And Memory Usage :eek:tt1:

Another thing :p why I like direct wz reading over mcdb :D

can be easiler switch when a new versions comes out :thumbup1: no need to wait for some dumping

Reaction score
Re: [Tools] JWzLib Revision 4 (Parsing Edition)

Compare to This and Odin One

Benchmark Test ? :p And Memory Usage :eek:tt1:

Another thing :p why I like direct wz reading over mcdb :D

can be easiler switch when a new versions comes out :thumbup1: no need to wait for some dumping

The main point was to be a lot more organized. I can't tell you exactly how fast this is compared to Odin's, because I haven't done benchmarks myself.

Anyways, updated to Revision 4. Not much this revision, but unparse() is important when you're done referencing a WzImage (GC will collect the unreachable objects and free the memory used by them).

JWzLib (Parsing Edition) Build 1.0.4 (Build 1, Revision 4)
+ Updated JavaDocs
+ Added unparse() to WzImage
+ Added built JWzLib-1.0.4.jar

I'll update the direct download when I have another test project done for the library.

Back