Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating a Server Using Delphi Source [GMS v.75] [GMS v.81] [EMS v.59]

Reaction score
Creating a Server Using Delphi Source

Table of Contents:

A.) Introduction
B.) Delphi Source Features
C.) How to Compile
D.) Links and Downloads
E.) Tutorials and Guides
F.) Basic F.A.Q.
G.) Troubleshooting
H.) Conclusion
I.) Credits

1.) SVN Checkout
2.) Launching the MapleStory Server Client
3.) Server Settings Adjustment
4.) Server Settings Adjustment Cont.
5.) MySQL Configuration
6.) Using the MySQL Query Browser
7.) Creating the Schema and Executing SQLs
8.) Creating an Account
9.) Launch Server

A.) Introduction

I am not sure if a guide like this has been produced already, but I did my searching, and I did not find anything. In this specific guide, we are going to be learning how to create a MapleStory private server, either for version GMS 0.75, GMS 0.81, or EMS 0.59 (the source provided supports multiple versions). The particular source we are going to be using is DelphiMS's source, which is an easy, 5-click way to get a standard server!

You can check the following links for updates of the Delphi Source and Hendi's progression. He has a thread here on RaGEZONE that provides updates, an SVN link, and more... but not a real guide which is why I'm typing this.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/delphi-maplestory-server-supports-v75-and-v80-638125/
- Here you can follow Hendi's progression on the Delphi Source.

B.)Delphi Source Features: (as of 2-11-10)
  • Database (MySQL) connection
  • Everything that has to do with pins (entering, changing etc.)
  • Everything that has to do with characters (creating, deleting)
  • View all characters
  • Char-Selection (logging in)
  • You can move on a map and also see others
  • Uses MCDB (Maple Community Database) for WZ-Data access
  • Facial expressions
  • Public chatting
  • NPCs are spawned and all NPC scripts for Maple Island are written
  • Command processor is implemented, but only a few basic commands work.
  • The first quests completely work, also Roger's Apple, which requires a QuestScript
  • Currently you can get all first jobs
  • All beginner & first job skills work
  • Basic NPCs on Victoria work, e.g. Taxis
  • (v80 only) The Aran Introduction completely works
  • (v80 only) New Adventurer (Explorer) Intro playable
  • Buddylists
  • Whispering & /find

C.) How to Compile:
To compile this source, do the following:

1) Get Delphi 2009/2010, I posted 2010 on KryptoDEV.
2) After installing it, go into the Required Units dir and copy the
following to your "Delphi Install Dir\lib\" dir:
-> All files from the DEC folder (don't copy the .svn dir)
-> Zeos.inc from the Zeos 7 folder, after that copy all FILES from the 5 folders in Zeos 7.
3) Execute the installer in the RemObjects PascalScript directory.
4) Open the .dproj file in Delphi and select the Build Configuration in the file tree.
After that press CTRL + SHIFT + F9 to compile & run the server.

Taken from the "HOW TO COMPILE" text document in the source folder.

D.) Links and Downloads

First off, let's start off with the links and downloads you may need for this process. The links will be provided below.

Downloads:
- (this will be used to checkout the SVN files and the actual source)
-
-
-
- (if you'd like the extras)
- (credits: Spudgy)
- (standard notepad will work) (for editing scripts)

1.) First off, you will need to download TortoiseSVN and checkout the files and source from the DelphiMS . Checkout these files in a new folder. After you've done that, it should look like this...

Savage - Creating a Server Using Delphi Source [GMS v.75] [GMS v.81] [EMS v.59] - RaGEZONE Forums

2.) Secondly, you can open up the /bin folder and either adjust the settings through the Settings.ini file, or you can configure them through the MapleServer (I would recommend adjusting them through the MapleServer). If you're running 0.75, open up the MapleServer75 file.

Savage - Creating a Server Using Delphi Source [GMS v.75] [GMS v.81] [EMS v.59] - RaGEZONE Forums

3.) Now, before you get all jumpy and excited to start your server, there may be a few things you want to toy around with and fix, such as your settings. Once you click the settings button, a Connection tab will pop up that will have a MySQL database option, and a General option. Leave everything as it is for now, unless you have an already-configured database, and want to change the settings to match your database's.

4.) Once you're finished configuring those, you can move onto the next two tabs: 'Worlds' and 'Features', which are very basic. There will be a table that contains the Worldname and Channel Count in the 'Worlds' tab. Right click in the blank white space to add or remove a world, and adjust the channel count. See, fairly basic. Below, you can change the World Event Message to whatever you like (this is what appears at the channel select screen).

The next tab is 'Features.' Here, you will be able to adjust your server's rates, enable or disable the pin system, and configure the inventory slot number amount. Hit save and you're done adjusting your server's settings! Easy so far, right? It gets easier!

5.) The next thing you will probably want to do is configure your MySQL server if you haven't done so already. This will allow you to connect to a database, which is where all your server information, such as accounts are stored. You can configure your SQL settings by launching the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard. This will take you step by step.
  1. Open up the Configuration Wizard.
  2. Select 'Standard Configuration.'
  3. Check 'Install as Windows Service' and type MySQL as the service name, and tick the box below it. Leave everything else alone. If everything is done already, don't change anything.
  4. Tick 'Modify Security Settings' and set your password as 'root'
  5. Execute, and your SQL Configuration should be complete!

6.) Now, open up MySQL Query Browser, and fill in the following details as follows:
Code:
Server Host: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]localhost[/COLOR]
Username: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]root[/COLOR]
Password: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]root[/COLOR] (or whatever you named it)
Default Schema: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]delphims[/COLOR] (you can name this whatever you want)

7.) After you do this, the Query Browser should pop up. Now, select your default schema (delphims) and execute the SQL scripts found inside the folder titled 'SQL Scripts.' You will need to execute the 'Main DB.sql' and the SQL files inside the 'mcdb-4.3-75' folder. After you execute each of the SQL files, your database should look like this:

8.) You're almost done! Now, you can open back up the MapleStory Server application and click the 'Create an Account' button and fill out the provided details that you want your account to have.

9.) Now, you can finally click that 'Start Server' button, launch your 0.75 localhost and enjoy your newly setup server.

E.) Tutorials and Guides

Below I will provide some useful links and tutorials that will help you further your knowledge toward server development, and get you started.

- http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/guide-innovatives-all-in-one-maplestory-server-setup-moogra-479487/
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tuto...-v62-or-v55-server-no-hamachi-website-556322/
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/how-to-make-a-v75-maplestory-private-server-with-arber-source-619315/
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tutorial-how-to-set-up-a-cms-615006/
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/learning-npcs-start-to-finish-643364/

F.) Basic F.A.Q.

Q: What is Delphi Source?
A: Delphi Source is a MapleStory private server source developed by user Hendi48. Delphi can be easily used a beginner new to the private server development scene. Delphi is very easy to use, and with experienced skills, it can be fully customized to fit your needs and make your server unique!

Q: How advanced is Delphi Source?
A: Delphi Source is very basic as of now. It does not include or come with most of the things most private server sources (or repacks if you use those) have, such as customized NPCs, commands, handlers, or basically anything that has been customized to fit private server standards. However, an experienced developer could really do a lot with it, because of its easy use.

G.) Basic Troubleshooting

For troubleshooting issues, I'd recommend searching and scanning the helpdesk thread that is stickied in the MapleStory Help section: http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/all-around-helpdesk-fixes-and-a-place-to-ask-for-help-497258/

H.) Conclusion

Thank you all for reading this guide, and I hope you learn something from it... hopefully. I know this whole Delphi source is self-explanatory, but hey, might as well help out someone who doesn't know, right? I have a feeling Delphi is going to get a lot more popular and developed, it seems like it has a promising future.

I.) Credits:

Hendi48 - for creating the Delphi Source
Savage - typing this guide, taking the screenshots, etc.

- Savage

Last edited:
offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Once again, good job Savage. Good to have you here:D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, I got it up really easy but how do I make my character a GM? I looked for it in 'characters' like an hour, I can't find it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You forgot one part into the guide. :)
Adding mcdb-4.3-75-mod.sql.

Source > SQL Scripts > Unrar: 02 MCDB 4.3 for v0.XX (XX = 75/81) and run that SQL. Apart from that, it seems to work.
Good job.

Reaction score
You forgot one part into the guide. :)
Adding mcdb-4.3-75-mod.sql.

Source > SQL Scripts > Unrar: 02 MCDB 4.3 for v0.XX (XX = 75/81) and run that SQL. Apart from that, it seems to work.
Good job.

It's in there.
You will need to execute the 'Main DB.sql' and the SQL files inside the 'mcdb-4.3-75' folder.
I just didn't mention extracting the .rar file :eek:tt1:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very good Post! To the point and informative :D

Though, I'm a little iffy on the download for:
- 0.75 localhost (credits: Spudgy)

Ive downloaded it a few times and my Norton continues to instadelete it after extracting and warns of a trojan horse *_*;

Norton hasnt failed me yet :< So I dont meant to be rude on Spudgy but does anybody else have a copy of this .75 localhost?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Somebody help me with this error ?

Last edited:
Back