Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz The Tournament Launcher Source v.2.0

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Version 2.0 Completion Tournament Launcher:
With Included Registration Feature. i call this a checkpoint of this release, merry christmas.

1702691528310 - Gunz The Tournament Launcher Source v.2.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

new version of source available in github.

Version 1.02:

I made a few security updates in the form. Changing the size of the window is no longer possible.

Also, I added a login method to the Launcher, which checks the user's authenticity and if the login is successful, the Launcher's Play button is activated.

these settings can always be changed in the source code, see CreatorsGUI.cs at the end there is a Login_Click method and it has a connectionstring that contains the sql connection user data to the mssql server.

for now, this version is not necessarily intended for beginners, it requires a little knowledge.

Database Patches(this checks the UGradeID via database):
+ go into mssql open tables, go where Login.Dbo, Right click it and select Design Table, and add new Field of Value "UGradeID" with datatype Int. and Save it. and then goto Stored Programmables, and Modify Insert Account, and add new value to where you see "Insert INTO LOGIN UserID / Password , add UGradeID to this and execute this, and you are done with the sets.
this doesnt include additonal values, you are just re-using the existing data in database, and re-using this in login table.

To update the Existing Database login table after the patch, just open query window in mssql in your database, and write this sql query and execute, it will change all users ugradeid value into 0, the default normal user.

Manually Update all the users in login table:
UPDATE Login
SET ugradeid = 0;

Tournament Launcher Version 1.02:
1702670381307 - Gunz The Tournament Launcher Source v.2.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

to modify the launcher settings (server url and gunz.exe) the settings can be found in here:
version 1-1.01:

This is a simple straightfoward tool to generate tournament up to 10 players system with functionality to suffle and give some custom data with a tournament context.

This is the earliest possible form i could dare to release , but im adding more functions and try to aim it be userfriendly interface, so i have released a source code also to contribute up.

Nobody requested this so dont be like you had some expectitations about tool, it is what it is.
The GUI is pre-initialized for ya so this has potentially teaching material, and for messing around for the coders generally.

Update Version 1.01 The Tournament Launcher (with precautions for start gunz when started this app in gunz folder, also has functionality for update/download now very simple but for the starters and giving the base for source custom launcher).

have fun.

Extra alternative for source:
(CreatorsGUI.cs is not viewable as Designer Mode, because at the begin of CreatorsGUI.cs

namespace CreatorsGUI {
/*
public static class AppData {
public static CreatorsGUI CreatorsGUIForm { get; set; }

}*/
you must first comment out this after this you are able to view it normally, remember to uncomment it after you are done. )
Modification for NON-DATABASE CHANGES REPLACE the code with this, and only Userid/password are required to verificate your account

(i just added little additional update to this reliablity with security patch to sql-injection exploit more strict, i replaced the User.Text/Pass.Text Input fields from being directly and replaced them with
string UserPass = Pass.Text;
string Username = User.Text;

.so we have now
loginCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@UserID", Username);
loginCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("Password", UserPass);

what makes exploiting it harder.
private void Login_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {

//this version is minimalized security check for login credentials without the modifications in database.
//Update SQL connection strings for Username/Password/DB/Server to match yours.
string connectionString = "Data Source=jop\\mssqlserver02;Initial Catalog=GunzDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=Asdasd12!;Encrypt=False";
string UserPass = Pass.Text;
string Username = User.Text;
using (SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connectionString)) {
con.Open();
try {
using (SqlCommand loginCmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM Login WHERE userid=@UserID AND password=@Password", con)) {
loginCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@UserID", Username);
loginCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Password", UserPass);

using (SqlDataReader loginReader = loginCmd.ExecuteReader()) {
if (loginReader.Read()) // Check if the login query returns any rows
{
// int uGradeID = Convert.ToInt32(loginReader["UGradeID"]);
//
// if (uGradeID == 0) //0 = Normal User
// {
// Member login logic
// Handle session or user details as required
Start.Enabled = true;
MessageBox.Show("Login successful!");
return;
}
/*
else if (uGradeID == 255) {
// Admin login logic
// Handle session or user details as required
MessageBox.Show("Logged in as an admin.");
return;
}*/
/* else {
MessageBox.Show("Invalid credentials or account type.");
// Handle invalid credentials or account type
return;
}
*/
else {
MessageBox.Show("Invalid credentials.");
// Handle invalid credentials
return;
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex) {
MessageBox.Show($"An error occurred: {ex.Message}");
}
}
}
}
}

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is a simple straightfoward tool to generate tournament up to 10 players system with functionality to suffle and give some custom data with a tournament context.

This is the earliest possible form i could dare to release , but im adding more functions and try to aim it be userfriendly interface, so i have released a source code also to contribute up.

Nobody requested this so dont be like you had some expectitations about tool, it is what it is.
The GUI is pre-initialized for ya so this has potentially teaching material, and for messing around for the coders generally.

Update Version 1.2 The Tournament Launcher (with precautions for start gunz when started this app in gunz folder, also has functionality for update/download now very simple but for the starters and giving the base for source custom launcher).

have fun.
View attachment 252997
This way of creating a tournament by list is interesting, thanks for sharing it with the community.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
new patches to project. cheers

i felt nice and also provided you pre-edit version of the login method, so you can just copy paste and replace the current Login_Click Code on CreatorsGUI.cs and it works without any need of modify in database. it only checks the userid and password is correct and process to launch state. havefun.

final and last update this year.

Last edited:
Back