Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MoopleDev v117.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I also remove ini and put everything inside serverconstants it is much better that way :) I like it

Worst possible way to code it. Unless you're not intending to release it.
Much better, you mean you have to recompile every single time you change the exp rate / something?
Yea, "much better".

EDIT :
zPsychotic, you should really :
1. Learn more about programming.
2. Learn more about English.
3. Like really learn to leave the forum when you said you will.
4. Drop that ego of yours when you have minuscule knowledge.

Last edited:
<3
Reaction score
Sounds like you are speaking out of your butt again. Despite knowing nothing at all,Lithium is never better then Moople if you are saying it is because of it features, you really lack the brains cause they are inherit from Odin..

No, I am not saying that because Lithium has more features. Also, no you are the one that lacks the brains. With your reasoning, you are saying that OdinMS is master race, cause everything else inherits from it. OdinMS was incredible for starting private server, but it is by no means superior in coding compared to modern sources.

Lithium is not. But my release, tetra, or rather, cryptic sea, was ages ahead of moople. RMZ is most definitely a better developer than kevin is, and that is not to say Kevin is a bad developer, RMZ is just on another level. Say what you want psychotic - the source ran a lot smoother, used a lot less memory, and all in all had much less bugs, and more content.

Of course I will always stand by moople, especially since lithium is a crock of poop and it's impossible to find 1.12.4 sea.

Lithium was based off Tetra, no? Also, it is reasonable for v112.4 SEA to be hard to find. It's been over a year, and people are updating fast with MSEA.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Lithium was based off of tetra, yes, dynamik, but that doesn't make it 'good'. Lithium is a very broken version of the source. And yes, I realize it's been over a year, but look at how easy it is to find v62.

Extreme, why would you remove the ini and create a property file? I could understand loading it from a source file, but making it load from the properties file...
o_o

<3
Reaction score
Lithium was based off of tetra, yes, dynamik, but that doesn't make it 'good'. Lithium is a very broken version of the source. And yes, I realize it's been over a year, but look at how easy it is to find v62.

Extreme, why would you remove the ini and create a property file? I could understand loading it from a source file, but making it load from the properties file...
o_o

I figured it was a broken version of your source (well, you bought it). I had a copy of both Tetra and Lithium, and realized that Lithium didn't have anti-sniff until it's later revs (which I believe was based on later revisions of your source). Also, v62 can still be found cause people really like the older versions (prior to Big Bang). Meanwhile, v112.4 didn't really have anything different to offer. Why would someone choose to own a v112.4 server when they could own the latest version? Besides that, look at how popular GMS is compared to SEA.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Worst possible way to code it. Unless you're not intending to release it.
Much better, you mean you have to recompile every single time you change the exp rate / something?
Yea, "much better".

EDIT :
zPsychotic, you should really :
1. Learn more about programming.
2. Learn more about English.
3. Like really learn to leave the forum when you said you will.
4. Drop that ego of yours when you have minuscule knowledge.

please understand something

1) I'm doing this on my free time, and maybe I will change it in the future.
2) I may not be that good at programming but I'm still trying my best.
3) just because I have some made error in my sentence that does not mean I lack of able to speak and write the English language
4) I don't think it is relevant to you at all as I don't see how it is affecting you, if someone leave or stay..
5) mirror yourself first before commenting on others..

@Dynamik

I really have nothing to say...

@Syre
ini file isn't officially supported by Java -> so isnt it much better to load from properties ? maybe I will revert back in the future.. or find a better approach.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol @ People updating MoopleDEV while v117 packets are already released and just changing the name to "Zynx Development" (Yes I was reffering to ExtremeDevilz and not even, because I know even actually recodes some of the poop).

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Lol @ People updating MoopleDEV while v117 packets are already released and just changing the name to "Zynx Development" (Yes I was reffering to ExtremeDevilz and not even, because I know even actually recodes some of the poop).

maybe you dont know the meaning of a fork... btw it is a personal project so why bother.. Im doing it to learn that's all

Reaction score
maybe you dont know the meaning of a fork... btw it is a personal project so why bother.. Im doing it to learn that's all

Well you name dit Zynx Development Emulator as if it was made from scratch, why it wasn't. You're removing the name Moople from it and overriding Kevin's work. MoopleDEV is under GPL (OdinMS base) so you can't really do that as far as I know.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Back to a development thread guys. It's funny how you guys compare me to RMZ, you guys don't know anything about either of us... well you probably know more about me, because RMZ likes to be quiet.

Why would you compare Lithium to Moople, it's all about what's the easiest to use on this forum (people use it to learn).

And MoopleDEV rev 121 will change a lot...

Now please stop spamming even's development thread.

Reaction score
Back to a development thread guys. It's funny how you guys compare me to RMZ, you guys don't know anything about either of us... well you probably know more about me, because RMZ likes to be quiet.

Why would you compare Lithium to Moople, it's all about what's the easiest to use on this forum (people use it to learn).

And MoopleDEV rev 121 will change a lot...

Now please stop spamming even's development thread.
Cannot wait for that mythical 121, think I can have a sneak peak?

Reaction score
Code:
Done:
- Scroll handlers
- Equipment Handlers
- Parsed: Potential, Item Pot, Androids, Nebulites
- Partial Bag system
- Added a flag class from lithium(kinda liked the little class)
- Parsed Magic weapons (ones that have the ability to freeze and stuff)
- Fixed NPC chat bubble's
- Fixed NPC chats
- Fixed NPC Animations
- Fixed Issues with resistance class(on logging in)
- Added Flag fields for equipments
TODO:
-Potentials, Item Pot, Nebulite, Androids
- spawnPlayerMapObject
- Remove the CaltechEval class (just borrowed it for the moment to get in-game)
- Make a fully functional bag system
- Phantom creation
- Add a rollover trait exp check
Next:
- NX files
Sorry it took awhile, I am thinking of getting people to contribute (because I have been a bit busy, or have a select few help out). Maybe have this as a community project. I might actually wait for MoopleDev rev 121 before I add nx files(I seen some of the things from 121, and its kick-butt). So I am going to probably try to fix shops for now.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@even
anyway why not choose MCDB Loading ? :drool:

btw this would be useful

Code:
Error Type: 1Data Length: 13
Error For Player:  null - Account:  ExtremeDevilz
0B 00 00 00 00 05 00 00 00

ClientErrorHandler

Code:
/*
 * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties.
 * To change this template file, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
package net.server.handlers;

import client.MapleClient;
import net.MaplePacketHandler;
import tools.FilePrinter;
import tools.HexTool;
import tools.data.input.SeekableLittleEndianAccessor;

/**
 * @author ExtremeDevilz
 */
public class ClientErrorHandler implements MaplePacketHandler {

@Override
    public void handlePacket(SeekableLittleEndianAccessor slea, MapleClient c) {
        if (slea.available() < 8) {
            return;
        }

short pType = slea.readShort();
        String pTypeStr;
        if (pType == 0x01) {
            pTypeStr = "Send Packet"; // SendOps Packet Wrong 
        } else if (pType == 0x02) {
            pTypeStr = "Crash Report"; // Client Crashed ???
        } else if (pType == 0x03) {
            pTypeStr = "Exception"; // Client Exception ?
        }
        int pErrorType = slea.readInt();
        if (pErrorType == 0) {
            return;
        }
        short pDataLength = slea.readShort();
        slea.skip(4);
        FilePrinter.printError(FilePrinter.ERROR38, "Error Type: " + pType + "\r\n" + "Data Length: " + pDataLength + "\r\n" + "Error For Player:  " + c.getPlayer() + " - Account:  " + c.getAccountName() + "\r\n" + HexTool.toString(slea.read((int) slea.available())) + "\r\n\r\n");
    }

now you can pretty much fix up all the error 38 :D

ps I have discontinue my project there is just too much stuff to be done for a single person... I like your idea on a community project so anyone can contribute to it.. seems something like android a review system and anyone can add stuff and work on it..

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
@even
anyway why not choose MCDB Loading ? :drool:

btw this would be useful

Code:
Error Type: 1Data Length: 13
Error For Player:  null - Account:  ExtremeDevilz
0B 00 00 00 00 05 00 00 00

ClientErrorHandler

Code:
/*
 * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties.
 * To change this template file, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
package net.server.handlers;

import client.MapleClient;
import net.MaplePacketHandler;
import tools.FilePrinter;
import tools.HexTool;
import tools.data.input.SeekableLittleEndianAccessor;

/**
 * @author ExtremeDevilz
 */
public class ClientErrorHandler implements MaplePacketHandler {

@Override
    public void handlePacket(SeekableLittleEndianAccessor slea, MapleClient c) {
        if (slea.available() < 8) {
            return;
        }

short pType = slea.readShort();
        String pTypeStr;
        if (pType == 0x01) {
            pTypeStr = "Send Packet"; // SendOps Packet Wrong 
        } else if (pType == 0x02) {
            pTypeStr = "Crash Report"; // Client Crashed ???
        } else if (pType == 0x03) {
            pTypeStr = "Exception"; // Client Exception ?
        }
        int pErrorType = slea.readInt();
        if (pErrorType == 0) {
            return;
        }
        short pDataLength = slea.readShort();
        slea.skip(4);
        FilePrinter.printError(FilePrinter.ERROR38, "Error Type: " + pType + "\r\n" + "Data Length: " + pDataLength + "\r\n" + "Error For Player:  " + c.getPlayer() + " - Account:  " + c.getAccountName() + "\r\n" + HexTool.toString(slea.read((int) slea.available())) + "\r\n\r\n");
    }

now you can pretty much fix up all the error 38 :D

ps I have discontinue my project there is just too much stuff to be done for a single person... I like your idea on a community project so anyone can contribute to it.. seems something like android a review system and anyone can add stuff and work on it..

MCDB requires updating per version, and if you want to update from v117, it'll be a pain in the butt to do. NX loading performs better than the traditional WZ XML way, so it's more beneficial, and there is a converter from WZ to NX anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back