Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hello to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah,it is me,HeartSeeker the old moderator of the forum.

Lately I am getting more private messages about world of kungfu developments. Yes,I did quit the development forums at my own will
I have been offered real cash to teach how to's-setup or be a gm of others' private servers,my answer never changed
I am not accepting real cash or any gift to help you,nor I would even accept someday. my title has never changed as it once stated "I am here to help"

So,here is my final demand from my readers.
I want those who has clean 1.0.52 files+ 1.0.4x client and executable patches to 1.0.52 to upload these files on a file-upload server and pm me with download details...
What I will do with these?
I am going to recreate my final fully completed guide (except making it online)

HeartSeeker

--------------------------- Post Merged ----------------------------

Seriously,noone bothered to post the files?
Great...

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically the only people in wokf dev anymore are Edenost at Mayhem and some french people I don't know who have a server translated entirely into french with a 120 lvl cap, I highly doubt either of them would share their files(doubt french language ones would be wanted and edenost has 140/145 lvl cap and code for further cap raising and doesn't strike me as the "share for free" type), beyond that the few people who come here mostly have little idea how to actually do much beyond get a local server running on their own PC and likely have bugged or incomplete files anyway.

I did have plans to write a large selection of guides on setting up a server and modding files(including how to get any client to work with your server files instead of having to use the specific version) however I haven't had the time/inclination, but it is still on my possible to-do list in the future.

Back in the day while browsing code I did notice the data section for the lvl cap in the zone server seems to store one of the modifiers for the max lvl in an int8(a signed single byte), which coder would know has a max decimal value of 126/127, so raising the cap beyond around 125 I assume would require recoding the zone to read that byte as either unsigned(max value 255) or 16-bit(2 bytes instead of 1), which I assume is why so much work was required, not sure why I posted that info here but was a thought perhaps someone may have interest in.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all, I remember when this section used to flourish. The good ol' days of wokf nostalgia really do bring back some great memories. I've been here since the very beginning and have been so grateful for all the help I have received. I know WoKF is officially shut down but setting up a private server has exposed me to so much more , I have moved on to developing other projects other than private servers now. But anyway, I'm here to say I have the 1.67 version files, I'm pretty sure they are almost the latest files, I have set up a server with them and they 100% work except for the level, cap, level 140 items are included, though. I am uploading them to google docs as we speak and will post them in the morning :) If anything, I hope this will expose people to the world of computers and creativity just like it did for me. See ya in the morning....

EDIT: Looks like google docs doesn't like me sharing the file like this, are there any other websites I can use?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It Will be cool if you Will give the files :D i will try to Open a server then

not work?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello heartseeker and fellow RZ members :laugh:, sorry didn't see this post. Haven't been in this section much as of late but I was cleaning out one of my external Hard Drives and found these, Enjoy mates and make mirrors if you can :wink:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice one Krimson :thumbup:, I'm sure a few people will be grateful for that up and hopefully heartseeker will revisit soon and see your upload so he can do the guide he wanted.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello hearkseeker and fellow RZ members :laugh:, sorry didn't see this post. Haven't been in this section much as of late but I was cleaning out one of my external Hard Drives and found these, Enjoy mates and make mirrors if you can :wink:

Nice, I'm sure these are the same files I have.. except i deleted my compressed version and now it won't fit neatly onto mediafire, lol, buy these files should work for you guys, thanks!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Guys by any chance someone has vg patches from 1.47 to highest version?
because those are what we need to store since we willl never be able to find them again if they start to be deleted.
and I ned from .62 to .67 I happened to seek for some time and still couldnt find any

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll see what i can dig up, i know I have the patches somewhere. The only problem I think they are not in exe but in cpk form because i used serv-U to patch the client back in the days when I was working on KF and had a public server. If thats ok with you guys i'll upload those if you want

Edit: Confirmed, I have .cpk patch files from 36 - 67 and i found tools as well to edit/add npc shop/ tagbuff/ tagbase .etc etc. as well as Gm Teleport Helper that aGhostt posted a while back,ill up load that now ;)

Credits goes to aGhostt for the GM teleport helper and the creators/developers of these other applications, don't know who they are since these have been passed between so many hands

I used this program to patch the clients, Some Anti-Virus software will flag this as being a virus, but if you visit Serv-U 's website they are aware of this and assure you it is not a virus, just do a search

Okay, here are all the patch files for versions 36 -67, you will need a program called hjsplit to join them which i will include in the download, you can use these to patch the game client to version 67 in conjunction with Serv-U

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically the only people in wokf dev anymore are Edenost at Mayhem and some french people I don't know who have a server translated entirely into french with a 120 lvl cap, I highly doubt either of them would share their files(doubt french language ones would be wanted and edenost has 140/145 lvl cap and code for further cap raising and doesn't strike me as the "share for free" type), beyond that the few people who come here mostly have little idea how to actually do much beyond get a local server running on their own PC and likely have bugged or incomplete files anyway.I did have plans to write a large selection of guides on setting up a server and modding files(including how to get any client to work with your server files instead of having to use the specific version) however I haven't had the time/inclination, but it is still on my possible to-do list in the future.

Back in the day while browsing code I did notice the data section for the lvl cap in the zone server seems to store one of the modifiers for the max lvl in an int8(a signed single byte), which coder would know has a max decimal value of 126/127, so raising the cap beyond around 125 I assume would require recoding the zone to read that byte as either unsigned(max value 255) or 16-bit(2 bytes instead of 1), which I assume is why so much work was required, not sure why I posted that info here but was a thought perhaps someone may have interest in.

*Whistles* Edenost (Mayhem) isn't the only ones with those files, greed has a habit of turning into Karma, I know quite a few people that plan to release them publicly in the near future,though I cannot promise nor vouch for them. Then its let the server wars begin :closedeyes:. I'm not in any way threatening anyone or any server in general,please don't take it as such. I've just seen it happen so many times.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Picture guide,sorry,it wont happen but I will make a really clear guide.sorry guys I don't have that much time to edit photos and such. I have just started the installation guide. I hope I can finish today.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Picture guide,sorry,it wont happen but I will make a really clear guide.sorry guys I don't have that much time to edit photos and such. I have just started the installation guide. I hope I can finish today.

Don't stress yourself. Once you are done I will make pictures for you then send them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@all
reformatted my laptop,redownloaded everything and installed prequisite components for server setup. It was Eid (muslim holiday) here,thus this I wasn't avaible.
I shall continue on the setup guide tomorrow.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@all
reformatted my laptop,redownloaded everything and installed prequisite components for server setup. It was Eid (muslim holiday) here,thus this I wasn't avaible.
I shall continue on the setup guide tomorrow.

OK take your time were waiting patiently lol me checking back daily to see if you posted ahhah :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update.
I almost completed the guide. Main problem is it gives me a client get a fin error which is something I forgot to change. I will recheck my configurations once again to find the error causing this crap.
Old files are too way dumb to work with
actually a simple guide would be
recheck all ips in all configs and make them 127.0.0.1
put all passwords same as your mysql ip
change the dominator's ini files' map_name line like map_name = your computername located under Right click on mycomputer-options(preferences) - Computer name tab.

run rt service "reg.bat" which is a msdos file. let it install the rt service
open those xdominator,xcache,xcheckversion...etc
no errors lol

then follow my sticky for making the server better

Maybe I should write this? :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back