• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hello to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ya didn't work for em either. Think it can work with hamachi?

No it wont,appearantly it has something to do with the configurations
It seems as a c++ error which says a value is configured wrong.

I am using vmware to run xp,I don't have a machine running xp. Can anyone confirm that it works on vmware
8gb ram I got on the laptop
I will continue again,tomorrow. I have meetings because lots of my friends at my age are going under military service one by one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No it wont,appearantly it has something to do with the configurations
It seems as a c++ error which says a value is configured wrong.

I am using vmware to run xp,I don't have a machine running xp. Can anyone confirm that it works on vmware
8gb ram I got on the laptop
I will continue again,tomorrow. I have meetings because lots of my friends at my age are going under military service one by one.

Did some debugging for you and nothing wrong with your config, the xEngine.dll in "KfSvr" folder where the main exe's are is corrupt, need to replace it with another one and the log will work fine.

If you don't have another xEngine.dll that works I will browse my PC some time to see if I have a working one around somewhere.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did some debugging for you and nothing wrong with your config, the xEngine.dll in "KfSvr" folder where the main exe's are is corrupt, need to replace it with another one and the log will work fine.

If you don't have another xEngine.dll that works I will browse my PC some time to see if I have a working one around somewhere.

I set it up earlier today, i can get it to work fine, if needed i will reupload the files again. With these files i think you can't be behind a router to get it to connect to WAN if i remember right.

Edit: Try this on see if it works. I also have other ones and will post if you all need it

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit: Try this on see if it works. I also have other ones and will post if you all need it

Tried that one and the logserver still got the error, but this one: View attachment xEngine.zip

worked fine for me on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with everything configured for local host using the attached xEngine.dll everything worked fine.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tried that one and the logserver still got the error, but this one: View attachment 112333

worked fine for me on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with everything configured for local host using the attached xEngine.dll everything worked fine.

That's interesting , The Hacky way around the error would be to hit Ignore when the dialogue box pops up, but that won't do on a public setting unfortunately. I noticed too with these files that shi fang maze has issues leaving,,,wonder if its because we need Chinese client files maybe?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Map problems are all related to you guys forgetting to use cpack and get all attrib,map files from system.cpk of the client. To avoid ingame content problems I always told everyone to do that

Yet I haven't been able to solve that xlogin error. Damn that all...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Map problems are all related to you guys forgetting to use cpack and get all attrib,map files from system.cpk of the client. To avoid ingame content problems I always told everyone to do that

Yet I haven't been able to solve that xlogin error. Damn that all...

I did not forget to use cpack mate,don't mistake everyone here for being that much of an amateur,but continuing, there is some kind of mismatch with the map path

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I did not forget to use cpack mate,don't mistake everyone here for being that much of an amateur,but continuing, there is some kind of mismatch with the map path

I really wonder HOW exactly you took my words in the matter that I am calling you an amateur. Thanks for sharing the files you got and let's not get the topic somewhere else from now on. Every simple post I made has "help" meaning and they shall be taken so

I just got up. My back will kill me. Will be busy with the server till I sleep again.

I'll share my completely working version of files once this is done.

okay,got it up with no errors. Now it is time to do some tricky work

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Simply by implying that, you didn't have to say it you just implied it,who wouldn't take any other way. Also I got right back on topic soon after making the comment. But i digress :) congratulations on getting it up.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Simply by implying that, you didn't have to say it you just implied it,who wouldn't take any other way. Also I got right back on topic soon after making the comment. But i digress :) congratulations on getting it up.

Sorry if you got it in the wrong way,friend. I never wanted to mean that way :)

Okay guide is still not perfect,so lets make it perfect

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll see what i can dig up, i know I have the patches somewhere. The only problem I think they are not in exe but in cpk form because i used serv-U to patch the client back in the days when I was working on KF and had a public server. If thats ok with you guys i'll upload those if you want

Edit: Confirmed, I have .cpk patch files from 36 - 67 and i found tools as well to edit/add npc shop/ tagbuff/ tagbase .etc etc. as well as Gm Teleport Helper that aGhostt posted a while back,ill up load that now ;)

Credits goes to aGhostt for the GM teleport helper and the creators/developers of these other applications, don't know who they are since these have been passed between so many hands

I used this program to patch the clients, Some Anti-Virus software will flag this as being a virus, but if you visit Serv-U 's website they are aware of this and assure you it is not a virus, just do a search

Okay, here are all the patch files for versions 36 -67, you will need a program called hjsplit to join them which i will include in the download, you can use these to patch the game client to version 67 in conjunction with Serv-U

i mean these patch files linkt for a userguide.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Elco, Heartseeker has them mirrored here http://forum.ragezone.com/f467/guide-server-setup-874299/. They are the same thing. Mediafire keeps deleting them on me, so i found it pointless twofold, 1. they kept deleting them, 2. Why bother uploading them when it is already mirrored. If they have been removed there is nothing I can do about it.

Agreed to KrimsonBlades. File hosting servers just delete stuff that are not that popular. It was why I uploaded it to multiupload website so even if on upload server deletes the link,the other one works ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back