Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

adding new items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright well so far I followed this video tutorial "http://forum.ragezone.com/f546/video-tutorial-indonesian-people-935714/" on how to add new costumes, it was in Indonesian so I couldn't really understand it but, I was able to do it correctly (I think) up to the point where I could get the item in my inventory, I already edited the character.pak file and all that I was trying to add clouds buster blade from ff7 "http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/3d-custom-model-938452/" and it was going well up to the point where I tried to equip it, after I equipped it my client crashed soo I'm guessing there are still more .bin files I need to edit, could someone give me a tutorial on how to add new items or atleast just tell me what .bin files I need to edit? xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think you didn't put in the correct 3dmodel number, or increased the total number of mods to be read, which is the first line of mod lists.
that would cause it to crash..
~Jaren

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Were they added to the Modlist_X_X.bin? If so, then please give us the line of code, this way we can intemperate code faults.

i think you didn't put in the correct 3dmodel number, or increased the total number of mods to be read, which is the first line of mod lists.
that would cause it to crash..
~Jaren

@Jaren I don't think I put in the correct 3Dmodel number, I'm sure I increased the total number of mods to be read though I'm not exactly sure on how to find the correct 3D model number, I only started editing the .bin files recently, up till now I've just been working to fix the basic databases errors and the server errors some of them I still haven't fixed yet but I'm planning to

@pokchop1 yep they were added to the ModLists and this is the line code which I have added to the item list:

50001181 Buster^sBlade 21001071 97 2 2141 0 1 1 1 0 15

0 1 1 1 1 97 -1 1760 530 1 1 -1 -1 1

2 1 32 16 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1

1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 11201

also, additional info (not sure if it'll be helpful but): I used the "Cabali Sword" as my base - ID is:11000097. I used the tutorial and just copied a 2 handed sword and edited some of the lines, I have a feeling I did it wrong though xD if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it~
I was planning to make a tutorial on this since there are many numbers and people tend to get confused on it sometimes like I did~ soo If I'm able to fix this with the help of any1 I'd be sure to mention all your names in the credits :3 (just saying XD)

P.s. I noticed something while searching in the forums, someone posted this "http://forum.ragezone.com/f544/lunaplus-skilllist-itemlist-header-929855/", I got the feeling that it was linked to the itemlist.bin but when I checked it for myself, well apperentally there's 1 line missing : here are some images to show itemlistexcel 1.PNG - adding new items - RaGEZONE Forums itemlistexcel 2.PNG - adding new items - RaGEZONE Forums
though I'm not even sure if it does link, I'm just guessing~

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
My suggestion, because your basing it off of another item is to change one parameter at a time, this way you can assure which parameter had the fault. I might also want to point out that the item number may already be used, Thanks official developers for keeping it in numerical order...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My suggestion, because your basing it off of another item is to change one parameter at a time, this way you can assure which parameter had the fault. I might also want to point out that the item number may already be used, Thanks official developers for keeping it in numerical order...

well, is there anyway to find out exactly what the parameters are? like on the images I showed, cuz on that 1 only 1 of the parameters were missing apparently if not then I'll just have to do it 1 at a time till I get the hang of it and let you know how things go~

Edit: nevermind, I found the parameters in item manager.cpp in the source, alright well I'll give your idea a try now and change 1 parameter at a time, hope this works >.<

Edit2: FIXED :D I'll be posting a tutorial soon :3~ you can close this thread now if you'd like :D
Edit3: Tutorial has been made :3~ http://forum.ragezone.com/f546/text-image-guide-adding-items-948533/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back