Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Legend of Mir server offline

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i got the client from same place as jasper and all works in it ,the client hes posted is from the euromir ftp so it must work,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
read below its the finished version of wat was supposed 2 b here accidently clicked the post button

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok been tryin 2 get this all workin 4 the past couple of days now ave just got the files downloaded an wen a go into the db server this comes up IP table .\!AddrTable.txt failed to load!
Server Started...
-- SQL KeepAlive
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied
-- --> Error Keeping Query Alive!
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied
-- --> Error Keeping QueryCommand Alive!

and half of the other files in section 3 are missing as well

an all this crap about SQL am readin about that can b quiet an annoyin tool 2 use wouldnt it just b easier 2 have a verison were u can just download like wat mental had in the old server were u just downloaded and installed an that was it instead of all this checkin 2 see if everythin is alright and entered correctly a mean come on half the files that are actually on the file dont even work a try 2 go onto the mir2 server an it just comes up a black screen so instead of havin all this programmin crap just get a file that u can easily download and install save us all alot of hassle and save u alot of hassle answerin our trouble shootin quiestion....

Reaction score
ok been tryin 2 get this all workin 4 the past couple of days now ave just got the files downloaded an wen a go into the db server this comes up IP table .\!AddrTable.txt failed to load!
Server Started...
-- SQL KeepAlive

an all this crap about SQL am readin about that can b quiet an annoyin tool 2 use wouldnt it just b easier 2 have a verison were u can just download like wat mental had in the old server were u just downloaded and installed an that was it instead of all this checkin 2 see if everythin is alright and entered correctly a mean come on half the files that are actually on the file dont even work a try 2 go onto the mir2 server an it just comes up a black screen so instead of havin all this programmin crap just get a file that u can easily download and install save us all alot of hassle and save u alot of hassle answerin our trouble shootin quiestion....

why bother make server files for ppl who shouldnt be hosting servers anyway (aka lazy hosts)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server Started...
-- SQL KeepAlive

actually it is very simple and they do work without bugs like that, its not the files its the person who uses them who seems to be at fault here...

and sure you *COULD* use the old files, apart from the fact it would be a complete waste of time since the ones you are referring to can only support up to about 5 people simultaneously, and hence quite rightly you cant use them anymore

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To be honest in my experiance with mir files,

The people who cannot setup a server correctly themselves (even if you moan about MSSQL / BDE ect), will very rarely lead to a lasting sucessful server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i keep getting conn closed yet ive corrected all ips and that lot and i also get:
[10/03/2007 11:22:51] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'lom2_chardb'. Login fails
[10/03/2007 11:23:49] -- SQL KeepAlive
[10/03/2007 11:23:49] -- --> Error Keeping Query Alive!
[10/03/2007 11:23:49] -- --> Error Keeping QueryCommand Alive!

Edit: it can get onto it now wid out conn closed but now i get "random message 2 needs to be coded:-1" well something like that when i try and make a char

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Get this code -1 every time i try to make a account can some 1 help me please theres a SS on the link

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
$$ ? wot u meen by that i still gotta try wot TD said so that also may be the problem

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Setting up the files (offline):
Server Name: ktest
Server IP: 127.0.0.1
Server Directory: C:/mirserver

1.) Download

2.) Extract the files wherever you like (normally C:/mirserver)

3.) Check the following files to make sure they have the correct IP (127.0.0.1), the correct directories (C:/mirserver/

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do you mean by client? as in the exe?

the mir2.exe is in the server files them self.

Reaction score
look at ur gates if there a $$ at the bottom means they are not conncecting to each other

the client is in the files called mir2.exe and they are also in the updates

VirUs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
easyest way to get there files working online is setting every ip in the server files to 127.0.0.1 and using the ini file i posted on one of the recent topics (the one with the 3ip's in one ini file) for the client and setting those ip's to your internet ip

errrm which ini and ips 2 change? been a while since this thread has been made and its bit time wasting keep looking bak plus thers been lot more ini's posted about since

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i keep gettin con closed when i try run m2 any suggestions please

Back