Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Legend of Mir server offline

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Setting up the files (offline):
Server Name: ktest
Server IP: 127.0.0.1
Server Directory: C:/mirserver

1.) Download

2.) Extract the files wherever you like (normally C:/mirserver)

3.) Check the following files to make sure they have the correct IP (127.0.0.1), the correct directories (C:/mirserver/…), and the correct server name (ktest):
 /DBServer/!addrtable.txt
 /DBServer/!serverinfo.txt
 /DBServer/dbsrc.ini
 /LoginGate/Config.ini
 /LoginSrv/!addrtable.txt
 /LoginSrv/!serveraddr.txt
 /LoginSrv/!UserLimit.txt
 /LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
 /LogServer/LogData.ini
 /M2Server/!runaddr.txt
 /M2Server/!servertable.txt
 /M2Server/!Setup.txt
 /RunGate/Config.ini
 /SelGate/Config.ini

4.) Download SQL Server 2000 -

5.) Install SQL using Authentication mode, and set a password you can remember (ID will be sa)

6.) Once your SQL Server is running open Enterprise Manager and go into your SQL databases, there should already be ‘master’, ‘model’, ‘msdb’, ‘Northwind’, ‘pubs’, ‘tempdb’.

7.) Right click somewhere in the Database window, highlight over ‘All Tasks’ and click ‘Restore Database’.

8.) Check the box that says ‘From Device’ and click the button saying ‘Select Devices’ then ‘Add’ button.

9.) On the File Name box click the button saying ‘…’ and select lom2_chardb.bak from \DBServer. Then press OK a few times until the database restores.

10.) Edit the database tables as you like, i.e. GMs etc.

11.) Change the following files so they have the same information as your new SQL database:
 /DBServer/dbsrc.ini
 /DBServer/!Setup.txt

Make sure ‘UseSQL’ is set to TRUE, ‘SQLHOST’ is set to (local), ‘SQLUsername’ will be sa, ‘SQLPassword’ will be whatever password you set in the install, ‘SQLDatabase’ should be lom2_chardb unless you changed it, and ‘SQLType’ should be mssql, if you want to change to MySQL later on then change that to mysql.

12.) Download and extract and overwrite everything except the configuration files you edited earlier in step 3.

13.) Delete the following tables from your SQL database:
 Tbl_GUARD
 TBL_MAGIC
 TBL_MAPINFO
 TBL_MERCHANT
 TBL_MONGEN
 TBL_MONSTER
 TBL_MOVEMAPEVENT
 TBL_NPC
 TBL_STARTPOINT
 TBL_STDITEMS

14.) Right click in your tables window, highlight ‘All tasks’ and select Import Data. When it asks where to import from select "Microsoft Access" from the drop down list and click the browse button and find /M2server/Envir/Data.mdb, leave the username and password field blank. When it asks where to import data to keep it as SQL, username will be sa and password is whatever you made it.

15.) Then you will get a list of tables, select all of the ones you just deleted except instead of TBL_MONGEN select TBL_MONGENORIGINAL and rename it to TBL_MONGEN (Then you will have full mongen, not my test mongen)

Then connect to the server and see how it goes :)

If i missed anything out in this little guide post it here and I will get it added asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Setting up the files (offline):

14.) Right click in your tables window, highlight ‘All tasks’ and select Import Data. When it asks where to import from click the browse button and find /M2server/Envir/Data.mdb, leave the username and password field blank. When it asks where to import data to keep it as SQL, username will be sa and password is whatever you made it.

15.) Then you will get a list of tables, select all of the ones you just deleted except instead of TBL_MONGEN select TBL_MONGENORIGINAL and rename it to TBL_MONGEN (Then you will have full mongen, not my test mongen)

Then connect to the server and see how it goes :)

If i missed anything out in this little guide post it here and I will get it added asap.

i get everything up untill this point... when i right click and import i dont get a browse option... just an option to import data from one SQL Database to another...

EDIT:
Fixed that now... but now when i make a chara it tells me that its already made, came out and deleted what was in the FDB folder inside DBServer, but now i make a chara click start and the screen goes dim and i get a chinese error come up... i click ok and it takes me back to server select but with chara select in the back ground :O

/Echo

/Echo

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The RunGate gives me the following error:

[17:03:09] Service started...
[17:03:09] Loading Config...
[17:03:09] Config Loaded...
[17:03:09] Loading abuse file...
[17:03:09] Abuse file loaded...
[17:03:09] Loading block ip file...
[17:03:09] Block ip file loaded...
[17:03:09] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure you have not got 2 copies of one exe running, if not disble unpnp :).

/Haz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have GameGate and RunGate, which one do I use?

I set everything up, yet when I try to connect my client to the server, the connection closes, could it have to do with ports being setup incorrectly?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything is working apart from when I try to enter the game after having made my character I get a black screen and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server name?

Also, the IP's that are 0.0.0.0 - are they to be changed?
This is my !servertable.txt in the M2Server folder - I have tried both 7000 and 7200. Neither were successful.

Code:
0       127.0.0.1 7000

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok very n00bie

installed msql but cant restore the d base, get any error saying

RESTORE DATABASE MUST BE USED IN SINGLE USR MODE WHEN TRYING TO RESTORE THE MASTER DATABASE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
keep getting an error on the M2server

saying unable to log on to sql data base

i have changed both setup files with the new user name and password.

am i missing somthing.

Reaction score
ok thanx thought it would have sorted the dbserver error , but u no better tbh lol, heard it was better than mssql so d/l it and navicat cannot understand it tbh, lol. but if u ever do decide to, cheerrs

what would the server run better on?

VirUs

Reaction score
no worries thanx m8 will save me the hassle lol

i know this is off topic a bit but what ip goes where to put this online for few m8s once i get it runnin properly

thanks

VirUs

Back