Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Tutorial]Sound.wz Editing

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Should've posted this here a looong time ago :eek:

I've noticed that not alot of servers have custom music added.
It's a really nice feature to have, so I decided to just copy+paste an old guide I made a while ago on my forum just to inform people that it's really easy to do.

Before we start please note that I am using HaRepacker v 3.5 for this tutorial.
Download link can be found

Okay here we go! I'm going to be posting 2 Guides: How to ADD a song to the Sound.wz, and how to REPLACE a song in the Sound.wz using HaRepacker

We are going to used the song ' ' in this guide. How you aquire this song is not up to me. You may use any song as long as it's in Mp3 format.

How to ADD a song to the Sound.wz

Step1:
Open your Sound.wz in Harepacker ~

Step2:
Double click on Bgm03.img
chukiba - [Tutorial]Sound.wz Editing - RaGEZONE Forums
*note* If your trying to add a song to an existing map, you may follow Step2 in Bgm00.img to Bgm25.img. I just picked a random Bgm.img for this guide.

Step3:
Highlight Bgm03.img and click on Property, then click on Add Property then fill in the details I have here but with your song.
MAKE SURE you don't have spaces between the song titles. For example, if I was adding the song 'Party Rock', I would have to add it in as 'PartyRock'. In the 'Content' space, locate your song.
*note* Remeber that it must be in mp3 format!
Click Submit.

Final Step:
Highlight Bgm03.img then Dump it by clicking on XML, then DUMP with these settings.
Then save your Sound.wz and place your dumped xml file in your Server's wz files :] Get ingame and test it out!
If you want other people to have the same song in their Sound.wz, either make them follow this guide, or upload your xml/Sound.wz for them.
You should probaly have an NPC that changes the maps song or change a map's song using HaCreator etc to the one you added in order to test it.

In case you do not own a Maplestory private server, do the following guide:

How to REPLACE a song in your Sound.wz

In this guide were are going to be using the song, ' ' again but this time we are going to replace the song 'FloralLife' in Bgm00.img. I reccommend making a back-up Sound.wz incase anything goes wrong or if you'd like to reverse any changes made.

Step1:
Open your Sound.wz in HaRepacker

Step2:
Double Click on Bgm00.img and highlight FloralLife.

Step3:
Click on Property then Remove Property. Rename the song you'd like to add to the song your replacing. In this case, were renaming the song EvenIf to FloralLife.

Step4:
Highlight Bgm00.img again and click on Property. Then click on Add Property and copy these settings. In the content field, locate the song you would like to add.
*Note* Make sure you renamed it to FloralLife!
Click on Submit and save your Sound.wz.

Congrats! You've replaced a song! FloralLife plays in maps such as Henesys and the Free Market so you can hear your song there! You can replace most songs ( haven't tried replacing them all lol ) so just go crazy with it :D

Thank you for taking the time to read this guide. Hope it helps! ^_^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HEY you play S4 league! 0-0
I am a Semi Pro 28 xD

but thanks for the guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got 1 problem is..its works for me..but how can i use back the original sound.wz?instead its say the files is open with harepacker.cause i make mistake with map.wz..so now i cant open back..can teach me?how to delete or unselect?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
off topic question. how do you open the .wz to see the files inside, like Character.wz> (list of img files)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
off topic question. how do you open the .wz to see the files inside, like Character.wz> (list of img files)

If I'm correct at what your saying, you want to dump the file. [This is for v4.0, might be different for you]

Click on the .img you want > 'Tools' > 'Export File(s) to > 'IMG'

OR

If you're talking about just looking at the WZ in HaRepacker (or w/e you use), just open it and hit the little '+' symbol :3

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i got 1 problem is..its works for me..but how can i use back the original sound.wz?instead its say the files is open with harepacker.cause i make mistake with map.wz..so now i cant open back..can teach me?how to delete or unselect?

Sorry bro, I'm having a hard time trying to understand you :/ In order to get a clean Sound.wz, just use your MSSetup again. I did however warn you guys to make a spare back-up Sound.wz incase of any unwanted changes ( basically copy + paste ).

As for your second problem, I'm guessing you opened BOTH the Sound.wz and Map.wz in Harepacker at the same time or?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I change my FM's sound.wz? Any idea?

After I changed it , my FM song is still the normal one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice guide, chukiba!
I just have one question. You only need to add the xml to the server's .wz directory when you plan on making an NPC for changing the BGM, right?

Back