• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ [Tutorial]Sound.wz Editing

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Should've posted this here a looong time ago :eek:

I've noticed that not alot of servers have custom music added.
It's a really nice feature to have, so I decided to just copy+paste an old guide I made a while ago on my forum just to inform people that it's really easy to do.

Before we start please note that I am using HaRepacker v 3.5 for this tutorial.
Download link can be found

Okay here we go! I'm going to be posting 2 Guides: How to ADD a song to the Sound.wz, and how to REPLACE a song in the Sound.wz using HaRepacker

We are going to used the song ' ' in this guide. How you aquire this song is not up to me. You may use any song as long as it's in Mp3 format.

How to ADD a song to the Sound.wz

Step1:
Open your Sound.wz in Harepacker ~

Step2:
Double click on Bgm03.img
chukiba - [Tutorial]Sound.wz Editing - RaGEZONE Forums
*note* If your trying to add a song to an existing map, you may follow Step2 in Bgm00.img to Bgm25.img. I just picked a random Bgm.img for this guide.

Step3:
Highlight Bgm03.img and click on Property, then click on Add Property then fill in the details I have here but with your song.
MAKE SURE you don't have spaces between the song titles. For example, if I was adding the song 'Party Rock', I would have to add it in as 'PartyRock'. In the 'Content' space, locate your song.
*note* Remeber that it must be in mp3 format!
Click Submit.

Final Step:
Highlight Bgm03.img then Dump it by clicking on XML, then DUMP with these settings.
Then save your Sound.wz and place your dumped xml file in your Server's wz files :] Get ingame and test it out!
If you want other people to have the same song in their Sound.wz, either make them follow this guide, or upload your xml/Sound.wz for them.
You should probaly have an NPC that changes the maps song or change a map's song using HaCreator etc to the one you added in order to test it.

In case you do not own a Maplestory private server, do the following guide:

How to REPLACE a song in your Sound.wz

In this guide were are going to be using the song, ' ' again but this time we are going to replace the song 'FloralLife' in Bgm00.img. I reccommend making a back-up Sound.wz incase anything goes wrong or if you'd like to reverse any changes made.

Step1:
Open your Sound.wz in HaRepacker

Step2:
Double Click on Bgm00.img and highlight FloralLife.

Step3:
Click on Property then Remove Property. Rename the song you'd like to add to the song your replacing. In this case, were renaming the song EvenIf to FloralLife.

Step4:
Highlight Bgm00.img again and click on Property. Then click on Add Property and copy these settings. In the content field, locate the song you would like to add.
*Note* Make sure you renamed it to FloralLife!
Click on Submit and save your Sound.wz.

Congrats! You've replaced a song! FloralLife plays in maps such as Henesys and the Free Market so you can hear your song there! You can replace most songs ( haven't tried replacing them all lol ) so just go crazy with it :D

Thank you for taking the time to read this guide. Hope it helps! ^_^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HEY you play S4 league! 0-0
I am a Semi Pro 28 xD

but thanks for the guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got 1 problem is..its works for me..but how can i use back the original sound.wz?instead its say the files is open with harepacker.cause i make mistake with map.wz..so now i cant open back..can teach me?how to delete or unselect?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
off topic question. how do you open the .wz to see the files inside, like Character.wz> (list of img files)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
off topic question. how do you open the .wz to see the files inside, like Character.wz> (list of img files)

If I'm correct at what your saying, you want to dump the file. [This is for v4.0, might be different for you]

Click on the .img you want > 'Tools' > 'Export File(s) to > 'IMG'

OR

If you're talking about just looking at the WZ in HaRepacker (or w/e you use), just open it and hit the little '+' symbol :3

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i got 1 problem is..its works for me..but how can i use back the original sound.wz?instead its say the files is open with harepacker.cause i make mistake with map.wz..so now i cant open back..can teach me?how to delete or unselect?

Sorry bro, I'm having a hard time trying to understand you :/ In order to get a clean Sound.wz, just use your MSSetup again. I did however warn you guys to make a spare back-up Sound.wz incase of any unwanted changes ( basically copy + paste ).

As for your second problem, I'm guessing you opened BOTH the Sound.wz and Map.wz in Harepacker at the same time or?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I change my FM's sound.wz? Any idea?

After I changed it , my FM song is still the normal one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice guide, chukiba!
I just have one question. You only need to add the xml to the server's .wz directory when you plan on making an NPC for changing the BGM, right?

Back