Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The game seems interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Back with more...
If you get a dll error, download it here.

Here's also a database update.
Download it here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This code, oh man, there's so much stuff to go through. The trickiest part right now I think is knowing what files go where, as it seems everything is just jumbled together and there's no real documentation on how things should be setup.

This is really hackish at the moment, but this is current progress:

dq35830 - The game seems interesting. - RaGEZONE Forums

I can't actually make a character yet because I think my setup is messed up or something with servers. Not sure yet, I don't get any errors or warnings, the button to make the character just doesn't do anything. There's quite a few client command lines I'm still going through, I don't know how to register accounts yet or anything but there seems to be a test account coded in.

Everything you need to compile is included from what I've seen so far. Some of the code requires minor edits if you are using Visual Studio 2008 or above (I've not tested on 2005, more on that later). For example, some older functions are used that don't play so nice now, older methods of using the standard template library don't work any longer, and just lots of now deprecated functions are used (they generate tons of warnings, but are still 'ok').

The projects are setup pretty poorly too, it's easier if everything is done in Debug mode since the Release configurations aren't in sync. Also, since VS debugging is important, Debug mode makes the most sense to use for a while. I tried to work with this project on my 32-bit XP machine, but it just couldn't handle it. Even on my high end desktop, I crashed Visual Studio a lot already trying to go through stuff.

The biggest obstacle most people will have with trying to modify this project is how much resources are needed for compiling. If you don't have a high end system, you are going to be looking at huge initial compile times, and then depending on how many files are affected by your changes, rather lengthy compile times afterwards. There's no real way around this, but if you want to know how painful it can be, try to compile boost from source or Ogre3D or any other large software package.

This is definitely going to take some time to get cleaned up and setup so it's more usable than it currently is. I'll be working on it off and on throughout the next couple of weeks, but there's so much to go through that it will take quite some time to understand what is going on to be able to evaluate the current state of it all.

Anyways, over the next couple of days I'll start putting together quick mini-guides on getting past the initial problems with the code so people can look into it more. The site that added all of the stuff at the top of each file didn't know what they were doing and added code breaking content. As a result, you have to go through and fix it all, which isn't hard, but takes a while to run.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome! Too bad you couldn't create an account yet, but did you try client version 8.17? Or was the 8.17 related to something else? I couldn't really make out anything they wrote.
There aren't any guides (That I know off), as of now, a couple of people are working on this as well. These are the first (real) screenshots I've seen though.
Anyways... If I find new stuff, I'll be sure to post it.

Reaction score
Wow, atleast now I know that the problem is on my side, I messed around so much probably should do a reformat and start over =P Im glad someones making progress tho.

edit: What sql server are u using ? Im using 2008, problem is that I even can't connect to it using navicat while using 127.0.0.1, so I have to use ZARUNA-PC\LOCALHOST so im guessing id have to write that too in the config, but still no luck x.x I added system DNS for ODBC, still same outcome. mysql so much better ;_;

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update:

Everyone
Now I will teach or tell you something about QQXY Beta 1.0 which gave you two days ago for a test.

First,I believe that there are many people to be in the game.
Of course,you can see, after the game is successful, it is black.
Don't worry .In some days I will make a patch to let you have a complete game.

1,If you can't install the sql 2005,you can also use sql 2008 instead.
Some people can't install another of them. You should change your XP system.
2,Database is repair by guafuxiaole,and you should know he repair it with menghuanglongzu .So there also has mang BUGs in it.

3,If you set it up in linux,you will have a surprise in it.

4,We give the server to you in a free.We don't ask you for any money. Play it only by yourself,and we can't guarantee
you to get in the game in a certain.

5,If you have any problems , suggestions and dissatisfactions ,come to the QQ group 138715146 to tell me.
I won't be angry with anybody.
Thank you for a lot.
I will give another QQXY Beta 2.0 to you for a test in a soon .
Goodbye and have a good rest.

Yours Deathbringer forever

I just copy pasted this, I didn't translate it myself.
I did edit the lines a bit, so it's less confusing.
It's just some info on the current development, I guess.
At least we now know that it isn't complete.
For now, the best thing is to wait for the next release and hope there's progress made to actually be able to enter the game perfectly.

For now, this is all I have. If I find more, I'll post it.

Reaction score
Finally got it to connect, let's see how far I get till i run into another thing =P

Edit: Trying to get client to work, also my database doesnt contain a account in it ;_;

Failed to found 3d provider "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"! -.-

Edit121212: Bypassed it, client running with a black screen, LOL.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally got it to connect, let's see how far I get till i run into another thing =P

Edit: Trying to get client to work, also my database doesnt contain a account in it ;_;

Failed to found 3d provider "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"! -.-

Edit121212: Bypassed it, client running with a black screen, LOL.

lol.
Well done, nerb.
Now wait for the path and you're good to go.:thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A little more progress:
dq35830 - The game seems interesting. - RaGEZONE Forums

Right now, I'm using a define to set the Developer flag so you can get a login screen. The default screen shows nothing but a background image (black image = missing files, they have to be copied from other folder) because it's expecting a commandline from the launcher. I found some more configs to update in the server files (you need to update lua and ini) so I fixed a lot of the issues I was having before with nothing working at character creation.

The account creation and real login process still has to be looked at. Right now the login server crashes at some point after startup so running it in Visual Studio should help determine why. It's a bit late now here, so I'll resume on this later tomorrow.

As for what I'm using, I'm only using the original files from the initial post. I've not looked at or gotten into any of the other posts that contain updates stuff that have been mentioned.

This is not a guide! This is just a little summary of what I've done so far to get where I'm at. Some things might be missing, so this is just guidance and not a tutorial or anything.

For cleaning up the files, I wrote the following little tool:
Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
using System.Text;

namespace RemoveComments
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Remove(String[] filenames, String remove)
        {
            foreach (var filename in filenames)
            {
                try
                {
                    if (Path.GetFileName(filename).ToLower() == remove.ToLower())
                    {
                        File.Delete(filename);
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine(ex);
                }
            }
        }

static void Cleanup(String[] filenames)
        {
            const String pattern = @"\/\/\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*.*\n";
            foreach (var filename in filenames)
            {
                try
                {

String contents;
                    using (var fs = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))
                    {
                        using (var tr = new StreamReader(fs, Encoding.GetEncoding(936)))
                        {
                            contents = tr.ReadToEnd();
                        }
                    }
                    var rgx = new Regex(pattern);
                    var newContents = rgx.Replace(contents, "");
                    using (var fs = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write))
                    {
                        using (var tw = new StreamWriter(fs, Encoding.GetEncoding(936)))
                        {
                            tw.Write(newContents);
                        }
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine(ex);
                }
            }
        }

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Cleanup(Directory.GetFiles(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "*.h", SearchOption.AllDirectories));
            Cleanup(Directory.GetFiles(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "*.c", SearchOption.AllDirectories));
            Cleanup(Directory.GetFiles(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "*.cpp", SearchOption.AllDirectories));
            Remove(Directory.GetFiles(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "*.txt", SearchOption.AllDirectories), "技术必看.txt");
            Remove(Directory.GetFiles(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "*.url", SearchOption.AllDirectories), "更多精品源码软件.url");
        }
    }
}
Just create a new project, compile, then place it in the base folder where the 4 main folders are and run. It will take some time, but it should be a lot faster than trying to use regex replace via search in files in Visual Studio. The code could actually be made a lot better as it's inefficient now, but it was just a quick and dirty fix. If you don't fix/remove the top comments on every file, you won't be able to compile! This is because of the way VS parses comments.

Here's a little summary of what's been changed code wise in Visual Studio 2010:
Code:
Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\ace\Task.cpp(205):#if (defined (__BORLANDC__) && (__BORLANDC__ < 0x570)) || defined (__MINGW32__) || (defined (_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER <= 1600)) // pushedx: update 1400 -> 1600

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\PackUI\PackUI\Main.cpp(158):	if( (sm = fopen( "UENI.ueni", "w+" )) == NULL ) // pushedx: changed w+r to w+

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\GameServer\anti_bot_header.h(3)://#define USE_TENCENT // pushedx: removed

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\GameServer\QGuild.cpp(2063):	if (m_iter == QGuildQuestNode::guild_quest_hash_.end()) // pushedx: update code to match current SC++L rules

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\Base\Hdr\ConfigPlatform.h(75):	#if 1 // pushedx: We can actually use this now in VS2010

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\Game\Src\QNetHandler.cpp(9)://#define USE_QQ_PROTECT // pushedx: taken out for now

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\Game\Src\QCSLogin.cpp(125):			iter_info.gw_0_addr_ ="127.0.0.1"; // pushedx: updated ip

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\Game\Src\QGameEngine.cpp(473):		loginMethod = DevelopClient; // pushedx: Changed TencentClient to DevelopClient

Y:\QQBase\XYcode\Game\Src\QGameEngine.cpp(544):#define USE_UI_PACK // pushedx: uncommented

The projects you need to open and compile are (where QQBase is the main folder):
Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\ace\ACE.sln
Y:\QQBase\XYcode\PackUI\PackUI.sln
Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\RouteManager.sln
Y:\QQBase\XYcode\QRender.sln

Everything should be compiled in debug mode. A few projects may need project settings updated a little, but it's mostly minor stuff. 3 project inside QRender will fail always because they aren't actually code projects: Class_Cfg_no_build, UI, Doc_no_build. Ignore those errors.

Once everything builds, you can run "PackUI.exe" from the XYcode folder to generate "UENI.ueni". Copy this file into the "XYclient" folder. In addition, the "ClassCfg" folder needs to be copied over to the "XYClient" folder as well. Inside XYclient some IPs need to be updated, so check the ini files mostly.

The servers are built to "Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\bin". There are quite a few ini files and lua files that need to be updated IP wise. In addition, your database strings have to be fixed as well. The batch file I use to start everything in order (still a work in progress though) goes like this:
Code:
start loginServer.exe
PING -n 15 127.0.0.1>nul
start DBCenter.exe
PING -n 15 127.0.0.1>nul
start RewardServer.exe
PING -n 15 127.0.0.1>nul
start WorldServer.exe
PING -n 60 127.0.0.1>nul
start InstServer.exe
PING -n 15 127.0.0.1>nul
start low_gateway.exe
PING -n 15 127.0.0.1>nul
start LogServer.exe log.txt
Some PCs might need longer delays as they are timing delays to let the exe's startup.

The database related stuff is in "Y:\QQBase\XYcode\servers\bin\sql". The "login.sql" required a few little changes to execute without errors, but it's not terribly important right now. Basically: login.sql => QQlogin and QQtempdb database, log.sql => QQlog database, and world.sql => QQreward database. I've not even begun checking out this stuff yet.

If everything is mostly setup how I currently have it (once again I might have left out some information by accident), the servers should look something like this: QY can then be started and you can login with any user name and password. You can then create a new character that should spawn in the world as a GM (top right icon that is green in a few of my screens).

I'll post some more refined information later on.

Reaction score
Interesting :D Gonna see with the info provided if I can get the same files to build/run =P

When im trying to compile your tool it's complaining about the same comment lines, this basicly my first time so also no idea what kind i have to pick and where to place your code, tho trying to figure it out myself I probably learn more =P

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
QQ Journey universal database query tool.

This might not be needed, but you might find use for it.

(I didn't re-upload, because the file is rather small and shouldn't take to long.)

I might edit the post and translate it later.
But it shouldn't be hard to understand, even if you use a translator.

西游数据库查询使用说明 By Deathbringer

QQ西游万能数据库查询工具
QQXY即将火爆开区
各位GM必备此品
由Deathbringer在多年的开发经验中 ,总结开发的多数据库查询工具,在开区中需要同时操作多个数据库,这样需要切换不同的查询工具,浪费了系统资源,该工具可以同时执行 多个数据库同时查询,界面简单,类似sql server 2008界面,方便实用,占用系统资源较少,专为QQ西游开区开发。
目前支持的数据库有
1.SQL Server.
2.Orcale.
3.Access.
4.MySql.
5.支持mysql/MSSQL/Orcale/Access
6.开区专用
可以F2 复制对象名比如选中表F2,该表处于编辑状态即可复制 F5执语句!
(注意:软件需要.NET环境)
软件无毒 若国产XXX报毒 信任即可 你懂的。

By Deathbringer

Reaction score
Eh, i get a msg that my IP is banned o.o, anyway when translate it with google it looks like its just navicat cus it can connect to those type's, navicat gives me errors while running the sql files tho. sql managment didn't give me those errors but after reformat I can't get it to install anymore -.- atleast I got client/server working now xD

Reaction score
It is nice =P files are messy and need to make some changes to some files to get it to work ( like pushedx said ) if you read his posts it should get you pretty far xD I didn't actually get ingame yet gonna work on it more today, ill add more later xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just spoken to the developer and he said the updated version will be released soon.

Not sure if you noticed but that client in the release contains no maps..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mh ye, Omi already posted that, I aint waiting for files of someone idk tho, lol. his repack was queit buggy. The server for me is working like the screens of pushedx now, basicly just need the account to test it out :| No idea where he found it xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mh ye, Omi already posted that, I aint waiting for files of someone idk tho, lol. his repack was queit buggy. The server for me is working like the screens of pushedx now, basicly just need the account to test it out :| No idea where he found it xD

He also said that this release is buggy to hell.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just spoken to the developer and he said the updated version will be released soon.

Not sure if you noticed but that client in the release contains no maps..

Good to hear, I've slowly been looking through stuff. I mean it all seems decent to work from, if this stuff interests you, but it's a massive game and a lot to learn.

As for maps, look inside the Resource folder instead. I've explored a lot of the world and it looks normal, kinda nice actually. I can put together more screenshots if needed. I don't know if there are instances or something, but I'm guessing that's just an extra folder and nothing goes there.

The hardest part of this project is figuring out what is and isn't needed, which brings me to the next point. Trying to repack the files to make it more convenient to work from is really tough. I've given it a few go's but always end up cleaning up too much and breaking something. Another problem is, the # of changes to get stuff working isn't many, but you end up having to redistribute another 600mb file, which is no good.

Instead, a source only build would probably be better, but everything is mixed up so much I'm not sure how doable that is without causing more breaks. Either way, it's going to take some time to work out a good way to handle it and then work with future updates from the development team.

If you have made most of the changes I mentioned in my earlier post, you can login with any account/pass since you won't really be "logging in". You'll be on a local development account that has GM powers for testing our the game. When you do go to join the world, your LoginServer will crash because there are no accounts and it looks for one, but that's ok. As long as you updated all the configs for client/server (there are quite a few), you should be able to get in game.

But as I said before, I don't have a definite guide of what to do and what to change yet because making something that can be easily replicated has proven to be quite tricky with these files. I'm getting there, but every mess up means I have to start over so it's been quite time consuming! On the good side, doing the same thing over and over helps build up more familiarity with the files, so it's not time wasted.

Reaction score
Lol, ive tried that yesterday and i notice the game would load, but when it finished loading it gave me a ingame msg, when clicked the button it close client, but your right.. now that the server is running the way it should I got in the game xD the graphics are better then I expected :eek: the hair/shadows and chars look rly cool xD Its scary how much it reminds me of ESO, even the list of titles are at the same spot so kinda familiar to the game already tho i see it for the first time xD anyway yea, the moment i created the char and entered the world the login server crashed.

Next release from them probably fixes that, well he said it would, also in first repack he alrdy shared a .exe file for the client ( might be for a newer client ) the current official client is alot more organized, which is normal I guess since the one we got is some dev beta crap client, haha.

Thanks pushedx!~

Btw my text is REALLY small i noticed thats not the case for you xD also don't change music settings, it crash the client, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back