• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tutorial] How to fix collision/Physics mesh to prevent tree climbing glitch

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
After my brain cells got bored, it took me about 2 minutes to figure out I should figure out how to do this, and since I already knew basic process I started working on a solid solution.. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you a video narrated tutorial on how to edit collision aka. physics mesh so you would prevent people from glitching and climbing on trees once and for all!

It's 6:35 AM, and I'm going to sleep, I will post the thread now and video should be up within 60-90 minutes from posting

Things you will need:

Applications:

Bleblebles' mesh converter

Autodesk 3ds Max 2012

Working Studio with a working Physics editor

Files:

Original tree .SCO (1 tree is 1 sco.. so for all trees you'd need all SCOs, this is NOT A UNIVERSAL SOLUTION FOR ALL TREES)

Trivia:
.mpx file is Eclipse engine's Physics mesh file. it stores the explicit mesh copied from the sco and uses it as a collision/occlusion for the player.

bleblebles' converter is only useable solution since converting back and forth won't mess up location of the item and it's origin, you will only have to tweak the central point a bit, unlike with the exporter for 3ds max, it would be more complicated.

no textures are required for this, and after you use, you CAN delete the new collision only sco file since it's no longer needed (or keep it just to be safe)

Some studio builds (like mine) have badly converted SCO files in them and people with such files will not be able to convert SCOs to OBJ! Make sure you get the appropriate files from the RageZone Community Edition release.

First player who talked to me about trees wanted to pay me to make this for him.

For more info feel free to leave me a message or even better write a reply here in the thread (so others can see your problem and might help as well)

Download fixed Colorado trees
I've compiled and rared all trees that are used in Colorado and posted a thread in the release section.. go there by clicking here

http://forum.ragezone.com/f790/colorado-trees-fixed-collision-prevent-950715/#post7734247

Now here's the tricky part.. There are few things I would like to purchase asap so I could provide better quality videos because with it I would get new hardware and software however I'm in a tight bind right now when it comes to money.. A simple like here on the forum will be enough, but if anyone's deviant enough to thank me with a little tip, They can tip me through my paypal. my E-mail is ckz3vict@gmail.com

(Selling is against the rules, that I know, I'm not sure if simply stating that there is a "donation" option is against the rules as well)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Once all trees are completed, will they update in level editor where they are currently are? Or how am I to change the current trees in Colorad o?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Engine refers to the .mpx file as it's collision model. Whatever you do with that for each model is what will be used as a reference globally.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you! You're tutorial worked great! Now on to the next issue!

Back