• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

League of Legends Server EMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I fully agree with ones who want that emu! Can't wait to see some beta releases from the LoL server core ))

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i agree to, last week i have a lan party and lot of people want to play LoL a server emu should by grate that time...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
an Emu would be great for playing LoL LAN-Parties and the WONT replace Riots Server because regulary you wan't to play against others and want to use the (quiet good) match making system.

The Emu would just be great for - as i said - playing games with some friends locally if riots servers are to slow or down (happens to often).

If someone is currently working on decrypting the protocol we can start a wiki or something like this and put our work together, i don't think that an emu would harm riots position.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
no one working on this?
i have a lan on september and i want to play lol there =D

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ummmm...

There is zero reason to make a LoL emulator.

Reason being, there is so much you can attain by yourself, you can play all heroes - its bugless (mostly), and again, there is no reason to.

If you wanted to waste time on an emulator.. by all means - go ahead and do so.. but there is absolutely no reason to do it with that game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would be pretty sweet for Lan Parties actually.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty sweet for Lan Parties actually.

yea, it really would. For some people who don't really understand the whole good reasons to have emulators, let me break it down.

Not everyone always has internet = Lan a great idea.
If Riot ever closed = We can still play it
Emulators also has benefits = Customs

I personally really like the game and still play it with my wife, but it never killed anyone having a backup server allowing to have as a safe keep as well.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yea, it really would. For some people who don't really understand the whole good reasons to have emulators, let me break it down.

Not everyone always has internet = Lan a great idea.
If Riot ever closed = We can still play it
Emulators also has benefits = Customs

I personally really like the game and still play it with my wife, but it never killed anyone having a backup server allowing to have as a safe keep as well.

Agreed. It would also be pretty cool to edit your own things and if there would be more releases, we could even edit the client.
Think of the old DotA. People made their own versions; Naruto, Bleach, self created, etc...
It would be pretty cool if all these things were possible to edit. Think about being able to add your own champions in. With certain tools, we would even be able to create our own champions and add them.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Everyone who objects to making an emulator, I would say, try to see past just the ability to play games offline.

The reason of making an emulator is also, the community can contribute and it's also extremly FUN to make an emulator.
You will gain a lot of experience on how to create a real server, as an emulator IS a server the only thing different is that you emulate what the official server is doing, but in your own environment.

So, anyone who have objections about making an league of legends emulator, should actually stop using RaGEZONE because RaGEZONE specifically says Server Development Forum. If you don't like an emulator, this isn't your kind of forum.

I'm still interested in an emulator for League of Legends in terms of the fun creating AI for the minions and all that crap, but I still can't due to I'm already in another gaming company.

For anyone who wish to make an emulator I can ensure you will gain a lot of experience on the way, and the experience you gain is useable in the future, you can put that you created an emulator on your CV when looking for certain jobs! Most companies greet people with experience more than high school points.

So once again, DO make an emulator for League of Legends, in terms of education, not because League of Legends itself suck, because they don't.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got enough reasons to make a server for L.o.l!
1: skins....
2: exp...
3: money...
4: custom maps...
5: custom champions...
6: not getting banned to fast...
7: and...
8: champions.....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got enough reasons to make a server for L.o.l!
1: skins....
2: exp...
3: money...
4: custom maps...
5: custom champions...
6: not getting banned to fast...
7: and...
8: champions.....

1: Skins aren't a big deal, you can use every skin and even custom skins if you don't want to pay.
2: Are you serious? lol
3: The reason you also keep playing is so you get IP for a new champ, if there's no goal you won't play as much.
4: Custom maps would be nice, but will also involve contribution in creating a map maker.
5: Custom champs will be the only good reason you stated for the emulator.
6: If you don't suck, troll, grief, spam or be an @$$ to the other players you'll be fine.
7: Isn't really a reason.
8: Read answer 3.

-Don't get me wrong I want an Emulator for it as well, but your reasons makes it seem like you don't even want to play the game.
This would be a good way to play for Lan and perhaps custom champs. It isn't a thing to make things even easier for you.
If you've played for a while, you know experience isn't a big deal at all.
Just sayin'.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1: Skins aren't a big deal, you can use every skin and even custom skins if you don't want to pay.
2: Are you serious? lol
3: The reason you also keep playing is so you get IP for a new champ, if there's no goal you won't play as much.
4: Custom maps would be nice, but will also involve contribution in creating a map maker.
5: Custom champs will be the only good reason you stated for the emulator.
6: If you don't suck, troll, grief, spam or be an @$$ to the other players you'll be fine.
7: Isn't really a reason.
8: Read answer 3.

-Don't get me wrong I want an Emulator for it as well, but your reasons makes it seem like you don't even want to play the game.
This would be a good way to play for Lan and perhaps custom champs. It isn't a thing to make things even easier for you.
If you've played for a while, you know experience isn't a big deal at all.
Just sayin'.
i know but i just REALY want a L.o.L private server and i want to let people work on it because, im a real noob at that things (i cant almost upload a movie on youtube (pls tell me a good upload program to upload from camtasia :D) :closedeyes: and that money for runes or something idk -.- and maybe they can make the max lvl higher then 30 or... I JUST WANT A FREAKING PRIVATE SERVER FROM L.o.L! :<:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PLEASE say that someone is working on a L.o.L private server! ;(

Edit: why isnt enybody answering ;(

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to start developing an League of Legends emulator.
I'm familiar with C#, but don't know how to start.
Ok, first of all packets have to be sniffed and analyzed. Maybe this can be done through a proxy. After that working on the server code can start, but how to build up something from scratch?
It will be good to have some references and examples or even someone who is experienced with emulating. I found this blog while i was crawling the internet for informations it gives some informations about packet structures.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pls someone say that u are working on it :(:
(sorry i dont wanna be super hasty/annoying but i just want a LoL private server :laugh:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry for saying this but I really hope this EMu will never ever work nor will anyone work on it. Riot made a great F2P game with LoL and its really not Hard to handle.

Anyways if anyone really going to work on it good luck.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sorry for saying this but I really hope this EMu will never ever work nor will anyone work on it. Riot made a great F2P game with LoL and its really not Hard to handle.

Anyways if anyone really going to work on it good luck.

i still find it hard to understand how people want some games to be emu'd and other's to never happen? Saying it's a great f2p game doesn't really make your statement very reassuring on why it shouldn't be emulated.
i personally think every game/server should, for lan purposes and in case the server ever dies out or if they made huge changes which fucked the game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back