Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

League of Legends Server EMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im pretty sure LoL will no Die in the next 3 or more Years since there alot of Updates comming etc. Yes you are right with the Emu for Lan Partys didnt thought about this at all but a Privat server as we have thousand from any other Game out there is not needed. Maybe I used the wrong Words to explain exactly what I thought.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
(just say something like "im working on it" :p)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've done some research and found out how it works (hopefully).
Game-client connects first to the PVP.net/Maestro and after that to the game server, both are given to the Client. The PVP.net/Maestro uses TCP and the game server UDP.
First packet is a "Dummy" packet which checks whether the server is online or offline.

---

The "League of Legend.exe" establishes a TCP connection but this doesn't show up in WireShark - someone can help?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wish I had the time to work on it, maybe on weekends, but I'm not doing a complete emulator from scratch. And when we talk about emulator development, it's always a challenge!

If people would like to team up with me, we could start working on it, but no way I am doing it all alone.

:)

regards, Sharp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you like to contact me write a PM with your MSN.
Can't send PM's - Post count too low ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, sure.

I mean, are you willing to put some time on it?

:)

regards, Sharp

Okay. I am on EsperNet IRC Channel #RaGEZONE.

irc.esper.net (6667)

It's just me there at the moment.
Official RaGEZONE IRC is not connecting for me.

regards, Sharp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have done some Network stuff on the emulator, next will be packet reading, analysing and writing.

@ImSharp Never ever online on msn!?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was updating my Ubuntu to 11.10 today! Get on mIRC...

I am downloading Windows Live Messenger on my Windows boot

regards, Sharp

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you do not have a clue about the game server, from what he is and how to get it (get or created) a waste of time. Your server called master was written six months ago, but further work is not progressed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you do not have a clue about the game server, from what he is and how to get it (get or created) a waste of time. Your server called master was written six months ago, but further work is not progressed.

We see how it goes, everything about making an emu is experience and enjoyable to do - not easy though.

regards, Sharp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We see how it goes, everything about making an emu is experience and enjoyable to do - not easy though.

regards, Sharp
just think about how happy u will make much people (especially me :D:) and u can even get money with it (much private servers got donate :rolleyes:).

Reaction score
You can enable the developer console in the PvP.net client via bytecode hacking, changing a return false to a true. from there you can get raw data output logs. Combine those with packet logging and the PvP.net service would be a possible task to emulate. Issue really lies within the C2S -> S2C client interactions ingame, no one would have a clue how to emulate those properly without a lot of research.

Why do I think I know what I'm talking about? Oh right I've done tons of whitehat hacking for Riot. Riot are normally very laid back and relaxed and generally nice guys. Something on the level of emulation that could cause them profit loss they may snap their jaws down fairly hard. I suggest you let this project die.

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Good Idea I'd Like to See this. For them who don't Why are you here? Am i wrong this is a server emulator/ Development site? To say what ever game you ran or tried to run brought you here
These people are here for the same reason. Just because you wanted to run a server of your choice and don't what to with this then don't. These people do. This is the game that draws them to these forums now. Just as your game did you. I will never discourage any one. Well Less they are just dumb but that's a different story.

Reaction score
No, there's lots of things better left untouched. You only create an emulator or run a private server if you believe there is room for improvement. But even if someone makes an Emulator for league of legends, we dont have the means or tools for custom content. All it would promote is piracy of skins, screwing riot out of money. There's no real extras that would be added, we can't make our own champs, we can't make our own skins (maybe) so what point is there in having an EMU. Free skins and runes? That's useless that just fucks over riot.

So yes, there are times its ok to say no. MAINLY when the EMU just promotes piracy. It's like when geohot created his jailbreak for the PS3 it was focused on running priated games, not allowing homebrew. Thus, i don't like Geohot he promotes piracy instead of being a homebrew activist.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do not see any gameplay enhances/more "fun" coming out of playing a private server for League. Plus, you shouldn't steal money from our awesome friends at Riot. ):

For experience though, this project would be great.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just think about how happy u will make much people (especially me :D:) and u can even get money with it (much private servers got donate :rolleyes:).

I am not thinking about money on this :)

The only reason I would try to make an emu for this game is personal experience and fun.

I don't think it will be an easy task, but it will be nice to try

regards, Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back