Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bright Shadow Online Databases

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It has come to my knowledge that several people are interested in this game so I release the database of this game so it's easier for people to emulate.

I stole this from Gamepot USA because they didn't secure their poop.

Download:

- KillerStefan

PS: Keep me updated about the development in this thread.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, mate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well Ive been looking through the files. I can see lots of Fantasy Earth Zero (FEZ) databases, and databases that belong to the Bright Shadow minigames on facebook, but nothing really for the actual Bright Shadow game itself. I admit I'm new to this so I'm probably not looking at things right, but so far that's how it looks to me.

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Well Ive been looking through the files. I can see lots of Fantasy Earth Zero (FEZ) databases, and databases that belong to the Bright Shadow minigames on facebook, but nothing really for the actual Bright Shadow game itself. I admit I'm new to this so I'm probably not looking at things right, but so far that's how it looks to me.

Well I checked it and the db included names of mobs in Bright Shadow and the stuff was labeled as such.
Have to admit I haven't really looked into it so I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey ungr, Stefan was redirecting people here who were interested in working on a private server? I've been doing some research in regards of trying to get around any legal issues (still nub to the whole private server thing XD) and apparently you have to emulate the game engine in order to avoid copyright infringement? Was wondering what the status is on that, I'd be more than willing to help. Also, I'm a grammar nazi, and since the scripting (I've messed with some for other games) seems pretty straightforward; I could probably go over any in-game typos, and even throw in some quests if this thing really takes off. PM me or whatever, just wanna know what the status is on this project. Best of luck.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,
Well yeah I'm working on getting info that a coder would need to make a emulator.

Sounds good, but like you say IF it takes off. Doesn't look like there is quite enough interest yet, but its picking up. If I had a coder I would try to push this project forward into the development status.

Thanks for your interest, and check back later to see what we have figured out.

Reaction score
Yeah man, I've seen a LOT of people in-game pushing for a private server, saying they would love to see some custom items/quests and such.

And as far as the game engine itself? You're on your own buddy, idk jack about coding; but I -might- be able to mess with quests and whatnot, I'd have to sit down and really look at it. I don't think it's so much of an issue trying to get people interested as it would be to advertise for it. Then again, ads are cheap, and we could always spread through word of mouth :p But yeah, I've talked with a bunch of guys who say they'd be interested and would at least -try- the server.

I'm thinking, though, that if I were to make a server (dunno if you would want to implement this or not, just an idea) I would try to implement a Stylist (NPC who can change character hair/face/eyes/colors in-game). Either that, or an NPC who sells cash-shop character changing items like that. I think one of the things that kills this game for a lot of people is just the entire cash shop in general. Idk, give me your thoughts, lemme know if you wanna get ahold of me via. AIM (I live in Pennsylvania if that helps with what time zone I'm in :p)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understand its flash game? or client-server bcuz i see also this:

Reaction score
fail question is fail.
That URL you just posted is the homepage for BrightShadow. You need to download the client in order to play on their servers. I was -pretty- sure that was common knowledge, but I may be mistaken. lol

Reaction score
ya im working on the decryption/encryption routines so far i've only managed to reverse some of the recv socket up to where the buffer is being pointed too. I've atleast been able to see my username and password in hex form and a few other things. But im not a full expert on it.

Ungr in order to make it local host its thru the client. A simple hex edit or a edit of the updater should fix this. Havent had the chance to find out all the ports that are involved for the game but if you where to give me them that would help out with the packet logger as well...

more to come hopefully.....

If the project goes anywhere theres alot that can be done like packet decoded and sql and many ideas to brain storm on.... From what it seems it doesnt look to complicated yet.. like.. (blowfish,radj, etc..)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
stefan will u get the korean stoneage db ? hehe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ya im working on the decryption/encryption routines so far i've only managed to reverse some of the recv socket up to where the buffer is being pointed too. I've atleast been able to see my username and password in hex form and a few other things. But im not a full expert on it.

Ungr in order to make it local host its thru the client. A simple hex edit or a edit of the updater should fix this. Havent had the chance to find out all the ports that are involved for the game but if you where to give me them that would help out with the packet logger as well...

more to come hopefully.....

If the project goes anywhere theres alot that can be done like packet decoded and sql and many ideas to brain storm on.... From what it seems it doesnt look to complicated yet.. like.. (blowfish,radj, etc..)

Well, since I have no experience at all I'll follow your lead. Lets talk over what needs to be done, and I'll do whatever I can. I'll even learn how to do new things if I need to.

It's in the config.xml file c:\gamepotusa\brightshadow\config.xml open that file with notepad the Server IP address and port are both located in that file. If you cannot find them I can tell you them.

Just recently they made a very bad update, and I think the interest for a private server has risen even more. I've got a few more people interested. Basically they took out the Mount that was available in the game, and now the only mounts available are in the potcash shop. Also the Exp has risen to more than 3 times what it used to be. We may need to hurry with this before it entirely dies out. Its a really awesome game if its done like the foreign versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Woah wait, they took the mounts out???? I thought that was just a bug. :blink: glad I have one of the mounts on an alt of mine, sell it for ridiculously high price. XD

In all seriousness though, this would be a perfect time to set up a private server. Try to advertise for it on one of their affiliate sites or a BS site/forum with high traffic, and just let things go from there. Besides, even if you/we/people can't pay for ads, there's always the word-of-mouth method. Let me know what the status is on all of this, I have no idea what I can/would be able to help with, but I'd love to jump in on it. PM me if you want my AIM, we can talk about whatever needs done. Cheers :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well seeing Jonny has been gone for 5 days now I've tried decrypting some of the stuff myself. I haven't gotten very far though lol. I'll keep working on it and post when I actually make some progress other than packet sizes. Since thats all I can see.

Reaction score
Ya sorry about the late posting. I'm working hard on it but it is slow work. I just noticed about the config.xml and have been messing around with it. I never looked just messed with the client. Pm me your msn and we can talk more. Hopefully this project can go somewhere...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... I've been messing around with the packets that the patcher sends to the patch server. I found several links to files that the patcher accessed. I've ripped and uploaded the files for anyone that is interested.

Back