• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Bright Shadow Online Databases

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While Ragezone was down we started up several things elsewhere to keep this project going.
Social Site for anyone interested in updates, and to show your support.

And we started up a development discussion at kodev.com

I will be checking on discussions in all these areas. We are hoping for a little more help in the disassembly of the packet encryption.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, since Jonnybrovo has been working on 12sky2 I have decided to do what I can do, and that is a translation project for the Japanese version. If you enjoyed this game in the past, but didnt like how Gamepot managed the game maybe you will be interested. Im looking for someone that can download and upload new update files as they update the game each time.

In other news Bright Shadow the English version is closing Oct 31st 2010. Loved the game, but gamepot managed it so poorly it was unplayable to me.

Last edited:
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Well, since Jonnybrovo has been working on 12sky2 I have decided to do what I can do, and that is a translation project for the Japanese version. If you enjoyed this game in the past, but didnt like how Gamepot managed the game maybe you will be interested. Im looking for someone that can download and upload new update files as they update the game each time.

In other news Bright Shadow the English version is closing Oct 31st 2010. Loved the game, but gamepot managed it so poorly it was unplayable to me.

Are you implying that you are giving up and that my files didn't lead to something good?
That's sad to hear...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you implying that you are giving up and that my files didn't lead to something good?
That's sad to hear...

I still cannot find anything in the databases you provided. I did find the monster names you were talking about, but they are for a facebook game. Closest thing I have found for database files is some of the server file names in some of the client txt files.

I am not giving up, but I have no choice but to give up for now since I cannot find a coder to help me. The translating will take a little coding knowledge, but its not too much that I cannot handle.

If someone wants to make a Fantasy Earth Zero Private server emulator this is definitely the databases to download.

I appreciate what you have done though it has put me on the right track :thumbup1:

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
I still cannot find anything in the databases you provided. I did find the monster names you were talking about, but they are for a facebook game. Closest thing I have found for database files is some of the server file names in some of the client txt files.

I am not giving up, but I have no choice but to give up for now since I cannot find a coder to help me. The translating will take a little coding knowledge, but its not too much that I cannot handle.

If someone wants to make a Fantasy Earth Zero Private server emulator this is definitely the databases to download.

I appreciate what you have done though it has put me on the right track :thumbup1:

Glad to hear that, let me know when you're making more progress!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay I'm still interested in this thing so is it possible if I get that DB

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, i'm interested in this GAME, please let me know if do you have the server files for this including the client side.

Please feel free to PM ME. meroy.woi@gmail.com
Thank you!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
(Sorry,I'm not very good at English.)
Hello,i want to ask you give me your Bright Shadow database download link.
I want to have your BrightShadow database to help me make a private server.
But i think that download link is can't use now.
I can't download that database,i hope you can upload a new download link for me.
I hope you can help me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, seeing I have been going public with my recent progress with this I will also give a update here, as well as see if anyone can help.

I will start from where I actually did decide to stop doing this project.
The reason I decided to stop was because of the announcement from Gamania that they were reopening Bright Shadow. I decided I wanted to support the game, because I felt that surely they would understand why the game was shut down the first time. They treated me really well, and even made me a GM on the server. However I happened to find out that their new version was going to have the same exp rate etc etc. as the old gamepot version. They told me that they were listening to my feedback, but they trusted their own judgement on the exp rate more than my suggestions. After a while I finally got them to promise that they would fix the exp rate to something lower, but would not happen for several months. I had to quit around this time, and I still do not know if it ever actually happened. About 9 months later I found out that Bright Shadow was closed once again, and this is when I renewed my efforts on making a Bright Shadow Private Server.

I have been able to make some progress, and have even written a program that will talk with the client (just enough to get to the server select screen), but I have a long way to go. I also have found the encryption key that the game uses for the packets, but at this point in time I have to use all my time in learning to program, because that is now the next step that needs to be done. I have found the assembly code that encrypts and decrypts the packets that are used.

There are other options I have come across, and right now I am hoping that things go well. One option I did have, but got rejected was to buy the server files from Gamania themselves. They would not answer my emails directly, but I was able to get through them through a (once was) GM for Bright Shadow EU. I offered to buy the game for up to $10,000.00, but they rejeced the offer, and it even sounds like they may have deleted the files and are never going to offer Bright Shadow to open ever again. So it sounds pretty safe to actually run a Private Server as far as legal issues etc if the client was to ever be edited.
The other option that I am working on at the moment is to buy the server files from someone in Taiwan. They have had a Private Server of Bright Shadow open, but it is currently closed. I was wondering if others here have bought other Private Server files from people in Taiwan or China. And if they have I am wondering what the prices were. I need some sort of Idea as to how much to offer him for his server files.

Thanks for reading, and I hope there is still enough interest here (I know there is interest on facebook ^-^)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thought it might be good to post my recent progress here, once again hoping to find a programmer willing to help.

About a week ago someone contacted me about this project and shared some good info with me, and it stirred me to try some other things I had thought would be useless in the past. It lead me to being able to decrypt the patch server files. Seeing that there are a lot of patch files it may be possible to do quite a bit with the information that I have. The files include the settings for the game, and show what the database is made of. In the files it shows what files it uses for the server and shows what it uses for the client. The client files are also (most of them) part of the patch files. So in reality I have most all of the database files required to make the Private server. I just either need to learn how to program myself or get some help from a programmer somewhere. I am hoping that even if I cannot find anyone here that someone might know someone that could help. Maybe I will even have to break out the wallet and pay someone.

Additionally I have found a program that can extract the wav bmp and png files from the pak files. I also have the program's source so that it can be edited to find the other files that are in the pak files. So if I am missing anything from the patch server files I can extract whatever I need (with a little coding which I can probably do myself) from the pak files.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
I really liked brightshadow as a game ..
So, anyways, I'm just wondering, is there any way at all I could help? I have the files that I downloaded from gamania for BS if that's useful at all..I doubt it, but yeah just wanted to say that :S
>.< Hoping that someone will get this sorted out since I frankly suck at this stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Waited so long for replys from anyone here and I almost gave up.

Ebil you can sign up to my website to get updates on my progress. And I do not think I need those files because I already have them.

What I need to figure out the most right now is converting renderware 3.7 BSP, DFF and ANM files. I have the source code for it (c++) and I also have a maxscript for importing older DFF files, but I just do not know much about code. I know how code generally works, but thats about it.

Just recently I was able to make a small test game to show that it is possible to just remake the game. The reason I have chosen to do this is because I have not been able to find a coder that could help. The game engine I am using has most all of the code I need for the game already done, and I already understand the other gamemaking steps. From what I have read making a MMORPG is very hard and takes a long time, but I think it wont be that bad if I just keep making small updates and grow from very small and basic to large and massive. Also this gives me the flexibility to do anything with the game such as recreate the battle system, implement Jump, Swim, Climb, fly etc.

Anyway here is the link to my test game:

Thanks to the RaGEZONE members that have helped. I really doubt I could have made it this far without you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Getting ready to launch version 0.04 of this project. but I am in need of a VPS. If anyone here could help please PM or post here.

Here are some screenshots, and progress on how this project is coming along.

Body customization
KillerStefan - Bright Shadow Online Databases - RaGEZONE Forums

The male character
\

A couple of the mobs

The only NPC currently in the game so far.

Equip-able clothing/armor

More information can be found at brightshadows.mixxt.com

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Say, does anybody still has the file KillerStefan uploaded? A few of us wanted to create a private server for Fantasy Earth Zero and we'd like any files we can get, but unfortunately, the link seems to be dead and we can't get the files.

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
By massive request re-uploaded!

DOWNLOAD:

PASSWORD:
KillerStefan

It's exactly the same as the original file I uploaded back in the day and seems to contain the Fantasy Earth Zero data people messaged me about on my profile, by PM and even Twitter.

Glad to see the progress you guys made so far by the way!

Kind regards,

KillerStefan

Back