• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

2 Different Realms

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering if is possible to have 2 different realms for 2 different clients on same server.
For example 1 realm for 1.12.x and the other for BC.
Anyone have tryed that? How to do it?
Thx

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Should be no problem; I host 2 realms on my LAN; people from outside can choose which realm to play on. It's not bound to IP numbers, but to ports numbers.

Hope you have enough RAM though...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Should be no problem; I host 2 realms on my LAN; people from outside can choose which realm to play on. It's not bound to IP numbers, but to ports numbers.

Hope you have enough RAM though...

You never explained how it's done:/
Im going to take a guess and say you copy your server folder into a different folder, change your ip so it's not the same as the other one, and do it that way.

But not sure how it would work with mysql, I think if you set your 2nd realm as say root/root because the other realm uses that, not sure it would work.

But some more information on this subject would be nice.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tryed like this:
Created the 2 realmd (bc_realmd), the 2 mangos (bc_mangos) and the 2 server; on the first realmd i added the 2 realm (BC Test) with the same ip but different port. In the realmd.conf for bc_realmd i pur realmID=2 and started the first and the second server and only the realmd.exe from the first server; now i can see 2 realms but if i try to connect with BC client it gave an error about game version :((.
If i start also the second realmd.exe is ok.
Cannot find what's the problem

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
lol, i've just found an easy way:D
No need to copy folders.

Just have ur normal 1 wow server folder.
Load up mdh "mangos databse handler" and make sure it's all set for your db.

Now click on MangosDatabseManagment then select realms.
Click on add, now fill in the name, and the ip it's using "different one from 1st server"
Then click edit to save changes.

But!

I've noticed that with the newer mdh updates that it realy does not like this, and says something about mangos 2 code error "I think the db needs maybe another realm added?"

But on one of the older mdh version, it lets you do it.

To downgrade your mdh click on update button, select get list and then on the left hand side, select the version you want to change to.

Im still working on getting this to work on newest mdh, and i'll let you know what I had todo.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thx EvilRyu, that's great and veeeeeeeeeeery simple :).
I'm gone try this asap.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You never explained how it's done:/
Because he didn't even mention what kind of server he runs...and all work different. I happen to run Kobold...not Mangos:sq_yellow

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, my bad.
I've tryed what EvilRyu said and it's ok but i don't get it how to put a different ip?
For ex my ip is 193.238.xxx.xxx and this is used with the 1.12.x realmd; and for BC realmd what ip i should put?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You should use different ports for the 1.12.x server and the TBC server. Then, add the IP address to your list like this
193.238.xxx.xxx:yyyy (yyyy = port number for 1.12.x)
193.238.xxx.xxx:zzzz (zzz = port number for TBC)

Back