• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

2 Questions, need help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok guys ive got 2
questions :p

1. In Xnova 8.0 Sp1:
* there are some commands to add a buildings,fleets and staff?

2. is there any option to make an language flags like in the orig. ogame?
or any other way so i could make an option for players to choose a language?

thank you for your time and reading.

hope to get a fast good reply ^^

Reaction score
Yes there are some "addons" that we will upload soon for admin panel that lets you add resources, researches, dark matter, buildings and ships... some releases from this forum already have them

Yes it is possible , if you check database every member has a language column (correct me if I am wrong) , I havent tested but if you make an inagem script so that when the player clicks , lets say, frech flag, it will modify the databse and , we already believe you have the french language folder, it will change the language.

Thats in THEORY

EDIT:
PS My 444 Post :X

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm well thanks
but i have another question lol

is there any option to change the server name in Xnova 8.0 sp1 pack?
cause ive uploaded my server and at the website bar in the page i see Xnova
cant find the file to change it...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi kilala

the script you're talking about for editing language exists, but to my knowledge is not included with xnove 0.8.

in my list of things to do, first is completing the english translation for the rocketnova pack, and second is writing a script for you to be able to change the language at login screen. currently the only way to do it is from the admin panel.

stay tuned! (the thing to remember is that interest in the ogame project died a lot over the past year, and is only recently being revived by the Trinity and RocketNova development teams, so things are moving slowly right now!)

Also, as for changing the name of the game... there are a few methods. Firstly, there should be an option to change it from within the admin panel.
If that isn't there (cant remember exactly for XNova 0.8) then your other option is to search through the .mo language files to change it, although that can be a tedious process.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well there is an option in the admin panel
but... when i change it it shows me that changes succed
and when i return to the main page its not working.

and for the full translation of the Xnova language ive almost done soon ill upload it to here
cause as ive checked the english lang. pack that is in the folder
has some missing lines so ive started to translate it by myself.
with google translator and other programms. ^^

im glad that Ogame project revives it will be awesome!!! :p
but as you said that things are moving slowly yeah that sux
im considering to help by joing a team.(if anyone will accept me XD).

thank you for your time & reading.
glad youve commented.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Considering joining a team? There are to my knowledge three teams working on the OGame/XNova project. They are:

XNova UK - Headed up (I believe) by MadnessRed and MSmith. They are working on the XNova 0.9 files. They do not work out of this forum, but instead drop by every now and again to help out.

Trinity Development Team - Headed up by Adrian401Master, myself and Aropop. We are working with the RocketNova 1.0 rc7 files. We work mostly based from this forum, helping everyone as much as we can whilst we work on our own release.

RocketNova Germany - Headed up (I believe) by Inforcer. They are working with the RocketNova 1.0 rc7 files obviously. They work out of .

What skills do you have that are relevant to this project? We are always looking for new members that can pull their weight! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well for a start, any skills in the following areas are always appreciated:

PHP/SQL/CSS/XHtml/JScript/JQuery/AJAX

content generation/photoshop

also if you have paid webspace you wouldnt have a problem sharing, that would be good.

however, thats not to say you NEED these skills. Part of the process is actually learning them, so if you're really interested, we could help you learn.

Send me a PM, tell me a bit about yourself (where you come from, age, etc, what you do for a living)

Back