• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

2013 Mustang - World's Most Powerful V-8?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The Detroit muscle car horsepower race escalated Tuesday when Ford Motor Co. announced that the 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang will have a 650-horsepower V-8 engine.

The company will unveil the GT500 and a freshened version of the regular Mustang on Tuesday night at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Ford says the Shelby version will have the most powerful production V-8 engine in the world, with a top speed of over 200 mph.

The 5.8-liter engine is mated with a six-speed automatic transmission. Ford wouldn't release the gas mileage but said it would be good enough to avoid the U.S. tax on gas guzzlers.

The GT500 beats the most powerful model put out by rival General Motors Co. by 12 horsepower. The Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 is rated at 638 horsepower.

Ford also will unveil the freshened 2013 Mustang, which comes with more aggressive styling and new LED lighting to give it a high-tech look, the company said.

Justice For All - 2013 Mustang - World's Most Powerful V-8? - RaGEZONE Forums

Me want :mad: But the auto trans. needs to go ._.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sudden Mustang meme across Ragezone? o-o

Reaction score
If it has paddle-shifting then you need an auto box for that or it causes too much wear and has a slight lag.

They also keep saying that it has a 650 HP ENGINE so I'm thinking after factoring in weights & drivetrain loss you're looking at closer to 550 HP @ the wheels, if not less.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Dear Santa :(.

Looks amazing. Probably get it as my first car.

Reaction score
isn't the Koenigsegg agera r the most powerful v8? i guess it has a twin turbo in it but its a v8 o.o and the shelby has a supercharger in it anyway looks nice I'd certainly buy this if I had the money :p: but I don't see this happening

Back