• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

2015 Mustang finally revealed

Reaction score
I doubt many people here are gear heads, much less Mustang fans, but the press photos for the 2015 Mustang finally released tonight. I've been following the spy shots for a while and have been really excited to see the production ready version of the car.

UPDATE: Ford now has the official page up on their website.

Next year's Mustang is going global and will now be sold overseas, supposedly lowering the costs it takes for you guys in the East to get one. Along with the standard 3.7 v6 and 5.0 v8, a 2.3L Ecoboost (twin-scroll turbocharger) making an estimated 305hp and 300+tq will also be available as roughly a $500-1,000 option above the base model. It will also feature independent rear suspension, proximity keyless entry and push button start, and a completely redesigned interior.

The Mustang is scheduled to make its debut tomorrow morning at 7am EST. You can stream it live at .

News story:

Ron - 2015 Mustang finally revealed - RaGEZONE Forums

Ron - 2015 Mustang finally revealed - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks amazing even that one especially fits that color , a big difference then and now

The 2011 5.0
The 2011 Mustang was just released, with two brand new engines and transmissions – both six speeds (finally.) The big news, however, are the engines: a new 3.7L V6 that replaces the archaic 4.0L, and, you guessed it, an all new 5.0. Unlike the 5.0L of the olden days, this one actually displaces 5.0 liters. It also pumps out 412 horsepower and 390 tire shredding pound feet of torque. According to Motor Trend, these send the Mustang to 60 miles per hour in a blistering 4.3 seconds and down the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds at 110 miles per hour. In case you didn’t know it already, that is FAST; faster than any Mustang GT has ever been, and faster than any of its competitors.
To all those Challenger SRT-8 and Camaro SS owners – if you find yourself in a situation where you’re tempted to drag race a 2011 Mustang and you notice a 5.0 badge on the fender, beware. All you’re going to be hearing is its sonorous exhaust note – which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

620-ford-mustang-boomer-cars-slide1.imgcache.rev1367537341143 - 2015 Mustang finally revealed - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Ford updated their site and added info -

I really didn't like it at first, however after seeing it on video and in colors other than race red, I'm starting to like it a lot more. Its packing features Mustang owners have been wanting for years out of the s197 so checking out the car in person for the first time is going to be very interesting.

There is a lot of info Ford still has yet to share, such as appearance packages, additional colors, and the SVT/Shelby models which will be sporting quad exhausts based on spy pics. If I decide to trade in my '12 I'll likely be waiting for the first model refresh before buying.

Reaction score
To me the Mustang brand ended in 1970, 71 etc models were okish, and after that it never really felt like a Mustang again.

Don't get me wrong, I do somewhat understand why these are called Mustangs, but the jump in model is too big to really make it a Mustang.
I don't know, The retro look of the 05-14's really brought back the old feel of a Mustang. Sadly they're moving away from that now.

Reaction score
The models of previous years was definitely better, but I still believe that a new name for a muscle car series would have been better.
"Hey guys, lets discontinue one of the best selling sports cars of all time"

Yeah... that would be quite a stupid business move. Slap a pony on anything and Mustang lovers will buy it just because its "the new Mustang". I don't see Ford ever doing this.

Reaction score
"Hey guys, lets discontinue one of the best selling sports cars of all time"

Yeah... that would be quite a stupid business move. Slap a pony on anything and Mustang lovers will buy it just because its "the new Mustang". I don't see Ford ever doing this.
Yeah because if they give a new name to a car, no one will ever buy from them again... This is why every car manufacturer has only 3 models which they have named the same for over 50 years...

The reason why they should have renamed it, is because they poisoned the name for years, this car is the 6th generation, the previous models since 2005 was the 5th generation. The only positive was that the 5th generation at least gave a proper muscle car, whereas the rest was poop.

Milking a brand is bad, it cheapens it, people who love the old Mustangs won't all the sudden buy this one, whereas people who love this car, for it's model etc, would not care about the name.

The only brand that has done a change to a car properly over such a time, is Porsche with the 911, bit by bit it changed, without the car ever not feeling like a 911, the same cannot be said here.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Last year's model was better. This one looks like a Mustang from the back, but the front looks like a Sedan. Not very appealing. It does look like a car for women. And GohanSSJ is right, it's time to start a new series of Muscle cars because the Mustang is getting old. It's nice and all, they can still make some new models, but it's time for them to make something new. The Mustang is over-rated in most cases anyway. I know some models don't even look like Muscle cars, they look like poop-mobiles like the 1993 Mustang GT Fox Body. I hate those models, they are so ugly, and usually the person driving it thinks they're cool just because it says Mustang on it. Whenever I see a Fox Body I want to smash the windows.

Back