Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"2017" & "2020" on VMware

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Have you ever thought of simply not using that gem? xD
Yea, already changed yo using 2020 version, that effect from special item called chi effect. If you used that's item, you will get abnormal status.
Already deployed to public vps, to playing together with other players.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm stuck getting the 2020 build up and running. I've poured through the forums to make sure I've fixed all the things that need fixing. But it looks like I'm still missing something.

One of the biggest obstacles I had to overcome is that I'm only using VMware Player. I don't have a way to set the DHCP settings; the options for network settings through VMware Player are bare bones. There are ways I can go in to edit files for the VMware DHCP and NAT services but those methods were also problematic.

Currently I've managed to get VMnet1 ethernet adapter on host to 192.168.88.1. The VM has an IP of 192.168.88.129, I can ping this IP from host and get a response. The ethernet on the VM reports no connection though it does show bytes sent and received.

I've updated the IP for all the various config files for the Daemons (like gamed.config for GameDaemon) to 192.168.88.129. All the STServers\Config\*.* files that had an old IP have been updated as well.

I've changed the client .bat file for start up to 192.168.88.129.

I'm not sure what else I'm missing. I suspect it due to my VM saying it doesn't have a connection though it does. I'm not sure how to fix that. Between these three things: VM IP, Host IP and VM connectivity, I can only get 2 of the 3 to align for everything I try.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I've updated the IP for all the various config files for the Daemons (like gamed.config for GameDaemon) to 192.168.88.129. All the STServers\Config\*.* files that had an old IP have been updated as well.

It has been a long time since i touched the configs but isnt there also an IP in the database for the server? You updated that one aswel?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has been a long time since i touched the configs but isnt there also an IP in the database for the server? You updated that one aswel?
I did find a few more things after finding this post: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/releases-blade-and-soul-server-files.1177652/post-9016578 and this post: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/releases-blade-and-soul-server-files.1177652/post-9016578

Currently trying to decide if I'm blind or if the commit button in SQL Server management Studio is really well hidden.

I still get the server under maintenance errors. So I have something else wrong.
1695121560900 - "2017" & "2020" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

When I try to view the Apps State website it freezes so I suspect something is wrong with the IP addresses. Time to go back and check it all again.

Found 3 more IPs that needed changing. But still cannot connect.

At this point I think it is my VM not having an internet connection despite being able to ping local host and local host being able to ping it. I can't set up the network profile in the manner most examples have since since I'm only using VM Player. No Vsphere or other robust network configuration help means I have to do a lot of file diving. But intended inadequacy for a free product (VM Player) means those methods don't work.

I tried exporting the VM to Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager but it fails on the VMDK files. No finagling I've tried will get it to work.

I think I have it fixed. I started from scratch again. This time I left the VM config IPs alone. Instead I set a static IP (the IP the VM is set to) on the VM and set the network adapter to Custom (VMnet8). On my host I set VMware Network Adapter VMnet8 to the same static IP. Then I added a second network device to the VM as set that one to NAT.

Both ethernets report having network connectivity and I can ping both of them.

But now...

The client won't start up any more. It was starting up and log in attempts would report a 106 or 206 error. Now it gives me:
1695190930084 - "2017" & "2020" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

Some googling gives me ideas how to fix this. At least this is a DIFFERENT problem than the one I had for the past 3 days.

One server restart later and it is back to being broken.

Started fresh, decided to do the replace all the config IPs attempt again. Got the vm to ping host and host to ping server. All 16 servers are up and running. Ips have been changed in the one DB location and the other relevant areas per https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/do-you-have-a-guide-to-install.1197535/post-9098667 and https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/do-you-have-a-guide-to-install.1197535/post-9098667. Client bat file Ip has been changed.

Still stuck with
1695198566280 - "2017" & "2020" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm confident everything is correct this time. So I'm at a loss for what is wrong now.

Finally connected and got in game. I had to refresh my view of some files. The view I had of them reported the correct Ip but the refreshed view showed the wrong IP.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do i download both 2017 files on vmware and my pc or the vmware files on vmware and game files on my pc? or neither? or the vmware files and game files on the vmware? ty

edit: i made it into the game! yay! does anybody know how to get more hongmoon coins? more store currency? thx and where to find user id?

edit: i managed to get hongmoon coins! yay

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If no translation then no translation, i made some contribution : Here is the improved version of the 2017 Client's translation so thx for @Robyson for the original translation, i just patched some missing spots in the client...

What ramained in chinese:
Items and LOT of skills.(more than 300k lines items, and Skill descriptions)

What is english(what improved and fixed on the original post client):
- Some missing UI fixes
- Chat emote commands translations(still not works with prefixes but with Shift f3 you can open social menu)
- Story subtitles,
- gift messages.
This is still not 100% but it is somewhat good in this way.(it is around 90% of the game not including the items or some skill types)

Just extract to the usual place:
contents\Local\GARENA\THAI\data\local.dat
Thanks for setting this game up and all the collaborative work! Is there anywhere to find the latest english patch files for the 2017 client? This link is dead.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Я нашел еще кое-что после этого сообщения: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/releases-blade-and-soul-server-files.1177652/post-9016578 и этого сообщения: https://forum .ragezone.com/threads/releases-blade-and-soul-server-files.1177652/post-9016578

В настоящее время пытаюсь решить, слеп ли я или кнопка фиксации в SQL Server Management Studio действительно хорошо скрыта.

Я все еще получаю ошибки обслуживания сервера. Значит у меня что-то еще не так.
View attachment 242019

Когда я пытаюсь просмотреть веб-сайт Apps State, он зависает, поэтому я подозреваю, что с IP-адресами что-то не так. Пришло время вернуться и проверить все это еще раз.

Нашел еще 3 IP-адреса, которые необходимо изменить. Но все равно не могу подключиться.

На данный момент я думаю, что у моей виртуальной машины нет подключения к Интернету, несмотря на то, что она может пинговать локальный хост, а локальный хост может пинговать ее. Я не могу настроить сетевой профиль так, как это делается в большинстве примеров, поскольку я использую только VM Player. Отсутствие Vsphere или другой надежной помощи по настройке сети означает, что мне придется много рыться в файлах. Но предполагаемая неадекватность бесплатного продукта (VM Player) означает, что эти методы не работают.

Я попытался экспортировать виртуальную машину в Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager, но с файлами VMDK это не удалось. Никакие ухищрения, которые я пробовал, не заставят его работать.

Я думаю, что у меня это исправлено. Я снова начал с нуля. На этот раз я оставил IP-адреса конфигурации виртуальной машины в покое. Вместо этого я установил статический IP-адрес (IP-адрес, на который настроена виртуальная машина) на виртуальной машине, а для сетевого адаптера установил значение «Пользовательский» (VMnet8). На моем хосте я установил для сетевого адаптера VMware VMnet8 тот же статический IP-адрес. Затем я добавил к виртуальной машине второе сетевое устройство, настроив для него NAT.

Оба Ethernet сообщают о наличии сетевого подключения, и я могу пропинговать их обоих.

Но сейчас...

Клиент больше не запускается. Он запускался, и попытки входа в систему сообщали об ошибке 106 или 206. Теперь это дает мне:
View attachment 242045
Некоторый поиск в Google дает мне идеи, как это исправить. По крайней мере, это ДРУГАЯ проблема, чем та, с которой я столкнулся последние 3 дня.

Один сервер перезапускается позже, и он снова сломан.

Начал все заново, решил еще раз попытаться заменить все IP-адреса конфигурации. Получил виртуальную машину для проверки связи с хостом и с хоста для проверки связи с сервером. Все 16 серверов запущены и работают. Ips были изменены в одном месте БД и других соответствующих областях согласно https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/do-you-have-a-guide-to-install.1197535/post-9098667 и https:/ /forum.ragezone.com/threads/do-you-have-a-guide-to-install.1197535/post-9098667 . IP-адрес bat-файла клиента изменен.

Все еще застрял сView attachment 242046
Я уверен, что на этот раз все правильно. Так что я в недоумении, что сейчас не так.

Наконец подключился и зашёл в игру. Мне пришлось обновить просмотр некоторых файлов. Представление, которое я имел о них, сообщало правильный IP-адрес, но обновленное представление показывало неправильный IP-адрес.

Good afternoon, can you find out in which files and under what conditions you need to change the IP. I've been trying to figure it out for a week now. This is my first experience with a server machine, so excuse me, I may be stupid)

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for such silly question but is there any Tutorial video for beginners of how to play the BnS 2017 Client and its Server 2017 with VMware 16 from start to finish?!

I have older version here and might not be compatible with the 2020 version of its tutorials..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone please advise how many outfits are available in the cash shop for Robyson version of client and server. The problem is I'm struggling to pull down the client due to mega limitations but I am working to get around it. I have tried other clients but there is not much (no offense to those makers I appreciate your work), but I am quite the fashionista! lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone faced with error on 2017 VM?
Code:
2023/11/26-18:29:02.797,CreateCharacterJob.cpp,255,(error),[job], game-world not available, tid:0x8, type:5, state:0, cli-key:0x1, cli-state:2.0, slot-id:B0A0CAC3-CE95-EA11-9AB2-180373FF8F10, wid:7801, name:Test, make-data-size:127, jumping-character:0

seems every service starting, and running, but when i wanna finish the char creation, i get error on client like -> server is not avaliable, and this error appears in lobby daemon

nvm, solved, issue was gamedaemon data check, figured out to reset time and date

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for such silly question but is there any Tutorial video for beginners of how to play the BnS 2017 Client and its Server 2017 with VMware 16 from start to finish?!

I have older version here and might not be compatible with the 2020 version of its tutorials..
My bad guys, corrections of my own question here should be :-

Is there ANY tutorial for beginners of how to SETUP the BnS 2017 client and its own Server 2017 with VMware from starting with downloaded the files and VMware workstation all the way to managed to login into the game client with WMware running finished setup in the background.

I could try out the 2020 version since it does come with instructions but cant risking it for unable to run it properly with my "potato" PC (using older Graphics card here...)

Thx for the video but that's not what im looking for. Also my old question were wrong so i update it with a "reply" of my own in this thread and apologies for my stupidity there for not elaborating the request.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me this is what I did to set up BNS 2017 server.
- Set VMNET1 adapter on host machine (your main PC) under network connections to use the following IP: 192.168.15.11 (with default subnet mask that populates) (keep the server VM set as it is on 192.168.15.12).
- Ensure that after you load the Server VM once, that you go back into the VMWARE settings and check network adapter settings "connected" and "connect at power on", make sure it is still set to host-only.
- Make sure the CPU settings checkboxes are set as in the first pic of this thread.
- For VM 2017 server you need to set time/date regional setting from brazil to US time (on the BNS2017ServerVM) else Game daemon won't start properly and crash after a while.
- Server side - Start stservers, wait 3 minute, then start Bns servers.
- Let gamedaemon.exe run until the DOS box closes by itself, then check task manager to ensure gamedaemon.exe is still opened (if not you still have an issue).
- Try launch game. The client from memory should already be programmed to connect to the IP preset on the box, which I recommend you use, else you need to change many XML.

Personal preference:
I set 2 CPU and it runs sweet on ryzen 3600, I think 4 is overkill but depends what CPU you have. 1 would probably work but it will take a bit of effort to start things up, but I reckon it will still work fine once all loaded and settled with 12-16GB RAM allocated. BNS2020 uses about 25-30% cpu using 2 in my case, so 2017 maybe even less.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me this is what I did to set up BNS 2017 server.
- Set VMNET1 adapter on host machine (your main PC) under network connections to use the following IP: 192.168.15.11 (with default subnet mask that populates) (keep the server VM set as it is on 192.168.15.12).
- Ensure that after you load the Server VM once, that you go back into the VMWARE settings and check network adapter settings "connected" and "connect at power on", make sure it is still set to host-only.
- Make sure the CPU settings checkboxes are set as in the first pic of this thread.
- For VM 2017 server you need to set time/date regional setting from brazil to US time (on the BNS2017ServerVM) else Game daemon won't start properly and crash after a while.
- Server side - Start stservers, wait 3 minute, then start Bns servers.
- Let gamedaemon.exe run until the DOS box closes by itself, then check task manager to ensure gamedaemon.exe is still opened (if not you still have an issue).
- Try launch game. The client from memory should already be programmed to connect to the IP preset on the box, which I recommend you use, else you need to change many XML.

Personal preference:
I set 2 CPU and it runs sweet on ryzen 3600, I think 4 is overkill but depends what CPU you have. 1 would probably work but it will take a bit of effort to start things up, but I reckon it will still work fine once all loaded and settled with 12-16GB RAM allocated. BNS2020 uses about 25-30% cpu using 2 in my case, so 2017 maybe even less.
Yeah thx for the instructions and it work because otherwise im stuck at error code 106 in login menu but managed to get ingame and do all the stuff necessary...
Although i do experiencing crashing outright whenever try to equip/upgrade a Legendary items though (doesnt matter if its accessories or weapons or even Soul Shield [Bopae])...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

thank you for this great Release. I play the 2017er Version on my own ESX Server Public with Friends. Very Nostalgic :)
I have a ask, is there a Way to Fix the Class Quests? Unfortunately, you can't see which combos should be carried out in the Quest classes. U see only "Use -".

Thank you Guys :>

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

thank you for this great Release. I play the 2017er Version on my own ESX Server Public with Friends. Very Nostalgic :)
I have a ask, is there a Way to Fix the Class Quests? Unfortunately, you can't see which combos should be carried out in the Quest classes. U see only "Use -".

Thank you Guys :>
you wont be able to finish the hajoon quest even if you got past that part because at the last quest when the mob tried to knock me down for the tutorial it couldn't knock me down i was like invincible or something and i have no idea how to turn that off lol.. this is blade dancer btw..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you wont be able to finish the hajoon quest even if you got past that part because at the last quest when the mob tried to knock me down for the tutorial it couldn't knock me down i was like invincible or something and i have no idea how to turn that off lol.. this is blade dancer btw..
u know the Combo? 2014+ it was 2+RMB+RMB. But in 2017 u dont have rush on this lvl (later u can skill it).
Unfortunately I can't find anything on the internet for this version. I've been playing BNS for years and know the game pretty much by heart, but of course you can't remember all the combos in the tutorial. ;)

Back