• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[360]Do you think Project Natal will work?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching natal and i got to say i don't believe it will work. There are simply too many intangibles. It may work as an application but for a full fledged game i don't see it working. Like the fly swatting game shown in this video can work but as a full controller for a racer i don't see it working. This is one of those things like online that has massive potential but i just can't get over the doubts. What do you guys think?

Super Mexican
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Do you think Project Natal will work?

This kinda helps me realize that it will indeed work.

Planning on getting it after seeing this video tbh :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

That is hot >=D I wanna play cod with that plox >=D

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I finally got around to watching natal and i got to say i don't believe it will work. There are simply too many intangibles. It may work as an application but for a full fledged game i don't see it working. Like the fly swatting game shown in this video can work but as a full controller for a racer i don't see it working. This is one of those things like online that has massive potential but i just can't get over the doubts. What do you guys think?

i had that kind of perspective when the wii came out. but, it was a huge success. motion games will not be catered much to the hardcore community, more of the casual weekend and family gamers. so, it should be a success, though in a different way than the xbox was.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

i had that kind of perspective when the wii came out. but, it was a huge success. motion games will not be catered much to the hardcore community, more of the casual weekend and family gamers. so, it should be a success, though in a different way than the xbox was.

Ehh.. Idk. This is way more advanced then the wii-mote.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ehh.. Idk. This is way more advanced then the wii-mote.

agreed. but i think it is in a good way. like wii was a small step towards motion gaming, natal is a huge leap.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

agreed. but i think it is in a good way. like wii was a small step towards motion gaming, natal is a huge leap.

I guess. But seeing videos on youtube showcasing Natal it seems far fetched that they could all the things they put in the video. The even say they may use the technology for Halo: Reach.

Reaction score

Yeah i doubt it would work too

When i usually play games, i move REALLY fast, so the sensors may skip some of my movements
Lots of people move fast when playing games

And image playing GTA4 with this :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

shooters are gonna be very akward

Back