Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

3ds Max Angelica Model Creation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I AM RELEASING A BETA VERSION (Recommendeded for 3d artists or hobbyists)

I will not be teaching how to use 3dsmax.

This is dedicated for Angelica2 games.

These plugins sources and documents are shared by Fyyre and it can be obtained through the FW Section in some public releases:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f783/compilation-useful-releases-2021-a-1195963/

---------------Useful links

*Plugins Download:

*Note:
Plugins Run on 3dsmax 6, 7 and 8.

*Extra:

---------------Install Angelica Models plugins in 3dsmax:

1)Dlls path:
Code:
ifc22.dll into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8
immwrapper.dll int c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8

2)Plugins path:
Code:
MoxExporter2.dlu into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins
MuscleSetup.dlm into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins
SkeletonExporter.dle into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins

---------------Locating plugin interfaces within 3dsmax:

1)MoxExporter:
path:

2)MuscleSetup:
path:

3)SkeletonExport:
path:

*The main skeleton is made using Biped.

---------------Output files:
Code:
.smd = Skeleton Model
.ski = Skin Information
.bon = Bone Model
.stck = Skeleton Track Animation
.phy = Not currently used
texture

*Also export .mox files, If anyone knows the correct description for the format comment and I'll add it to the thread.

---------------Update:

*SkeletonEditor tool:

Code:
configs.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\configs
models.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\models
shaders.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\shaders
--- IMPORTANT!!! ---

To use the tool without errors, windows must be in Chinese Region.
Changing the region will not change your windows language and will not affect any installed programs.

How to change windows Region:

Code:
[B]Control Panel->Region->Administrative->Change System Locale->Chinese (Simplified, China).[/B]
*Any problem with the plugins, comment that I will make corrections.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just added a companion tool, I won't be making any more updates to this thread until someone reports an issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update:
I finished compiling the necessary tools for creating models:

clothes
equipment
mounts
flights

I made some test models, but I didn't go into much more depth because I'm not interested in Modeling.

There are at least 2 tools for creating character models maybe more(in the context of pw, in other games I don't know how it works), but these are more complex and I also didn't find the source code for them.

1st - faces customizations
2nd - parameters for creating bodies(character customizations)

I also compiled the tools related to Gfx, Skill attack effects.

Now I'm going to start looking for tools related to map creation.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could you help me, how can I import .ski file or convert some format to be able to import / merge to 3ds max

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I AM RELEASING A BETA VERSION (Recommendeded for 3d artists or hobbyists)

I will not be teaching how to use 3dsmax.

This is dedicated for Angelica2 games.

These plugins sources and documents are shared by Fyyre and it can be obtained through the FW Section in some public releases:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f783/compilation-useful-releases-2021-a-1195963/

---------------Useful links

*Plugins Download:

*Note:
Plugins Run on 3dsmax 6, 7 and 8.

*Extra:

---------------Install Angelica Models plugins in 3dsmax:

1)Dlls path:
Code:
ifc22.dll into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8
immwrapper.dll int c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8

2)Plugins path:
Code:
MoxExporter2.dlu into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins
MuscleSetup.dlm into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins
SkeletonExporter.dle into c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins

---------------Locating plugin interfaces within 3dsmax:

1)MoxExporter:
path:

2)MuscleSetup:
path:

3)SkeletonExport:
path:

*The main skeleton is made using Biped.

---------------Output files:
Code:
.smd = Skeleton Model
.ski = Skin Information
.bon = Bone Model
.stck = Skeleton Track Animation
.phy = Not currently used
texture

*Also export .mox files, If anyone knows the correct description for the format comment and I'll add it to the thread.

---------------Update:

*SkeletonEditor tool:

Code:
configs.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\configs
models.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\models
shaders.pck into C:\SkeletonEditor\shaders
--- IMPORTANT!!! ---

To use the tool without errors, windows must be in Chinese Region.
Changing the region will not change your windows language and will not affect any installed programs.

How to change windows Region:

Code:
[B]Control Panel->Region->Administrative->Change System Locale->Chinese (Simplified, China).[/B]
*Any problem with the plugins, comment that I will make corrections.

Quick question, would this be the tool I should be working with for upgrading character models? I want to start a project where I upgrade all character models or if not possible use newer character models for older character models so, would this be the tool I would need? I'm very good with 3dmax and have done many character models for other games, just need to make sure I'm on the right path with PWI

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you help me, how can I import .ski file or convert some format to be able to import / merge to 3ds max
There is an old plugin made for Blender that you can import the .ski, from that you can export it in a way that 3dsmax opens.
Quick question, would this be the tool I should be working with for upgrading character models? I want to start a project where I upgrade all character models or if not possible use newer character models for older character models so, would this be the tool I would need? I'm very good with 3dmax and have done many character models for other games, just need to make sure I'm on the right path with PWI
These are the plugins used by wanmei to make models for their games, you can do everything, but exporting the models is only a small part of the process, you will need other tools to make the models work in the game, if you had the original design of the models it would be easy to update them, but creating a new model will be laborious.

For example the "male" character from "Warrior" has more than 1k animations.
1713546296413 - 3ds Max Angelica Model Creation - RaGEZONE Forums

Depending on if you are going to create a new model you will need to recreate the animations because if you change the bone numbers the old animations will not work, if you compare the skeletons of the old and new models there was an increase in the bone numbers to improve the fluidity of the animations.

In any case, the models were made with low polygons for performance reasons.
During my tests the game rendered up to 23k polygons, testing on the client made in Angelica2, from 1.6.4 it changes to Angelica2.2, so I don't know if it accepts more polygnoses.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is an old plugin made for Blender that you can import the .ski, from that you can export it in a way that 3dsmax opens.

These are the plugins used by wanmei to make models for their games, you can do everything, but exporting the models is only a small part of the process, you will need other tools to make the models work in the game, if you had the original design of the models it would be easy to update them, but creating a new model will be laborious.

View attachment 259877

Depending on if you are going to create a new model you will need to recreate the animations because if you change the bone numbers the old animations will not work, if you compare the skeletons of the old and new models there was an increase in the bone numbers to improve the fluidity of the animations.

During my tests the game rendered up to 23k polygons, testing on the client made in Angelica2, from 1.6.4 it changes to Angelica2.2, so I don't know if it accepts more polygnoses.
Im Pabrey, 3D Designer / 3D Maker, On previous occasions, I was working with Rimbros in other proyects but now I want to return to the games i'm a little rusty with these converters, thanks for help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

View attachment 259877

Great info, so without touching the bones for the 3d mesh, could the mesh be replaced with a new mesh -skin wrapped to the old mesh to keep the integrity of the bones for the original animation or would it not work because it needs the original mesh for exporting? In my experience, skin wrapping a new mesh over the original (and deleting the original) tricks the bones and animations into thinking the new mesh is the original one and it keeps the integrity of bones and animations in game - as long as the new mesh is exported with the same name as the original mesh, is this true for Angelica or am I missing something? Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great info, so without touching the bones for the 3d mesh, could the mesh be replaced with a new mesh -skin wrapped to the old mesh to keep the integrity of the bones for the original animation or would it not work because it needs the original mesh for exporting? In my experience, skin wrapping a new mesh over the original (and deleting the original) tricks the bones and animations into thinking the new mesh is the original one and it keeps the integrity of bones and animations in game - as long as the new mesh is exported with the same name as the original mesh, is this true for Angelica or am I missing something? Thanks.
As I said before I don't understand Modeling, I only did the basics to create functional models,
about the approach you described it would be more or less how clothes and armor work, regarding character I don't know if that works.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I said before I don't understand Modeling, I only did the basics to create functional models,
about the approach you described it would be more or less how clothes and armor work, regarding character I don't know if that works.
Ok, guess I have to go with trial and error. Thanks for the info. but you can confirm that this tool does import and export character models in and out of 3dmax correct? And can be repacked into the game files and working in game correct?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, guess I have to go with trial and error. Thanks for the info. but you can confirm that this tool does import and export character models in and out of 3dmax correct? And can be repacked into the game files and working in game correct?
No, the plugins I made available are only used to export new models, they don't import anything.
and they are still old versions that only work in 3dsmax 8, I compiled others in 3dsmax 2012.

But I didn't make them or the rest of the tools I compiled public.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, the plugins I made available are only used to export new models, they don't import anything.
and they are still old versions that only work in 3dsmax 8, I compiled others in 3dsmax 2012.

But I didn't make them or the rest of the tools I compiled public.
Ok, so when you say they don't import anything - are you saying they don't import anything into 3dsmax? If that's what you mean -then how do one get a character model into 3dsmax? Is it a conversion process (angelica > fbx or obj) Or is not possible to bring character models into 3dsmax at the moment? What program is the screenshot you took from of the male warrior in the T pose(almost T pose)? Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so when you say they don't import anything - are you saying they don't import anything into 3dsmax? If that's what you mean -then how do one get a character model into 3dsmax? Is it a conversion process (angelica > fbx or obj) Or is not possible to bring character models into 3dsmax at the moment? What program is the screenshot you took from of the male warrior in the T pose(almost T pose)? Thanks.
The plugins are exclusive for create and exporting new models for Angelicas games.

About importing models from Angelica Games, there is a plugin for blender (you'll need to look around, I don't remember who posted it).

I don't know of any plugin for 3dsmax that does this.

The tool is one of the ones I compiled.

Back