• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

A riddle for you

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Somewhere deep in a dark forest there's a hollow tree with exactly 100 gnomes living inside of it. All these gnomes wear hats. There are two types of hats, white and red ones, both of which are present in an equal amount. It's too dark in the tree to see anything, so they don't know from their selves or from each other which colour hat they're wearing.

One day a giant comes along and says to them the following: "Listen to me little gnomes and listen good, if you don't come walking out of this tree in two groups of 50 with every gnome in the same group wearing the same colour hat, I will eat you all."

What should the gnomes do?

Inb4, attack the giant, turn the lights on, fly away, or any other retarded option.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Turn the lights on, of course XD
Or just eat a cyanide pill.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i say we hope the giant is colourblind :(

too hard pieman

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Some of em takes their hats off :eek:?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do the gnomes know which hat they themselves are wearing? If so they simply trust each other to move one hat color to one side and another hat color to the other side.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Roll out of the tree?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stay in the tree because no one can see so if the giant tried to get them he wouldn't be able to see them.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Skip out of the tree?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Listen to me little gnomes and listen good, if you don't come walking out of this tree in two groups of 50 with every gnome in the same group wearing the same colour hat, I will eat you all."

Pieman - A riddle for you - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That is a very good riddle. Damn. I'm stumped.

Back