• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

About change client version ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
first sory about my bad english :sleep: ( i'm still learning it)
I got the same problem about version of the client , i fixed it and my client can connect to my sever but.... the new problem have appeared.
I can only log in game for about 1 minutes and got DC , some guy i ask about this told me that it's because of my checksum version is wrong .:$::$:
Is it true ? and how can i fix it @@!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If checksum was wrong then you would not be able to connect at all. Most likely you damaged something while making modification or your client have some additional check somewhere.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If checksum was wrong then you would not be able to connect at all. Most likely you damaged something while making modification or your client have some additional check somewhere.
I was reading the post before, bobsobol and you wrote that : the client client has two checksum (version) , i already know about the first checksum but what about the second checksum ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are many checksums throughout the game and server executables. A large number of them become redundant without XTrap, but quite a few still remain.

Not all are security related though... unless you use the word "security" the way Microsoft do. ie. To mean that they prevent corrupted data during the programs operation so that packet corruption and buffer overruns (by fair means or foul) can be ignored and such.

The client checksum (checkfunc) feature Sheen described in his guide is the one we most commonly refer to. ^_^ It is issued during login and covers the vast majority of code and data in the executable, but may be issued again during play. (IMS, there are server config lines to repeat the memory function checksums at a certain frequency) It causes DC if it does not match.

Staff member
Reaction score
If I am not wrong, this check is only performed just once, in the very moment you login.
If you remove this packet from game, server won't be notified, therefore you won't get any DC, even if you are using a modified client. Shame on yedang! they must learn to program lol

There is a workaround to fix this issue, but thats another subject :rolleyes:

BTW, there is a second checksum, unknow by most of users, I will see if I can find it here to share with you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are more client checking functions used with hotuk.ini commands:-

*CL_PROTECT
*VERSION (we know about, I think there's a *DEBUG_VERSION too?)
*DISCONNECT_CLSAFE_CODE
*CLSAFE_CODE
*SERVER_CODE
*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME
*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT​
But without the information that used to be listed here, provided by others, I can't remember what parameters each takes and what they achieve. Even then, I don't think we ever had a comprihensive list of which check was performed when.

Some of those *may* be dependant on GameGuard being present? I'm not sure.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Checksum problems .....:shot::shot: . I think it is best to disable them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Within a private, isolated VLAN for development; absolutely. Unless the thing you are testing and debugging is the checksum functions.

On a server which is open to players who may cheat, or accuse each other of cheating, or attempt to exploit your server in any other unreasonable manner; definitely not. Modify them to work in a more secure or simply less documented manner, possibly. But even then, only with the greatest care.

Back