Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

aceonline.atm missing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im not expecting any reply here, but in case there is someone looking - im trying to set up a server, everything went well and now im setting up the client just to see if i can actually get it to launch. but my problem is, i dont have the aceonline.atm (as far as i now thats required?) because when i log in to the launcher, it says "file not found". and, well, i followed the guide (http://forum.ragezone.com/f614/guide-aceonline-4-2-using-1091471/) very closely (helped a lot), and i see that theres the launcher itself and the launcher.atm, but no aceonline.atm. how is the intended use of that? i dont understand the guide in that aspect, hope someone can answer that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there are 2 part of source
- server side (ProjectServer)
- client side (ProjectAtum)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there are 2 part of source
- server side (ProjectServer)
- client side (ProjectAtum)

Yes, thats the problem - as far as i can tell, the archive thats linked in the guide doesnt contain projectatum? i took it from the github from OpenAO42 and will try to make it work with that, im just confused what the intended way is here...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I checked this thread, but all the 3 links there are dead.
im trying out openAO rn, but the preserver isnt launching, no error no logs

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I checked this thread, but all the 3 links there are dead.
im trying out openAO rn, but the preserver isnt launching, no error no logs

check that folder have client_root.cfg / config_root.cfg or not?

if not just create.

client_root.cfg
----------------------
..\map\Res-Exe

config_root.cfg
---------------------
..\config

edited:
all link seem to be dead. so i reupload may help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, i had the config_root as it was written in the guide - but i didnt enter ..\map\Res-Exe, only ..\config, you mean that will fix it? or do i still need to build aceonline.atm?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, i had the config_root as it was written in the guide - but i didnt enter ..\map\Res-Exe, only ..\config, you mean that will fix it? or do i still need to build aceonline.atm?
in my opinion preserver cant find config so it cant launch.

i suggest you to check what you missing

folder tree should be like this
- bin / { all binany , client_root.cfg, config_root.cfg }
- config / { all cfg like global.cgf ... bla bla }
- map / { all dat , all sma }

* preserver should read config path from config_root.cfg
* check config folder have cfg file or not

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait, why do you think the issue is with the server? the server is launching just fine - i can log in with admin tool and use all the features - i will try to add a client_root.cfg (i didnt have that file before, wasnt mentioned in the guide) - the config and map folder is complete as far as i can tell

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wait, why do you think the issue is with the server? the server is launching just fine - i can log in with admin tool and use all the features - i will try to add a client_root.cfg (i didnt have that file before, wasnt mentioned in the guide) - the config and map folder is complete as far as i can tell

you said "preserver isnt launching" so i said how to make it launch.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, adding the client_root.cfg didnt help, ill try building again with your files...

EDIT: openAO is just not working, i dont know why - i run preserver binary and it just opens a cmd that instantly closes. i tried building with your files, but that didnt work either, im getting a poop load of directX errors... i have a running 4.2 server, i just need a client and i have no idea how to get a working client...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, adding the client_root.cfg didnt help, ill try building again with your files...

EDIT: openAO is just not working, i dont know why - i run preserver binary and it just opens a cmd that instantly closes. i tried building with your files, but that didnt work either, im getting a poop load of directX errors... i have a running 4.2 server, i just need a client and i have no idea how to get a working client...

take screen shot your server file and folder. so i can sure you didn't missing anything.
main folder
- bin
- confg
- map

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When its unable to read config it will still print error. Cannot run it at all with no log might be caused by comping with some freak modifications or smth. Debug it and look whats causing close instead of guessing

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay, so my current state is - i have 3 sources:
one from the guide i linked. here, the server is working just fine, but i have no client (i have no idea where to get a working client for that - i built it and got the launcher.atm, but wheres the aceonline.atm? the launcher starts, but after logging in successfully, it just closes)

one from openAO - here the server instantly closes like i said.

now i have the 4.3 source that vinle linked me - here i cant even BUILD the server, because the source contains dx sdk 8, but the code wants to import dx sdk 9.

i really just wish i could use the guide, because i got the server fully running, but i have no idea how st0rmy thinks you get a client when following the build - i wish he could explain since its his build, but i doubt he is active here anymore.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know lol, but sadly my laptop somehow doesnt allow .net 3.5 (which is needed for the sdk 9) - that issue only happened with the source that the one guy here linked me, its all working fine with openAO currently

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Then stop even trying to 'make server'. Issues like cannot find ao.atm when all sources are released, cannot compile when theres tuts for retards how to compile, cannot start bins because youre unable to debug it, this all at end gives one result - give up before someone will clearify you harder

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i want to make a test server to understand things better. dont worry inet, thanks for the attempt lol, and no i wont "give up" for a test server lol

JFYI im just planing to do a local test server. so dont go 5head and just answer if you have anything helpful to say.

Upvote 0
Back