Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Add-On]Learning NPCs, Start to Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read it at last :D. First I wasn't able to understand a single word but now I understood almost anything except those arrays. I think I will figure that out on my own. This guide was very useful. I recommend it to all newbie's. It just helped me a lot.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
' - Shawn Um Question . How do you link up your Notepad ++ to your Maplestory private server that your playing idk how to do that .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
' - Shawn Um Question . How do you link up your Notepad ++ to your Maplestory private server that your playing idk how to do that .

I'm SUPER late but if this is a question occurring with other people, you don't have to link it or whatsoever. You simply open up a NPC script in your SRC folder and edit it. And it applies to your server assuming that it works. I honestly don't even know why I'm posting this, I was just reviewing the commands because I forgot most...

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late bump but just got a notification of a Like. 114 likes? When did this happen? Unreal... Is this even relevant anymore? I know sources have changed a lot since I made this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late bump but just got a notification of a Like. 114 likes? When did this happen? Unreal... Is this even relevant anymore? I know sources have changed a lot since I made this.

NPC scripting hasn't ever changed, so everything here can still be used to learn. Great guide by the way, I love how you added all the NPC commands considering I can't remember all of them. Only thing I would point out is that I'd use ternary rather than if-else only because I like shorter NPC's xD

Code:
if (mode == 1) { // the mode is set to 1 because of the function start, as shown above 
        status++; // advances the NPC to the next status, in this case, status 0 
    }else{ // if mode does not equal 1 
        status--; // does not advance the NPC to the next status. 
    }

Code:
(mode == 1 ? status++ : status--);

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very late bump... but everytime i open npc.wz in notepad++ i only see jibberish. cant make anything out of it. whats the problem?

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back