• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Add-On]Learning NPCs, Start to Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read it at last :D. First I wasn't able to understand a single word but now I understood almost anything except those arrays. I think I will figure that out on my own. This guide was very useful. I recommend it to all newbie's. It just helped me a lot.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
' - Shawn Um Question . How do you link up your Notepad ++ to your Maplestory private server that your playing idk how to do that .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
' - Shawn Um Question . How do you link up your Notepad ++ to your Maplestory private server that your playing idk how to do that .

I'm SUPER late but if this is a question occurring with other people, you don't have to link it or whatsoever. You simply open up a NPC script in your SRC folder and edit it. And it applies to your server assuming that it works. I honestly don't even know why I'm posting this, I was just reviewing the commands because I forgot most...

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late bump but just got a notification of a Like. 114 likes? When did this happen? Unreal... Is this even relevant anymore? I know sources have changed a lot since I made this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late bump but just got a notification of a Like. 114 likes? When did this happen? Unreal... Is this even relevant anymore? I know sources have changed a lot since I made this.

NPC scripting hasn't ever changed, so everything here can still be used to learn. Great guide by the way, I love how you added all the NPC commands considering I can't remember all of them. Only thing I would point out is that I'd use ternary rather than if-else only because I like shorter NPC's xD

Code:
if (mode == 1) { // the mode is set to 1 because of the function start, as shown above 
        status++; // advances the NPC to the next status, in this case, status 0 
    }else{ // if mode does not equal 1 
        status--; // does not advance the NPC to the next status. 
    }

Code:
(mode == 1 ? status++ : status--);

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very late bump... but everytime i open npc.wz in notepad++ i only see jibberish. cant make anything out of it. whats the problem?

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back