• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos Adding Custom Items To Amber

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello to everyone that's reading this post.

Recently I've been playing my own private WoW server using the Amber GUI and I have to say to a newb that can't create his own server to save his butt it's pretty awesome.

However recently I had this bright idea that it would be pretty awesome to add some custom items to Amber. Now as you all know I'm a complete newb and I have no idea how to do this, so in the end I found this http://forum.ragezone.com/f436/mangos-amber-releases-2-4-a-393756/index22.html#post3551235. Now I wondered if someone else has already asked this question so I skimmed through the forums but couldn't find a post as to adding custom items to Amber. Now I'm here asking how can I custom items to Amber?

BTW the site I use to create my items is and the file name of the Amber I installed is v10199_FullSetup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jacques

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Yes, you can. I don't have Amber installed right now so I can't instruct you on exactly how but this is basically it. In your Amber folder, there's another folder named SQLYog. That's the database management tool you'll use to edit the database.

In one of the tabs in Amber, you can edit the mangos.conf file, in that look for the database (It'll be something like 127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;mangos;mangos).

The first is the hostname, the second is the port. The third is the SQL username, the fourth is the password and the last is the database. With that info you can connect to it's database using SQLYog (But only when you have the SQL server running via Amber).

Considering Amber is just a pre-install/GUI of MaNGOS, yes, items made through WoW-V will work

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Before I read your "help" I was browsing through some old posts and came upon this http://forum.ragezone.com/f114/importing-custom-items-301352/. To be quite honest I had no idea what they were talking about so I then decided to take a quick peak at the new comment I had and BY GOD. Finally everything made sense.

So for Future Reference:

1: First you have to locate your mangosd.conf file in your mangos dir

If you'll take a look at the screenshot below you see what file you need to open and the location of you mangos dir (more or less depending on your own installation)

Jacques1990 - Adding Custom Items To Amber - RaGEZONE Forums

2: When you open your mangosd.conf file you'll have to find your database and SQL information. You'll notice the red box in the screen below contains that information and yours should be more or less in the same location.

3: Now before you get started you'll have to run the SQL server through the Amber GUI.

4: Now you can go to the SQLyog dir and open SQLyog.exe

5: When you run SQLyog.exe you'll have to create a new connection. I named my connection "mangos" but I guess you can call it whatever you want.

6: Now comes the time when you have to enter the information you gathered from your mangosd.conf file. The screen below should help you figure things out.

7: When all is done you'll have the same window as the screen does.

8: To import your custom item right-click on the mangos "database". The screen below should provide the rest.

9: When you clicked Restore From SQL Dump the window as in the screen should open. With this all you have to do is go to the dir where you stored your custom items file and click on "Execute"

I had no problems with this but when things go wrong you won't have a green bar.

So in short:

[ If you have full green bar and no messages, you have imported your item successfully, if error window pops up , you have something wrong with your file. in that case you have to open the file manually and change something yourelf (mostly entry id that can already exist in youtr database for other item or other often problem is incorrect sql syntax somewhere.]

and if you had a problem with my screens and such you can always follow what Darkicon and sylv100 said.

BTW +1000 Karma for both you guys.

Back