• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Adding custom mob stats on specific channels (LeaderMS)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trying to make a few adjustments to this pre existing source so a few friends and I can play our own private server and I have ran into some issues when trying to change mob stats on specific channels.
I added checks on setting monster stats in MapleMonsterStats.java at
Code:
public void setPADamage(int PADamage) {        this.PADamage = PADamage;    }
Code:
public void setPADamage(int PADamage) {        
if (ServerConstants.HELL_CH == true) {            
if (channel == 1) { this.PADamage = PADamage * 5;            
} else if (channel == 2){                 
this.PADamage = PADamage * 25;            
} else if (channel == 3){                 
this.PADamage = PADamage * 50;             
} else if (channel == 4) {                 
this.PADamage = PADamage * 100;                    }        
} else  this.PADamage = PADamage;    }
and the various other setting of monster stats but it threw a giant error and didn't end up working. I am pretty new to java, have a little experience with mapleservers from the past few years and just trying to get this setup so we can play the way we wanna. Any help is extremely appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Adding custom mob stats on specific channels (heavenMS)

Hi there, what's the error that's being thrown?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'll have to retry it, after the error was shown I reverted the code to original

Upvote 0
Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

mob stats cant be changed in v83 soo all this is waste of time, ALL mob stats are handled in client which is why hacking on v83 is so bad

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

mob stats cant be changed in v83 soo all this is waste of time, ALL mob stats are handled in client which is why hacking on v83 is so bad
Is it possible with v62? We are not too set on v83, just pre-bb

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You can set custom stats for monsters, although most of them will not reflect in the client (like the level or the name) and would only be visible via server commands.
I haven't tried altering the damage, but I'd expect it to behave in the same way, that is, the damage shown to you in first-person is different from the actual damage received and broadcasted to other players.

Stats like Exp. received are correctly changed in your client view too (since they're calculated in the server, ofcourse).

Whenever you come across that error message again, please post it here so that we can figure out what's up with it. c:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So i'm not the best with java, i'm a complete friggin noob.

I have changed to the ellinms source on v62 and I have added this code :
Code:
public void setPADamage(int dmg) {        
        if (ServerProperties.HELL_CH == true) {            
            if (Client.getChannel() == 1) { 
                this.PADamage = dmg * 5;            
            } else if (Client.getChannel() == 2){                 
                this.PADamage = dmg * 25;            
            } else if (Client.getChannel() == 3){                 
                this.PADamage = dmg * 50;             
            } else if (Client.getChannel() == 4) {                 
                this.PADamage = dmg * 100;                    }        
            } else {  this.PADamage = dmg;    
            }
        }

this is my getchannel
Code:
public int getChannel() {        return channel;
    }

It says that it get channel is not static so it can't pull a non-static value from it, but shouldnt the getchannel be static because it is changes depending on what channel you are on?

I guess a work around could be spawning an entirely new mob on the selected channels with buffed stats, but I am having issues with being able to set properties for channels altogether as when spawning mobs it does not check for a channel and I think I may be too novice to figure this out on my own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

other than lvl/name im pretty sure most stats can be changed on v83 just with packets. i dont really know or care how it works but the source im using already had it (no client/wz edits needed). idk if heavenms has this though
NW4W0gt - Adding custom mob stats on specific channels (LeaderMS) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ellinms, I guess it's an updated leaderms

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The only way its possible is by using the buffs mobs can have(as shown in the video.. you can see the sword).

Later in BB they have "ChangedStats"(I think that's an odin name) where you can just write int the custom values. But the only way possible in pre-bb is with what's already in packets(aka buffs)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The only way its possible is by using the buffs mobs can have(as shown in the video.. you can see the sword).

Later in BB they have "ChangedStats"(I think that's an odin name) where you can just write int the custom values. But the only way possible in pre-bb is with what's already in packets(aka buffs)

Then what is the purpose of the file "ChangeableMobStats.java" in just about every source I've loked at?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Then what is the purpose of the file "ChangeableMobStats.java" in just about every source I've loked at?
Well you gave 0 sources and 0 versions so how am I suppose to know?

But yet again... later in BB you can change them(like v11x for sure)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not trying to sound rude or anything but I gave the original source in the title, and the source I am using currently in a previous post.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That's the source you use, not the source where you found ChangeableMobStats.

I've already said how to do what you're asking in both of my comments.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Actually, if you looked at real GMS-like sources, you'd see that none of them have that. That class is an extension of OverrideMonsterStats (I think that's the name, been years since I touched Lithium) which was introduced in post-bb sources as Arnah was saying. In higher versions, there is a packet which contains the information from the override class. In Lithium sources, they call this "ChangeableMobStat", but the official class name Nexon goes by is called ForcedMobStat. Basically, take the user's ForcedStat (which is what v83 sources use for the "aranGodlyStats" packet, it is actually ForcedStatSet), and use mob stats instead. Anywho, since I'm getting off-topic here, that class was used for Lithium (post-bb source based on Celino), but it's included in HeavenMS (along with any HeavenMS fork). Now obviously there is no ForcedMobStatSet packets in v83, so the client is only capable of loading from the initial WZ values. However, a cute little "hack" that Feras and Arnah had mentioned is by sending MobStat buff packets for PAD/PDD/ACC/EVAetc. This will have to display the buff icon (e.g sword), but will in fact update the stats for basically anything you need.

Also, I've never personally heard of the "Ellinms" source that you're referring to. In fact, I can't find anything related to it on /f425 aside from your posts. Since I'm assuming "EllinMS" is either a server name or a fork of LeaderMS, I've simply updated your title to LeaderMS as requested.

Upvote 0
Back