• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Admin Account Only?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in a thread earlier by johannesr, but decided I shouldn't hijack his topic. Also, I would have posted this in the pinned "Unable To Connect" topic, but the thing is--I am able to connect, I'm just only able to connect as an admin.

That's pretty much it. I can't connect to my server unless I use an account specified as admin in my hotuk. Here's a copy of it--

//Server IP and Name

//*GAME_GUARD
*MODE SERVER
*SERVER_CODE 0
*SERVER_NAME PoopPT
*VERSION 1871
*SERVER_AUTOPLAY
//*NOTICE_URL
*GAME_SERVER PoopPT 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
*AREA_SERVER 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
*LOGIN_SERVER_IP 127.0.0.1
*SYSTEM_IP 127.0.0.1
*ENABLE_CLAN 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80
*CLAN_SERVER 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80
*TT_DATA_SERVER
*SERVER_LINK_IP

//Server Settings

*MAX_USERS 200
//*CRAZY_PACKET
*ENABLE_PARTYITEM
*PERMIT_MONEY 20000000
*PERMIT_EXP 20000000
*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP 20000000
//*REC_ADMIN_CMD
//*DISABLE_THROWITEM
//*START_FIELD
//*DISABLE_QUEST
//*DISABLE_DEC_SKILLPOINT
*SERVER_RECORD_MEM
//*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC 1
//*BLOCK_LEVEL 1
//*DISCONNECT_ITEM_ERROR 1
*CHECK_POTION_COUNT 10000
*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME 30
*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT
*ENABLE_CLAN

//Event's

*EVENT_EXPUP 500
*EVENT_POTION 30
*EVENT_BITMASK
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE
*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN
*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN
*EVENT_GHOST
*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF
*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM
*EVENT_WHITEDAY
*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
*EVENT_NINEFOX
*EVENT_BABELHORN
*EVENT_PUZZLE
*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
*EVENT_STARPOINT
*EVENT_CRISTAL
*EVENT_CHILD
*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF
*EVENT_HARDCORE
*EVENT_MANDOO
*ENABLE_PK 1
*PK_FIELD 6

//Server Protection

//*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE 1065117298
//*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
*CLSAFE_CODE 100
//*DISCONNECT_CLSAFE_CODE

//Database Backup DIR

*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME "C:\poop\e"
*BACKUP_PATH "C:\poop\e"

// [ Admin Stuff ]

*REC_ADMIN_CMD

*DEBUG_ID test
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID
*DEBUG_ID USERID

*DEBUG_IP 127.0.0.1

*ADMIN_IP 127.0.0.1
*ADMINISTRATOR_IP 127.0.0.1
*ADMIN_LOGIN "test"
*ADMIN_NAME "test"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "sex1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "sex2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "sex3"

I don't really see any oddities in it; it just seems to be acting gay like a Ricky Martin music video...Any ideas anyone?

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
enable_pk means pk in all fields..
u dont need a 1 afta it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
*EVENT_EXPUP 500
*EVENT_POTION 30
*EVENT_BITMASK
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE
*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN
*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN
*EVENT_GHOST
*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF
*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM
*EVENT_WHITEDAY
*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
*EVENT_NINEFOX
*EVENT_BABELHORN
*EVENT_PUZZLE
*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
*EVENT_STARPOINT
*EVENT_CRISTAL
*EVENT_CHILD
*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF
*EVENT_HARDCORE
*EVENT_MANDOO

iknow some of these shouldnt be held, all thats blocked on mine is MANDOO, so try //*EVENT_MANDOO

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ran it and still no go. I'm wondering what could actually cause this to happen o_O

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nobody know yet? :) Sorry for double posting, but I just want people to know that I've added more information here.

To be specific, what happens is that the client will try to connect, then will hang if it's not the admin/debug account (usually saying Connection Lost).

Also, I'm unable to accept connections if I take out the SQL.dll. If I keep this dll, then remove the ODBC instead, I also can't connect. I had read somewhere that you need one or the other for things to run smoothly, but apparently that's just not the case for me.

Oh, and it isn't just my computer either. I tried it on another one of my computers and still no worky. Since I'm attempting to connect locally, this eliminates the possibility of bad configurations with my router, not to mention I have no firewall enabled on either computers (and even if I did, it wouldn't explain the fact I can connect as an admin with debug mode on it). I wanted to at least get this to connect locally with no issues before uploading to a dedi, but oof, I'm guessing that's not gonna happen for the time being.

On a side note, this is what I'm using--

Fusion Repack (1871, I run the kpt-endless-tower-v2.2-ultimate-release) (thanks Super)
dPT Client On One Computer (purely for testing) (1871) (thanks dPT)
kPT Test Client On Another (I updated it and I *think* it turned into 1879, but I have it set at 1871 regardless) (thanks crazy kPT people)

I haven't dragged over any Monsters/NPC files from my client to my server either.

The SQL is perfect as far as I'm aware. I manually added accounts using the stepbystep Draco posted (thanks Draco)--

-To create an account go in ur sql database
expand databases/accountdb/tables here u can see a lot of tables,the table u have to use is the dbo.*GameUser * is the first letter of the account ID (A for an account begining by A,B for B,...)
When u open the table(right clik/open the tables u have to fill some informations:
Userid:account test
Passwd:test
Gamecode:0
Gpcode:0
RegistDay:1/1/1900
DisuseDay:1/1/2100
Useperiod :30
inuse:0
Grade:0
EventChk:0
Blokck:0
Specialchk:0
ServerName:poopPT
Credit:0
Ecoin:0
StartDay:1/1/1900
EndDay:1/1/2100
EditDay:NULL
Rno:0
DelChk:0
Channel:0
Bnum:0
MXServer:0
MxChar:0
MXType:NULL
Be carreful:Dun use enter to pass to next step,only use enter at the last data

Though my SQL actually had more fields than the above one, of which I filled in with 0's.

Oh, as for the SQL.dll again, I had tried several variations of them. I end up using one that HappyHardcore posted (this version was the only one that I found that contained fields allowing for SQL paths to be written (i.e: Poop\SQLEXPRESS). This, too, was the only dll that worked for me (thanks for posting it Happy). Here's the SQL.dll--

http://forum.ragezone.com/attachments/f286/44964d1190359640-unable-connect-post-about-here-sql.rar

I've seen many posts saying that if you can't get it to connect without the SQL.dll, then give up...But I am one persistent little witch!

Oh, and to get it out of the way, yes, I've modified the registry, ldata, and PTreg.rgx. I also am NOT running the launcher files, just the modified game.exe's I've downloaded. I have tried more than one different Hotuk as well and have disabled/re-enabled features accordingly in both of them, hoping for results. Also, the client(s) are both using the 3rd client Hotuk posted in the Resources thread (window mode ftw). I've tried connecting on a non-admin account using both hotuk and without a hotuk, but that did not help.

Oh man, I am writing a lot. One more thing--Only one admin account works at a time. I am unable to have more than one be capable of logging in at all. To get other admin accounts working, I must alter the Hotuk each time (it does not allow me to list them successfully).

...So...Anyone wanna take a shot? :robot:

Edit: I forgot to mention, I can log on to normal accounts too...if I use the administrative password. There was a thread about this awhile ago, but nobody gave a solution.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This will be my last bump to the thread I suppose (I appologize for the tripple post). Maybe it was just an unlucky coincidence on two computers; maybe not.

Oh, I also don't have clan files installed completely (it came with the dll's reg file). I'm doing so right now to see if it'll change anything (or I'll remove them and see if that helps). Time to crack open a Pepsi and get this thang done yooo.

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
The problem could be due to a incosistancy between the client and the server. I am not sure how well the dpt client works with the 1871 server to be honest.

//Admin Stuff

*DEBUG_ID tetris xyntium wingchung89 tester fox Kagome Raeden knight0 andrea pepsi paul
//*ADMIN_IP 192.168.1.1
//*ADMINISTRATOR_IP 192.168.1.1
*ADMIN_LOGIN tetris xyntium wingchung89 tester fox Kagome Raeden knight0 andrea pepsi paul
//*ADMIN_LOGIN imaninja
//*ADMIN_LOGIN andrea
//*ADMIN_LOGIN xyntium

*ADMIN_NAME "Herb1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "Hello1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "Hello2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "Hello3"

Try setting up the server something like that to see if there is any change. Also, sometimes if you have the hotuk.ini in your client folder, it WILL not let you login. Try and see if that is part of the problem as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I've tried all sorts of serverside hotuk combinations, but none worked. I think the hotuk is fine :)

As for the client, I usually used the kPT test client - updated version. It end up being 1879 or something, but I run a game.exe that's 1871. I'll try a different client and experimenting with no hotuk in the client folder a bit more (tried it a few times, but I'll try more combinations).

I get this error btw--

010633|SQLLogon===== testy's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]
011313|SiegeMoneyTax lpszClanMarkNum [0] lpszTt [0] lpszTax [0]
011313|SiegeMoneyTax lpszTt=0

011415|SQLLogon===== testy's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]
011439|SQLLogon===== foose's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]
011614|ServerExit

012857|GameServer Error
012857|g_LogPath C:
012857| AccountDbIP Error

012857|SiegeMoneyTax lpszClanMarkNum [0] lpszTt [0] lpszTax [0]
012857|SiegeMoneyTax lpszTt=0

012944|SQLLogon===== foose's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]
013630|SiegeMoneyTax lpszClanMarkNum [0] lpszTt [0] lpszTax [0]
013630|SiegeMoneyTax lpszTt=0

013647|SQLLogon===== aaa's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]

The -5 one is the most common. Thanks again for replying.

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
Server side, what IP are you using for your server. Lan IP? Wan IP? Localhost?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've alternated a few times. I've done 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.11.

I uploaded the server to a dedi yesterday to see if coincidentally the two computers I had the server on were just weird, but it also does not want to allow normal users to connect to the dedi (the dedi's hotuk is using its real IP). If I get a bit of time, I'll actually make a video of myself going through stepbystep everything that I've done. Also, I downloaded another client today so I'll try running that one instead, but I don't think it'll be any different since I was able to connect with the admin account on the old one.

Oh, and I still haven't installed clan files, tho I have the clan.dll and I'm sure my SQL.dll supports it.

This was another error log I had gotten with the other one I posted, but I moved it from the logs directory and it hasn't shown up since--
172251|insert into CharRecord0710 (UserID, CharType, GameLogonID,GPCode, ServerName, IP, GameLevel, Exp, GameMoney, RegistDay) values('test',0, 'Test','','PoopPT','127.0.0.1', 0, 0, 0, '10-17-2007 17:22:48')
172729|SELECT IDX FROM UL WHERE userid='test' AND ChName='Test' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
172814|INSERT INTO CT (userid, ChName, IP, ServerName, SNo) values('test','Test','127.0.0.1','PoopPT','41')
172903|insert into CharRecord0710 (UserID, CharType, GameLogonID,GPCode, ServerName, IP, GameLevel, Exp, GameMoney, EditDay) values('test',1, 'Test','','PoopPT','127.0.0.1', 1, 0, 0, '10-17-2007 17:28:40')
172923|SELECT IDX FROM UL WHERE userid='test' AND ChName='Test' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
173005|DELETE FROM CT WHERE userid='test'
190410|insert into CharRecord0710 (UserID, CharType, GameLogonID,GPCode, ServerName, IP, GameLevel, Exp, GameMoney, RegistDay) values('foose',0, 'Sora','','PoopPT','192.168.0.18', 0, 0, 0, '10-17-2007 19:04:10')
190524|SELECT IDX FROM UL WHERE userid='foose' AND ChName='Sora' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
(192.168.0.18 was just another computer on my LAN, the server is on *.*.*.11)

Maybe I fixed that, but I'm not 100% sure tho. Maybe it was spawned during a time I didn't have things setup correctly. Either way, the *.*.*.18 was able to connect to the server, but with the prevailing problem of being on admin mode.

When modifying the SQL.dll, I make sure to use a hex editor (UltraEdit ftw) instead of notepad. I also 00 any extra spaces if my IP or SQL path is shorter than the one within the dll.

Both the Fusion Pack and McMadness I've tried, but both dislike me. I'm sure they work too, as others have had success. Maybe I just need an outsider's perspective on this, which is why the video would be pretty handy. Hopefully it's something ridiculously stupid I forgot to do opposed to something more technical. I'll have to experiment some more. Btw, thanks for replying again, glad for the help.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
are ur ports opened on windows firewall
?
disable firewall...

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
and if ur useing 192.168.x.x. why wud u set 127.0.0.1
lol.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm on a LAN. I usually connect locally (127.0.0.1), but I had another computer that had the dPT client, thus I changed the server hotuk temporarily to its network addy and connected via the LAN. Ports don't need to be opened on localhost, which is generally what the IP is set as. As for firewall, I only have my router as a firewall since I've no need for one. The built in XP firewall remains off.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tried a third client and still connecting as anything but admin mode. Didn't use a hotuk either.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alrighty. Found more errors, this time located in SQL logs--

2007-10-27 19:49:49.78 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 5.
2007-10-27 19:49:49.78 Logon Login failed for user 'c8master'. [CLIENT: 192.168.0.11]
2007-10-27 19:49:58.21 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 5.
2007-10-27 19:49:58.21 Logon Login failed for user 'c8master'. [CLIENT: 192.168.0.11]
2007-10-27 19:50:01.45 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 5.
2007-10-27 19:50:01.45 Logon Login failed for user 'c8master'. [CLIENT: 192.168.0.11]

Not sure why this error would popup in (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG) the error log, but it did.

Edit: Woot, I think I fixed it. Had to use NT Auth instead of SQL Auth. Thanks for everyone's help!

Btw, anyone know if there's a disadvantage or security issue through using NT Auth instead?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what is "NT Auth" and "SQL Auth"?
Im using the same server files as you (Fusion Repack) and I have kpt test_1871 and updated it to 1879
and then clicked on the game.exe and then I got a "PTreg.rgx".
I have tried to install DPT in my kpt client and I have changed all IP's and versions to my Hamachi IP and created those registry and lData files, and I have tried different hotuk's
but it dont let me connect! (I'm using "BloodPT game.exe" version 1871).
And, do I choose between SQL.dll and ODBC? I have SQL.dll in my server files, and I have created the ODBC thing with c8master.
and I did'nt know how to start the server (I did know that it was some1 of the 4096 files).And the last question now:
Do I need to add my own account in my hotuk in the server files and put my own IP in there and make a hotuk to put in my client folder? (kpt, I installed dpt in it blabla...)

And do I need to copy field and char from kpt without the Dpt patch in it?
And do I need to copy something more from the client side?

Thx in advance

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NT Auth and SQL Auth can be chosen when setting up the ODBC. It's one of the beginning steps. SQL Auth didn't work for me, but NT Auth did. Also, if the ODBC is set correctly, then you won't need to touch the SQL.dll at all.

You copy the field and char field from your KPT to Server Folder.
For the time being, set all IPs in the hotuk to 127.0.0.1 (game server, login, etc AND admin IP + all that). Also, set the info in the "SQL.dll Reg.reg" and then merge it (aka double click it and hit "yes" to adding the info to the registry.

Check the resources thread to find out how to manually add accounts. I suggest making at least two. One as an admin account and one as a normal account. You don't have to add your account to the hotuk, but you might as well, especially if you make the admin account I mentioned. You don't have to use the client hotuk, but you might as well for window mode so that you can look at the server settings fast and/or alter the hotuk.

Hotuk number 3 in the resources thread usually works for most clients. Run KPT-Endless-Tower-v2.2.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for inconvenience, but i have the same old error that u got
080827|SQLLogon===== izid's sRet[-5] lpszGPCode[0] lpszDisuseDay [0] lpszUsePeriod [0] lpszPCRNo [0] [32]
what did you do to fix it ?
im trying for 2 days and cant fix, sql.dll is ok, clan.dll is ok, hotuk.ini is ok, all ok =[
thx

ps: i cant log in, with admin account or not, the same error

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Epic bump :-O

I switched back over to SQL Auth a bit after the last message of this thread (NT Auth doesn't support everything entirely, but it does support the vast majority of the server). My SQL database had been acting up for whatever reason. I forget whether it was the database or a file that was broken, but I had solved it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi
thx for help
i can connect now, but how can i configure clan system, php and asp files ? what i need to use with "user" and "passwd", because the windows auth mode dont have it
give me a light please
many thx

Back