Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

aion 3.0 emu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The pathfinding system looks very good, congratulations.

Inspired by the 4.3 server side posted by forum user qw19860616, I also found an algorithm for the pathfinding system and also added the pathfinding system to various versions of the server side, and the results of the current test are similar to what you demonstrated, but it can only be used as a single player or a small number of players connected (under 50 players).

This is because the 16-direction pathfinding algorithm consumes a lot of computer performance after entering a battle. I'm currently working with some friends to try to reduce unnecessary directional calculations, down to 8 or 6 directions may be more optimized.

The A-star pathfinding algorithm may have improved in accuracy, but in our tests, the performance consumed in multiplayer online may be more.

For some reason I am not able to use the post video feature directly in this forum, here is a demo of my pathfinding system.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my video demostrated A* with pathnodes, and what you have is just raycast ) and it save last position where mob saw player(I make this update).
I delete this kind of pathfind )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my video demostrated A* with pathnodes, and what you have is just raycast ) and it save last position where mob saw player(I make this update).
I delete this kind of pathfind )
I was inspired by qw19860616 for this pathfinding system, it is not an A-star algorithm, and there are still many problems with the calculation of Z-coordinates.

Currently I only use it in my own single player games, the only advantage is that it can be loaded into the vast majority of servers without owning the source code.

Maybe in the future, I will try to learn the A-star algorithm, which is definitely the optimal solution for now.

Although the development of AION simulator is slowly dying, but there are still people who like it to try to improve it step by step.

Thanks again for all your hard work, this is really good news.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it would be nice to know whats inside the .mwg file, i can build .geo files from client, yeah sure, but i cant use this with these .mwg stuff. Weird, sadness i not tested the server. I use MariaDB and this wont work, im not installed mysql 5, so i cant give feedback about the server, i cant start. why bound the commons to only mysql 5, so weird.

So ive installed an Uniserver (i hate stuff like this XD) Yeah pathfinding is good and working, thanks for that. But core itself, idk maybe this was my client, i cant use any admincommand with accesslevel 5 "//invis" is not a chatcommand. And the server throws many errors. Would be nice to know whats exactly inside this .mwg file. Ive tried to build an pathfinding by myself for my 3.9 server. The server runs very good now with a bunch of fixes, only the npcAi is for the recycle bin :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it would be nice to know whats inside the .mwg file, i can build .geo files from client, yeah sure, but i cant use this with these .mwg stuff. Weird, sadness i not tested the server. I use MariaDB and this wont work, im not installed mysql 5, so i cant give feedback about the server, i cant start. why bound the commons to only mysql 5, so weird.

So ive installed an Uniserver (i hate stuff like this XD) Yeah pathfinding is good and working, thanks for that. But core itself, idk maybe this was my client, i cant use any admincommand with accesslevel 5 "//invis" is not a chatcommand. And the server throws many errors. Would be nice to know whats exactly inside this .mwg file. Ive tried to build an pathfinding by myself for my 3.9 server. The server runs very good now with a bunch of fixes, only the npcAi is for the recycle bin :D
.mwg have the same structure like regular geo
I don't use this anymore, for fix commands u need add your character name in chat_commands.xml (example at the end in the file)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't use this anymore, for fix commands u need add your character name in chat_commands.xml (example at the end in the file)
Na, all good, was simply a test with these server. I have my 3.9 and my 2.x classic src here. Was enough work. But i stop now for a while with Aion, was hard enough for me to start with coding from an knowledge of 0 from any code. My testnodes are running and our public server running too. For me it is to hard to understand the geo and how the geobuilder get these file from the client.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nobody will share a good running src. Same for me. Maybe someday i open my paidfree public server and the community can play on them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1st post updated with source code) enjoy it
Thanks for sharing.
although the architecture and I am familiar with the model is completely different,
but also very valuable reference.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
my last aion-project closed in 2017 . What is the best today web on this src ? In 2015 a i have license powerweb

Back